Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Would you do a Mass Effect Trilogy Super Play Though?

• 53 results
    jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

Right now I have several Mass Effect Characters, one of them being my "canon" character (the one I care about). But after I finish ME3 with my canon and other characters, I plan on doing a super play though of all the games to create my ultimate "canon" character, where the story plays out exactly how I want it be.

So once Mass Effect 3 comes out, do you plan on playing though all 3 games with one character in a row? If so, what path would you take and who would be your romance option?

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By AndrewB

If I were to continue to be unemployed for eternity, sure.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 34

No. I consider the first character I play as to be my canonical one. After that, I play through as a female and then I am done. With DLC though, I won't have to wait nearly as long to get my Mass Effect fix, so it isn't a problem.

Avatar image for turboninjapanda
    TurboNinjaPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By TurboNinjaPanda

I'm absolutely planning on doing the 'Trilogy Super Play Through'.  Its hard to say what romance I'd take without knowing the ME3 options, but the path would probably be a mix designed to net me that 'perfect' ending.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jeanluc  Staff
    @Vito_Raliffe said:
    " No. I consider the first character I play as to be my canonical one. After that, I play through as a female and then I am done.
    I can respect that.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By Yummylee

Tottally, I'm already doing that for ME2 with me playing through ME just to transfer more characters into ME2.
    Novyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Novyx

I probably will. Even better, though, would be if they would re-release them all in a single package using polished versions of whatever is in ME3's systems to make one seamless, insanely huge experience.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Hitchenson

I'm playing through ME1 again so I can have a good ME2 femshep rather than - No Wrex, dead Council, Udina in charge and all the other shit that is the default.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jeanluc  Staff
    @Novyx said:
    " I probably will. Even better, though, would be if they would re-release them all in a single package using polished versions of whatever is in ME3's systems to make one seamless, insanely huge experience. "
    That would blow my mind! but will probably never happen as reworking the systems of the first 2 games would be a lot of work.
    Novyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Novyx
    @wasteguru said:
    " @Novyx said:
    " I probably will. Even better, though, would be if they would re-release them all in a single package using polished versions of whatever is in ME3's systems to make one seamless, insanely huge experience. "
    That would blow my mind! but will probably never happen as reworking the systems of the first 2 games would be a lot of work. "
    Not really. It would really just take building the environments again and updating the textures. the voices and script wouldn't change. It'd be time consuming, I'll admit, but most the expense would be taken care of with developing the engine, which would already be done. I'm sure they won't, but it would be pretty much the most amazing game package ever put together.
    Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I figure my canonical playthrough will be the "uber-Paragon". I'll likely have to start a new campaign just to jog my memory on exactly what the fuck happened in each narrative, and to tailor the smaller choices so that I can see each through-line.

sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By sickVisionz
    @AndrewB said:
    " If I were to continue to be unemployed for eternity, sure. "
    Same here 

@Vito_Raliffe
    said:
    " No. I consider the first character I play as to be my canonical one. After that, I play through as a female and then I am done. "
    I play through it multiple times but like this guy I only make two characters: male canon Shepard who does what I would do and evil bitch Shepard who shoots people in the face for shits and giggles.
    rivaldi22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By rivaldi22
    @wasteguru said:
    " Right now I have several Mass Effect Characters, one of them being my "canon" character (the one I care about). But after I finish ME3 with my canon and other characters, I plan on doing a super play though of all the games to create my ultimate "canon" character, where the story plays out exactly how I want it be. So once Mass Effect 3 comes out, do you plan on playing though all 3 games with one character in a row? If so, what path would you take and who would be your romance option? "
    This is pretty much what I want to do. I will go through the three games with my "real" canon character, then start over in ME1 and start crafting an "ideal" canon. "Real" in the sense that I made all of my decisions based on my own pure judgment, without any prior knowledge of the consequences, giving the decisions a marked sense of weight to them. "Ideal" in the sense that, knowing what OUTCOME I want, I can make the according decisions. Oh, and unless ME3 really throws an amazing girl at me, I could not imaging choosing anyone but Tali. Has always been my favorite female in the series, by far.
    Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Origina1Penguin

Sounds like something I'll do, sure. I have no idea when I'll find the time to do so, but I do enjoy what I see as "perfect" runs through a game (or in this case, trilogy). I really hope more games are made in the Mass Effect Universe though. I like it more than the Star Wars universe, even though it is lacking an iconic weapon or symbol.

rivaldi22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By rivaldi22
    @Origina1Penguin said:
    " Sounds like something I'll do, sure. I have no idea when I'll find the time to do so, but I do enjoy what I see as "perfect" runs through a game (or in this case, trilogy). I really hope more games are made in the Mass Effect Universe though. I like it more than the Star Wars universe, even though it is lacking an iconic weapon or symbol. "
    The "Mass Effect" is the iconic weapon, I am inclined to think.
    Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rivaldi22: I really don't understand the ubiquitous love for Tali. I find her really grating.
    SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SteamPunkJin

Only if ME3 is on three discs. 

But really, yes, yes I would.

Wiseblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Wiseblood

GiantBomb should do a Mass Effect trilogy Endurance Run.

Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Origina1Penguin
    @rivaldi22: But you don't really see that, wise guy. I am referring to a tangible object, such as the light saber in the case of Star Wars. Mass effect is not a weapon itself; it is a phenomenon of properties of physics.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By trophyhunter

yes easy

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By pause422

I doubt it. I will never play the first mass effect again, because I Just feel like I absolutely can't do it with ME2 out as it is. Just feels too archaic entirely compared to it.

LuciedB1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By LuciedB1988

That depends on how interesting ME3 will turn out. I know without a shadow of a doubt it will be awesome of course, so the answer will most likely be yes... at some point...
    xFRIGx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By xFRIGx

I might play through 2 again just to get back up to speed near the release of 3, then finish 3. So in short, hell no, im not sitting for 60 hours to play through all 3.

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By weltal

Well, I blew through ME1 after finishing ME2 and it only took me about 7 hours just doing main stuff and I haven't done ME2 as quick as possible yet but I'd imagine if all you want is Shepard then you could go through that fairly quickly.
     In short, absolutely.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#25  Edited By KowalskiManDown

I'm not gonna commit to it. But who knows. I probably will eventually. But like someone said before, my original Shepard is my canon.

rivaldi22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By rivaldi22
    @Sir_Ragnarok said:

" @rivaldi22: I really don't understand the ubiquitous love for Tali. I find her really grating. "

I can understand that. Like real relationships, it's different strokes. Kind of like how I can't understand how people (not saying you do, I'm speaking generally) find Jack an endearing personality after her warming up to you. It just strikes me as a weak defense mechanism put up by a very hollow, false individual. Tali strikes me as the most honest and self-aware of the females you roll with, and that lends itself well to a sense of (very) subtle humility that I can empathize with.

@Origina1Penguin

said:

" @rivaldi22: But you don't really see that, wise guy. I am referring to a tangible object, such as the light saber in the case of Star Wars. Mass effect is not a weapon itself; it is a phenomenon of properties of physics. "

Haha, I know. I was being facetious, but also sincere. Manipulation of the mass effect can be visually represented by several tangible objects. Relays, the Citadel, biotic amps, etc. Granted, we never actually SEE a biotic amp, but you catch my meaning. There is some potential there.
    TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27  Edited By TheHBK

not if Mass Effect 3 lets you go back to your love interest for sex more than one time during the adventure.

Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Hourai

I'm going to do this about a month before Mass Effect 3 is out. I'll play the first two and have my import ready for the third right before it comes out. 

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DoctorTran

I was thinking about this earlier and I think the answer is... no? I've already played ME1 about 4 times. 3 times in one month. I've only played ME2 once. I'll probably play it again before ME3 comes out. So If anything I'll just skip ME1, play ME2 again, then follow it with ME3.

mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30  Edited By mrfizzy

I would exept for the fact that i think by the time the 3rd comes out, it will be very VERY painful to have to play the first one again. I dont think i will play the first one again after having played the second. They improved so much that it would be a huge step back. 

Brontes_Muse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31  Edited By Brontes_Muse

If the buggyness of mass effect one was fixed, or load times quickened.    Sure

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By eroticfishcake

Providing that I have enough space on my harddrive. I might just do that.

Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#33  Edited By Mrnitropb

No, but I would pay $10 for an XBLA App that lets me build my own canon throughout the series. I had alot of problems importing my character, and am worried about a crash between now and ME3, so some outside (non PC) utility that I could flash through ALL the conversations and events and outcomes, like  slideshow or something, would be the dogs bollocks.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#34  Edited By penguindust

I don't think I could play through all three games back-to-back-to-back and keep sane.  I always need to break up my gaming with other different games.  Otherwise, I get burnt out on a franchise.  Let me ask you, would you play Halo CE, Halo 2 and Halo 3 back to back?  How about God of War, 2 & 3?  It's just too much for me to take continuously.  My Adept is the one I feel the most comfortable with although she was also my last play-through of ME1, so she'll probably be my "canon" character for ME3, but I maybe wrong.  I was planning on turning my Soldier into a class I haven't played yet (infiltrator, engineer & sentinel) when I import her over for my 2nd run, so one of those might strike my fancy more.  Of course, they are going to have to go a long way to rival the beauty that is the Singularity/Warp combo attack.

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jeffgoldblum
    @Novyx said:
    "I probably will. Even better, though, would be if they would re-release them all in a single package using polished versions of whatever is in ME3's systems to make one seamless, insanely huge experience. "
    I would buy that.
    JB16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#36  Edited By JB16

That's EXACTLY what I planned on doing!!!

nelander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By nelander

It sounds interesting, but I doubt I could do it, I dont think I could go back to the Mako, it just makes the sidemissions to annoying, and without the side missions there is no point in going back.

I do have 3 saves for Me1 already, I am missing a female Shepard. And I have thought about going back to fix that (no wrex, means no default me2 for me). Maybe when M3 is near completion (assuming the Mayas were wrong and we don't go the way of the dodo in 2012) I might be tempted to go back. I do hate that only one of my saves has a good ending for the bringing down the sky dlc.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By napalm

Yes, I plan on playing through the Mass Effect trilogy back-to-back. I don't mean, play the games for 15 hours a day, but I'll play through them at by own pace, hopefully creating and finishing a story within a month or two.

Garrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Garrus

A super playthrough? I feel like playing the first one again right now. Go back and own Dr Saleon again, because owning defenseless mad scientists is cool.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Demyx

Yes definitely, I can't wait.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#41  Edited By natetodamax

I doubt it. The character I made for ME1 is the character I used for ME2 and is the character I'll be using for ME3

Claymore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Claymore

Yes, I am. But my canon Shepard is the one I'm already playing, so I'd do it just for fun. Hell, this is the best thing the gen had given us. What a series.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43  Edited By Red

I doubt I'll play ME1 again, but leading up to Mass Effect 2 I did do a master playthrough of sorts in ME1. 

I just can't really see myself abandoning good ol Gray Shep.

thedj93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By thedj93

Depends how good the third game is.

Callumrides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Callumrides

yeah,  why not

taccyp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By taccyp

Doubt I could beat ME1 for a 4th time.

Avatar image for coheedfavorhouse
    CoheedFavorHouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By CoheedFavorHouse
    ht101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ht101

I am definitely going to do a massive playthrough.  I can't wait for the third to come out so I can do this.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Afroman269

Yes

Maclintok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#50  Edited By Maclintok

If there's a serious games drought AND I'm unemployed and I have someone to pay my meal ticket for a few weeks, then yes I suppose I could see myself playing through the entire ME trilogy in one heaping marathon.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.