Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

A Logical Breakdown of Why the ME3 Ending Makes No Sense

Snowsprite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Snowsprite

I saw this floating around on Twitter, some dude just pulled a Plinkett Star Wars review style breakdown on the nonsense ending of Mass Effect 3. It's not specifically another indoctrination theory, but takes the approach that the events can't possibly make any sense whatsoever if it's not all hallucinated. Check it out, I thought the part near the end about the three choices was hilarious in describing just how much of a train wreck it is.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QT4IUepvrU1pfv_B95oQj0H84DlCTUmzQ_uQh1voTUs/edit?pli=1

shway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By shway

As Jeff said on the podcast if shep took a shit in his own hand it would be a more honest ending

SketchPanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SketchPanic

The person who wrote the article should really rename it "Reasons Why the Indoctrination Ending is Highly Possible", considering all the details they give to support it. The current title is rather misleading.

Personally, I don't believe in the indoctrination theory and have already said my peace on this subject time, and time, and time again. I just compiled a bunch of people's issues and ended up making a video fielding the majority of people's concerns.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ShadyPingu

It's reasonably cogent, sure. The part that deals directly with the Star Child is quite thorough. But as someone who thinks the Indoctrination theory is a cockamamie invention of very desperate fans, the fact that this document leans so hard toward it is off-putting to me.

thejke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By thejke

Actually that persons use of flawed logic made me like the ending more.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @Tarsier said:
    these ppl just want to shit on mass effect cuz theyre too stpupid
    Amazing.
    egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By egg

oh ok so if the writing is poor enough, it was done intentionally for artistic effect

got it

Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Zithe

Wow, I see so many things in this paper that the writer claims are not possible or could not exist when there are perfectly rational explanations. For instance, the whole Anderson following Shepard into the beam thing. Consider this:

1) Shepard gets up after being near the reaper laser and enters the Citadel beam.

2) Anderson, who was running over, maybe to help Shepard and/or look for survivors (He could have easily ignored the "Retreat" call from someone lower in rank than him.) follows Shepard into the beam.

3) They arrive in different, similar dark hallways.

4) The path from Anderson's hallway to the control panel room is open. He sees the chasm and moves forward.

5) The place starts moving and changing just like he says it does. The Chasm part could be rotating or lowering from hallway to hallway, who knows.

6) The door opens for Shepard now that the place has configured itself for this path to be viable.

7) Anderson is now in the control room and sees the panel which he says "Might be a way to cross over."

8) Shepard catches up to Anderson.

Obviously I would have to write a fucking lot to go through this all point by point, but saying that these events could not have possibly happened is pretty dumb.

Ketchupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Ketchupp

Some people take video games way too seriously.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By phrosnite

You make no sense. Endings were fine. You guys are crazy. Chill out.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NTM

Maybe that's the reason the ending felt like a nightmare, or a bad dream. I noticed some of this too. What if they actually lied and are going to make a Mass Effect 4? I'm not sure, but I do think there's something going on.

Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Zithe

Christ, the more I read, the dumber this gets. He thinks Joker outran the energy beam following behind the Normandy.

Popskinz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Popskinz
    @phrosnite said:

You make no sense. Endings were fine. You guys are crazy. Chill out.

I absolutely agree; people can dissect and criticize the endings for an eternity, but to no avail. 

So what if Mass Effect 3 didn't pan out the way you wanted it to? Let it go and move on.
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @Tarsier said:

@Tennmuerti said:

@Tarsier said:
    Amazing.

fixed the spelling mistake

PS i have something else to say which includes these people arent just too stupid theyre also haters which is a whole nother level of stupid and i assume these ppl rented mass effect and probly never even played the other 2 games and they just rented it to piss on it and say hey every1 ur favorite game sucks and since they PLAYED it makes their opinion legit when theyre just stupid/haters. thanks for reading my post

Still fucking amazing!
    Even more so!

I truly hope there will be no offspring.
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @Tarsier said:

@Tennmuerti said:

@Tarsier said:

@Tennmuerti said:

@Tarsier said:
    Amazing.

fixed the spelling mistake

PS i have something else to say which includes these people arent just too stupid theyre also haters which is a whole nother level of stupid and i assume these ppl rented mass effect and probly never even played the other 2 games and they just rented it to piss on it and say hey every1 ur favorite game sucks and since they PLAYED it makes their opinion legit when theyre just stupid/haters. thanks for reading my post

Still fucking amazing! Even more so! I truly hope there will be no offspring.

troll alert

Obviously.

It has nothing to do with you blatantly insulting entire groups of people in various ways and making baseless assumptions, while yourself communicating like a true bro.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.