Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Best final boss ever! (small spoilers)

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By phantomzxro

I know the ending was disappointing to some but that last boss battle was great. No giant human reaper, no Cain mini nuke weapon, no biotic powers, no tech powers, no squads just your shepherd a gun vs marauder shields. An epic one on one battle to save the world, RIP Marauder Shields I respect your one on one dual with Shepherd.

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Tarsier

no

bigsmoke77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By bigsmoke77

Can you give me one good reason why you needed to create this thread?

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MikeGosot

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By big_jon

@Tarsier said:

no

yes

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Justin258

@MikeGosot said:

OK. I get it now. Funny video. Honestly, I laughed.

Doesn't change the fact that Mass Effect 3's final encounter consists of a few waves of ugly motherfuckers just begging to be shot in the face. This is one of the few times that I can say I wasn't happy to oblige ugly motherfuckers who were begging to be shot in the face.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MikeGosot
    @believer258: If you want great Boss Battles, play Binary Domain. I know this doesn't have much to do with Mister Maauder Shields, but really, everyone should play Binary Domain.
    Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
    Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They didn't put a 'final boss' in because it "felt too video-gamey".  
    That's a quote. God forbid your video games should be video-gamey. 

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By MooseyMcMan

You know something's wrong when YouTube spammers can't even put in the video!

Also,

@Vegetable_Side_Dish said:

They didn't put a 'final boss' in because it "felt too video-gamey". That's a quote. God forbid your video games should be video-gamey.

Because the part where you pick the ending wasn't video-gamey at all! Honestly, a boss fight would have been less video game-y.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By xyzygy

I wonder if he has any relation to Brooke.

Also, yes. It's right up there with Fable II's ending.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Baillie

He killed me twice. Am I the only one?

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By CL60

I still fail to see why a game MUST HAVE A LAST BOSS!! Same with Fable 2. I don't see why it's necessary.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MikkaQ

This is old.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By laserbolts

@MikeGosot said:

@believer258: If you want great Boss Battles, play Binary Domain. I know this doesn't have much to do with Mister Maauder Shields, but really, everyone should play Binary Domain.

I've heard a few people say this but from that quick look I watched it didn't look very fun at all. Is the story really good or something?

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @CL60 Simple logic. People need to tear apart mass effect 3. Since there is no final boss in it, final boss fights are now necessary and mass effect 3 sucks because it doesn't have one.
    GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By GaspoweR

@MikeGosot said:

I'll get the PC Version now...thank you! :)

BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By FreakAche

Hahaha! Marauder shields is such good meme!!!!11111 Here's the ending described using a HILARIOUS ice cream analogy!!! Le rage comics this way ->

Upvotes to the left!

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By donchipotle

As soon as something gets a fake Twitter, it is time to stop.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SlashDance

@CL60 said:

I still fail to see why a game MUST HAVE A LAST BOSS!! Same with Fable 2. I don't see why it's necessary.

Especially when ME1 and 2 had terrible ones.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MikeGosot
    @laserbolts said:

@MikeGosot said:

I've heard a few people say this but from that quick look I watched it didn't look very fun at all. Is the story really good or something?

The Quick Look show the most boring part of the game. Once you meet the other team members, the game picks the pace. The gameplay is pretty cool, seeing the robots crumble is pretty awesome and the bosses will make you scream "HOLY SHIT!" every five seconds. Half of the story is like a really great Action movie, and the other half is really well made(Not that the action part isn't well made.). It touches on the "Organics VS Synthetics" thing way better than Mass Effect. I recommend it to everybody, it's one of my favorite games this generation. The game is pretty short, so you can rent it, if you want.
    briangodsoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By briangodsoe

His final form was Marauder Health but for some reason it was much weaker then his first form. Bold design decision Bioware.

TheKramer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheKramer89

@Baillie: completely off-topic, but you do realize that Andy Whitfield is dead and it's not Christmas time anymore, right?

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#24  Edited By Phatmac

@MikeGosot said:

@laserbolts said:

@MikeGosot said:

The Quick Look show the most boring part of the game. Once you meet the other team members, the game picks the pace. The gameplay is pretty cool, seeing the robots crumble is pretty awesome and the bosses will make you scream "HOLY SHIT!" every five seconds. Half of the story is like a really great Action movie, and the other half is really well made(Not that the action part isn't well made.). It touches on the "Organics VS Synthetics" thing way better than Mass Effect. I recommend it to everybody, it's one of my favorite games this generation. The game is pretty short, so you can rent it, if you want.

Do you work for SEGA?

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MikeGosot
    @Phatmac said:

@MikeGosot said:

@laserbolts said:

@MikeGosot said:

Do you work for SEGA?

What!? Pfffffffffft, of course not.
    aceofspudz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By aceofspudz

He killed me once. I thought the game was in 'you're done' mode, and I was surprised even by the husks.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#27  Edited By Hailinel

@SlashDance said:

@CL60 said:

Are you guys suggesting that a pedantic Star Child and a choose your own adventure ending is better?

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SlashDance

@Hailinel said:

@SlashDance said:

@CL60 said:

Are you guys suggesting that a pedantic Star Child and a choose your own adventure ending is better?

I'm suggesting a boss wouldn't make this ending "better" if they added one.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#29  Edited By MEATBALL

At least the arrow to the knee meme was funny for about 5 minutes, this joke just sucks.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Baillie

@TheKramer89: lol, yeah. This avatar is from xmas 2010. I don't post very much.

thomasnash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By thomasnash

They didn't put a 'final boss' in because it "felt too video-gamey". That's a quote. God forbid your video games should be video-gamey.

Seems odd to have that bullshit Kai Leng fight then really.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#32  Edited By TheHT

But the Illusive Man is the final boss.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#33  Edited By Sooty

@CL60 said:

It's not necessary and I don't think anybody really cites that as a problem considering how mediocre other parts of the game are. Like the constant corridor shooting missions, bad side quests or you know, that ending.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#34  Edited By Ghostiet

I'd like to have a final boss, but considering how awful was the last encounter with Kai Leng (hell, how awful is that whole character), maybe it's for the best.

@Phatmac said:

@MikeGosot said:

@laserbolts said:

@MikeGosot said:

Do you work for SEGA?

No, he's giving a valid opinion on a game that really is a lot better than the Quick Look showcased.

Because that never happened - the guys NEVER recorded the boring part of a game, nuh-uh.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#35  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

@MooseyMcMan said:

Because the part where you pick the ending wasn't video-gamey at all! Honestly, a boss fight would have been less video game-y.

Well the 'final boss' they didn't put in was the Illusive Man becoming a big monster, which I'm glad they didn't put in. His whole character is about intelligence not fighting, so having him simply turn into a monster you fight would be lame and not indicative of his character.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.