A usable, comprehensive PC save editor?

#1 Posted by DeathWiseUpRise (8 posts) -

Hey guys, I'm really sorry if this is a repost, I'm pretty new to the forums. Recently, Brad mentioned that he'd found a decent save editor for the ME series, and it piqued my interested. I've bought every game in the series, but after losing my hard drive I lost my saves for 1 and 2 and lack the time to replay through them. I own 3, and have wanted to play it for some time, but about 6 months ago when I perused for a solution to save editing, my options seemed really limited, difficult to use, and generally shitty.

Is there something out there for the PC that will help me convey that I saved the Rachni Queen? That Wrex is king? That Liara and I beat up the Shadow Broker? Thanks for reading.

TLDR: Please, I need a save editor so I can play ME3 on PC cuz I lost my saves like Brad.

#2 Posted by Andorski (5345 posts) -

Go to MassEffect2Saves.com and download a save that closely resembles the playthrough you want. Then use Gibbed Save Editor to change any choices that you want. Warning: The Gibbed Save Editor software is not user friendly and requires some time and effort to use. I suggest you go on youtube to get some tutorials on how to use it.

#3 Posted by DeathWiseUpRise (8 posts) -

Thanks brodysseus, I should have asked you guys a lot sooner, I can't wait to jump in with the new DLC. I think I'll use one of the generic saves from that site, I found one that's really close to what I had and that way I can bypass any trial and error with the Gibbed Save Editor.

#4 Posted by megatronicles (50 posts) -

http://svn.gib.me/builds/masseffect3/

#5 Posted by KevinK (198 posts) -

The Gibbed save editor isn't that complicated. I was disappointed when Brad was on the podcast and was like (paraphrasing) "Oh, it sooo hard." Granted, I have a college education in software engineering, but I think gibbed has made the tool pretty simple with all the checkboxes. You don't have to mess with the hex values or whatever if you don't want too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.