Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

5 new trailers, femshep trailer incoming tomorrow

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Dany

The enemies trailer along with the arsenal choices seem really cool. So many more different enemies from the last game, it is quite crazy.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Venatio

Hmm, should I watch these I wonder, so afraid of spoilers, also I'd rather watch femshep trailers

SpartanAmbrose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SpartanAmbrose

Well that settles it. Time to play through Mass Effect 1 and 2 again.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Oh god, the mandatory bulletpoint video's.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ShadyPingu

Space ninjas!

Get outta my dreams, Bioware!

joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By joeybagad0nutz

Done. I'm fucking done. I want this game now.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By phrosnite

This game is a must buy for me so I don't care for "videos for new comers". Will check out the FemShep trailer for sure 'cause she is the best ofc.

rawrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By rawrz

Game looks so awesome. Looks like the perfect Mass Effect game to me with deeper customization and better gunplay. Only thing left to see is if the story side of things holds up. Cant wait!

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By Vinny_Says

That second trailer....why do I have a feeling I'll always make the wrong choice and end up dead at the end?

DEMONOLOGY_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By DEMONOLOGY_24

man this is going to be so good

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By TheHT
    @Venatio said:

Hmm, should I watch these I wonder, so afraid of spoilers, also I'd rather watch femshep trailers

Yeah, after seeing that fan made trailer (as super awesome and hype building as it was) I think I'm gonna go on a Mass Effect 3 media blackout.

Except for the multiplayer demo of course. I really want to try that out.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#12  Edited By Yummylee

About time they actually released a little something that looks appealing. Just watching all of the armour customisation alone has me excited.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Hah, it looks like they're going to shaft Renegades even harder than they ever have.  Sigh.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say it's just that situation, but the best case scenario for the Renegades have always been that they get the same as the Paragons.  Always felt real dumb that the ethical outlook that favors pragmatism over idealism winds up worse off 80% of the time.

That example is really bad as well.  Demanding that military personnel follow their orders leads to them directly disobeying them... telling them you're after a museum artifact, with the explanation "it's important" gets her to send her squad on a suicide mission.  Man, bummer.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By Animasta

are they trying to catch up to square?

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Dany

@Brodehouse: She doesn't do that. She just has some of the artillery shoot down enemies.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mutha3

@Brodehouse said:

Demanding that military personnel follow their orders leads to them directly disobeying them... telling them you're after a museum artifact, with the explanation "it's important" gets her to send her squad on a suicide mission. Man, bummer.

Eh. Those guys are not Shepard's subordinates or whatever. The dialogue made it clear they had no idea who he even was, just that he was some human commander.

Explaining to them that you're there to secure an important enemy weapon(I'd assume at that point everyone knows what a reaper artifact is) is another matter entirely.

I'd say, yeah, telling an army that doesn't answer to you what's going on is much preferable to "YOU WILL HELP ME!"

Dookysharpgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#17  Edited By Dookysharpgun

I watched a fan-made trailer of this game, and was actually getting excited for it. Then I watched these trailers...and I've never been so bored in my life. These aren't new features, or even worthwhile features, when they decide to rush through them and make them look like they're a lot more in-depth and exciting than they are.

The enemies trailer looked like something out of a Dead Space advertisement, the customization just used the exact same armour as ME2, with very little customization available from the brief goddamn flashes we got, and the gameplay actually looks really, really stale. Hell, here's an idea, add a feature where you can use multiple abilities at once, and show that off, not some random piece of gameplay where you see the basic Paragon and Renegade options, and their outcomes, which will inevitably not matter in the slightest.

It shows just how little EA seem to feel the need to sell their game to an audience that have, for the most part, been generally unexcited for this title, not to mention the extremely bad press they got over that leak, and I have a sinking feeling that this same hubris that is what will inevitably bring the experience down, as I doubt it will live up to anyone's expectations, however low they set the bar. They have yet to deliver a trailer that actively excites me, instead, choosing to use the same old crappy ads they used months ago, and using old mechanics to make it seem like this is somehow something more than any of the previous titles. When a fan can make a trailer better than the company trying to sell the game, you can really see the difference in the end result.

jillsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By jillsandwich

Holy shit, this is going to be FUN on Insanity.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.