Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Anyone else replaying all 3 games after finishing this one?

Avatar image for shalashaskauk666
    ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ShalashaskaUK666

And do you all own ALL the DLC for each game? I've just spent £20 getting Shadow Broker and From Ashes. I'm gonna install everything as I've already got Zaeed and Kasumi.

Time to see how the ENTIRE thing plays out with ALL the trimmings!! :D

SonicBoyster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SonicBoyster

I'm missing a couple of pieces of DLC which would put me over the $280 mark for the franchise. I want to make a shirt that says "I spent $300 on Mass Effect and all I got was this Deus Ex Machina Ending!" Oi oi, anyway, I intend to replay everything from the start at some point or other, but man it's hard to go back to the original game now. I'd sort of like to play them all as femshep this time around just to hear her voice acting since I know it's significantly better than Meer's.

caska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By caska

I'm having a massive urge to go back and play it as well! I think I might wait for a while though so I forget how everything worked in ME3 so as not to have too much of a shock when playing the first again... It would also mean repurchasing on the PC since I have no idea where the ME1 got to on 360...

Avatar image for james_giant_peach
    James_Giant_Peach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By James_Giant_Peach

Nope, already seen my story, wouldn't feel right doing it again. Good luck to you if you are though.

ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ShalashaskaUK666

I created a custom Shep in the first one, then switched to regular for 2 and 3 because I think the Bioware team put more effort into that face than any of the created ones.

However I'm gonna create a new dude from scratch and create a whole new story! Fuck the ending, lets just be grateful for what an AMAZING sci-fi world these guys created! :D

allgrinzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By allgrinzz

Tempted to do a renegade run from 1 to 3 just to see what happens, but I allready know what choices I'll be given so the ambition kinda drained from me. Have all the ME2 DLC, but not everything from ME1.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I own all of the important Mass Effect 2 DLC, and I was planning on playing through the whole series with a Renegade female Shepard after my first one but decided not to after the Mass Effect 3 ending. So, no.

Cyrus_Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Cyrus_Saren

Planning on it, yeah. I tried getting through the first two before the third came out but that... didn't pan out very well.

ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ShalashaskaUK666

So I've got Kasumi Zaeed and Shadow Broker. Is it really worth it to get Arrival or...erm......that other one?

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By napalm

Yeah, I will. Hopefully by the time I get to the end of Mass Effect 3, we'll get a Mass Effect 3 epilogue that makes a lick of sense.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By vitor

@ShalashaskaUK666 said:

So I've got Kasumi Zaeed and Shadow Broker. Is it really worth it to get Arrival or...erm......that other one?

Arrival is meant to be awful. Overlord is meant to be the best one along with Shadow Broker. Also, they make a lot of references to Overlord in ME3, so definitely worth it.

@caska said:

I'm having a massive urge to go back and play it as well! I think I might wait for a while though so I forget how everything worked in ME3 so as not to have too much of a shock when playing the first again... It would also mean repurchasing on the PC since I have no idea where the ME1 got to on 360...

Do yourself a favour and get the first one on PC. Man, I totally overlooked just how bad the frame-rate got in the first game on 360 back when it was released, but it's really hard to go back to now.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#12  Edited By rjayb89

I own all of the Mass Effect. All of it. I will probably play through all of them on Insanity once Mass Effect 3 is done with DLC.

Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Dingofighter

Not really, that ending just took the wind out of my sails. 
    I'm slowly getting it back by blowing as hard as I can, but the plot holes just makes the air pass through every time I get close. 

Yes, that was a really ridiculous way of saying that I'm almost at the point of accepting the end of ME3, but just enough of it makes no sense for me to not succeed. 
    Also, I've played ME and ME2 way too much already...

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#14  Edited By pyromagnestir

It was my intention, however I've really only just begun 3, so I'll decide afterwards.

I do own all the dlc. Bought most of it on sale though.

renachan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By renachan

I at least want to try a ManShep playthrough,  PS3  owner here so I only am starting from that point but I do have all DLC so far that I can. Currently doing a mini replay in that whoops forgot to enter my code for From Ashes, so starting over my main Shepard in 3 and about up to the first Citadel visit.

ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ShalashaskaUK666

I just stuck ME2 back in to see if even though I dont have ME1 installed anymore, my Shep was still available for import! So now I'm playing 2 again haha! I tell you what chaps, 2 looks A HELL of a lot better than 3, just in character animation, lip synching, and in my experience at least, characters actually looking at each other!

I had a bunch o times on the way through 3 where my dude Shep would just be staring at the sky or the ground haha! They really overuse that animation where a character looks down and holds their hand infront of their face!

Anyhoo, back in the ME2 frame of mind.....Cerberus FTW!! :D

ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ShalashaskaUK666

Just a quick DLC question. I've bought these packs and I've set stuff I've previously bought downloading again as I'd deleted the old saves. I was just wondering if I start playing ME2, will the DLC missions just become available when they finish downloading, or do they have to be finished downloading when you start the game?

Cheers!

SonicBoyster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SonicBoyster

They'll become available after download. They're designed to be playable after the end of the game but can be tackled beforehand as well.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#19  Edited By Undeadpool

I missed out on the second DLC from ME1 (though from what I hear I didn't miss much) but this is definitely my plan as soon as I finish my Female/Renegade playthrough.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.