-SPOILERS- The Final Boss?

#1 Edited by JDW519 (148 posts) -

Thought this was pretty funny up until I realized this actually was the last thing you fought in the game; If this wouldn't be considered the final battle then what would be?

EDIT; I guess to add some more depth to this post I'll just ask if anyone out there felt any of the 'boss fights' were good? Kai Leng seem to be the only character that was given much weight when confronting him, and I could care less about Kai Leng.

#2 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

He will be remembered as the most badass boss in the video game history... having waited THREE games to face you! He/she is hardcore!

#3 Posted by AndrewB (7511 posts) -

I think this is funny enough to exist in some form on these forums, but it was already posted and locked before as content-lacking spam.

#4 Posted by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

Can someone make a character page for Marauder Shields?

#5 Posted by drag (1223 posts) -

still better than a big robot human filled with human mush

#6 Edited by Mr_Skeleton (5138 posts) -

Oh man Marauder Shields is such a great name.

#7 Posted by RawknRo11a (553 posts) -

I love it!

may we always remember the epic battle between Commander Shepard and Marauder Shields!

#8 Edited by N7 (3574 posts) -

I don't think anything has ever entertained me as much as that video did. God bless Marauder Shields.

The boss Mass Effect 3 got, but not the one it deserved. His name was Marauder Shields. We'll fight him... because he can take it.

#9 Posted by ckeats (489 posts) -

What if Marauder Shields is actually Nihlus?...think about it.

#10 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4643 posts) -

RIP, Marauder Shields.

#11 Posted by AndrewB (7511 posts) -

Also, the Husk triplets you fight just before that are way tougher.

#12 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

I feel like BioWare just found out about the ability to use slow motion in gameplay, that's why we got that horrible walking section at the end and those shitty dream sequences.

#13 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@James_Giant_Peach said:

Nobody ever talks about Marauder Health.
#14 Posted by Swoxx (2988 posts) -

I laughed.

#15 Posted by ajamafalous (11866 posts) -
@N7 said:
 The boss Mass Effect 3 got, but not the one it deserved. His name was Marauder Shields. We'll fight him... because he can take it.
@Napalm said:
@James_Giant_Peach said:

Nobody ever talks about Marauder Health.
All excellent posts.
#16 Posted by Baconbot (113 posts) -

You will always be remembered Marauder Shields!

#17 Posted by Hennet_sim (339 posts) -

Marauder Shields gave his life to try to protect us from the ending we must all remember the sacrifice he made.

#18 Posted by JDW519 (148 posts) -

@ckeats said:

Probably, Bioware is so smart in bringing back old characters like that

#19 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@JDW519 said:

@ckeats said:

Probably, Bioware is so smart in bringing back old characters like that

ME4 confirmed: Cerberus uses cloning tech to revive Marauder Shields. The game revolves around tracking down and killing Shepard in the past so the ending of ME3 never happens.

#20 Posted by morrelloman (606 posts) -

Seriously. I died so many times at this part on insanity. I had to shut the game off. It was harder than the final boss in ME2 for sure.

#21 Posted by chilibean_3 (1622 posts) -

Marauder Shields is a really funny name.

#22 Posted by Jaytow (693 posts) -

I laughed, but on a more serious note I have no problem with bioware not having a boss fight at the end. Mass effect has always been a story/character driven game and that's why I'm playing it, the fighting is fine but it's not what I came for.

#23 Posted by Liquidus (946 posts) -

Marauder Shields. A true hero. Never forget.

#24 Edited by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

Not every game needs a final boss. ME2 had a stupid final boss. ME3 does it better.

#25 Posted by penINC (136 posts) -

@Liquidus said:

Marauder Shields. A true hero. Never forget.

Goddammit. This is such a dumb thing to complain about, but you see a lot of these types of posters, and it's annoying to see how often they get this one detail wrong. The top of the head crest should meet the edge of the frame, creating a natural division of both sides, and the blue background should extend passed the midline to the natural barrier.

#26 Posted by S0ndor (2715 posts) -

That was quite funny. Holding out at the Thanix missiles was seriously one of the most difficult fights in the series, though. Definitely more satisfying than the Terminator fight at the end of 2.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.