Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Bioware showing that they are a paragon of equality

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Animasta

okay, so, this was sarcasm if you couldn't tell. Basically, from what I understand, you can get some bonus... armor? clothing? from playing the demo or something. Now, male shepard gets this sweet ass leather jacket

No Caption Provided

it's p. sweet. I would wear that jacket, I think most people would wear that jacket, makes you look like you're a space greaser or something (space ponyboy)

here's what females get

No Caption Provided

LADIES WEAR DRESSES RIGHT? EVEN WOMEN WHO GO INTO COMBAT AND SAVE GALAXIES, RIGHT? HAHA YEAH MAN *fist bump*

now, lots of people got angry at me for saying "oh that reversible cover is even worse than not including it at all" but this is just blatant, pandering, sexist, terrible and indefensible. This would be okay, if either femshep got the jacket or male shep got a tuxedo or something to show that this is just evening wear, but you could fight in that leather jacket, I am PRETTY SURE you cannot fight very well in a cocktail dress.

edit: mods please lock this I should have known better to post this here

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

But those are just casual dressing to wear only on the ship, correct? Of course she wouldn't be wearing that in combat; neither would the male Shepard. What's wrong with it? The fact that she's a woman wearing a dress? Women don't wear dresses?

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Venatio

I'm playing femshep and I wish she got that sweet jacket instead too

I mean same thing happened in ME2 with the Kasumi DLC, maleshep got a suit and femshep got a dress, but since they were infiltrating a big party it made alot of sense, this doesn't. I mean if this was just casual ship clothes it would, but I'm guessing she wears that into combat in the first level

But you don't HAVE to wear it if you don't want to, problem solved

time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By time allen

we're the tunnel snakes

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Video_Game_King

Oh, I thought this was about that From Ashes thing. (I'll admit that I don't know what that's about.) Yea, a dress does look pretty dumb in a sci-fi setting, like you can't have dresses and lasers in the same universe.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Animasta

@FluxWaveZ said:

But those are just casual dressing to wear only on the ship, correct? Of course she wouldn't be wearing that in combat; neither would the male Shepard. What's wrong with it? The fact that she's a woman wearing a dress? Women don't wear dresses?

You have just as much info as I have, but you would not wear that dress just for walking around the ship either

@Venatio: that's not a good argument either. Yeah, I don't HAVE to go buy the 13-2 beach party outfit for serah, that doesn't change the fact that it's there (and terrible)

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Animasta: I don't know if I would; I'm not a woman. Why is it totally unrealistic that FemShep would wear a dress?
    penINC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By penINC

Well that's dumb. Why can't my male Shepard have a dress too?

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By connerthekewlkid

@Animasta: if your gonna kill some reapers you might as well look good doing it

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Spoonman671

Yeah, I'm sure that women who go into combat and save galaxies never wear dresses.  That's not in any way as presumptuous as what you are accusing Bioware of.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CL60

I really, really wish this site had an ignore feature.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By FreakAche

@Animasta: Are you sure that these two outfits are equivalent? I've been willing to defend BioWare for a lot of the stuff they do, but if this is true, I really don't know what to say.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Samaritan

Femshep wants to feel pretty?

Grelik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Grelik

Alright, you got me here. This made me chuckle a little bit.

Side note: Is it just the angle of the shot, or does her body look really disproportionate? Abnormally small upper body (NOT talking breast size here just in case people try to lynch me) and overly muscular/thick legs with hips that start way to far up her torso?

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#15  Edited By Dagbiker

I think ill pass on being outraged on this, thanks.

Also, they both look dumb.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Animasta

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Animasta: I don't know if I would; I'm not a woman. Why is it totally unrealistic that FemShep would wear a dress?

you honestly think you could relax in that thing? also you missed the high heels too, which are not conductive to relaxing.

ALSO I AM NOT SUGGESTING THAT SHE CAN NOT WEAR A DRESS. She wore a dress in the Kasumi mission but I didn't care because Male shepard was wearing a tuxedo, and it was totally valid because they were going to a fancy dress party.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#17  Edited By Yummylee

Pretty sure that's the dress from the Kasumi DLC, or close enough. Also I want that jacket in real life!

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Animasta

@Abyssfull: colors are different but yeah it's the same dress

DEMONOLOGY_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By DEMONOLOGY_24

yeah I agree with the dress it's kinda dumb that male Shepard gets that sweet ass jacket and lady Shepard gets...well a dress, what ladies can't wear sweet jackets and looking at that picture it looks really out of place like "hey Shepard let's go back to my place after saving the universe and drinks."

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Cloudenvy

@Grelik: People are into thunder thighs these days, I think.

On Topic: This made me laugh and I'd totally buy that leather jacket if I could.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I love jumping on a Mass Effect hate train whenever one comes my way but women do wear dresses when they wanna look all fancy. Nothing sexist about the fact that women in our society wear slutty/tight clothes for casual wear and revealing clothes for fancy wear. 

Do you see any girls in buses, schools or on the street who wear regular non-tight non-sexual clothes? I doubt it. Do you see any women in celebratory or fancy atmospheres or events not wearing revealing dresses? I doubt it.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#22  Edited By musubi

I don't get how this is "sexist" just because they want to be treated equal doesn't mean they need to throw their needs to do girly things under the bus. Every woman wants to FEEL like a woman sometimes. Women wear dresses and a good number of them like to dress up. The only way it could qualify as being "sexist" is if they used that oufit to overtly sexualize femshep so leering nerds could oogle her. It looks like a fairly conservative attire so honestly I don't see the issue.

billyhoush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By billyhoush

I hope this game has a dickgirl option or I'm calling my local congress woman.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By bybeach

I'm pretty sure the sexist thing is not wearing much at all. But you are right in that is innappropiatte,she looks like she is going to a space greaser evening party.. well maybe that's the point. Also it looks pretty ugly. 

But I think the  jacket cut to fit for both casual and war would look just as good on her, maybe more so. Nice belt say to go with it or something, even lapels.
    rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By rjayb89

Mmm, damn, girl.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Not slutty enough to interest me.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Animasta

@AhmadMetallic: that leather jacket is not fancy; they are different items of clothing for different purposes. that leather jacket is for looking badass and is definitely casual in nature, that dress can not be considered in any way casual.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#28  Edited By TheHT

@Animasta said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

you honestly think you could relax in that thing? also you missed the high heels too, which are not conductive to relaxing.

If I were using a FemShep I'd want the leather jacket too, but now you're just grasping at straws.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By CL60

@Demoskinos said:

I don't get how this is "sexist" just because they want to be treated equal doesn't mean they need to throw their needs to do girly things under the bus. Every woman wants to FEEL like a woman sometimes. Women wear dresses and a good number of them like to dress up. The only way it could qualify as being "sexist" is if they used that oufit to overtly sexualize femshep so leering nerds could oogle her. It looks like a fairly conservative attire so honestly I don't see the issue.

This is the same guy complaining that there being 2 different box arts you can flip, 1 for male Shepard, and one for female Shepard is sexist and an outrage.

So yeah...

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BraveToaster

You're a man, so why are you offended?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And of course this is the only piece of clothing BioWare allows you to wear if you're playing as a lady. In fact, why are you wearing shoes?

Another case where BioWare would've been better off giving the audience nothing. No Prothean character, no anger. No choice of casual clothes, no anger.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MiniPato

It's not even a nice looking dress or a formal military outfit or anything. It looks like she's wearing a fucking garbage bag. Give her the leather jacket.

Alkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Alkaiser

@AhmadMetallic said:

Do you see any girls in buses, schools or on the street who wear regular non-tight non-sexual clothes? I doubt it. Do you see any women in celebratory or fancy atmospheres or events not wearing revealing dresses? I doubt it.

You're kidding me, right? You've never seen a woman wearing a t-shirt and pants? What are you, James Bond?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#34  Edited By Hailinel

@Animasta said:

@AhmadMetallic: that leather jacket is not fancy; they are different items of clothing for different purposes. that leather jacket is for looking badass and is definitely casual in nature, that dress can not be considered in any way casual.

It's not casual, but I must say that it's stylish. And when FemShep isn't running around, saving the galaxy from Reapers and other assholes, who's to say she doesn't feel like being a classy lady?

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By eroticfishcake

I'm more bothered by the fact that Bioware still can't render people. They look so damn plastic it's not funny. I mean, they've managed to look Chobot even more ugly to look at and I didn't think that was possible. That is a sweet ass leather jacket though. The dress is kinda icky though. But eh, I think you're looking into this a bit to much.

Alkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Alkaiser

@Hailinel said:

@Animasta said:

It's not casual, but I must say that it's stylish. And when FemShep isn't running around, saving the galaxy from Reapers and other assholes, who's to say she doesn't feel like being a classy lady?

Nothing wrong with having both though. It'd be nice to have the option.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Animasta

@Hailinel said:

@Animasta said:

then give maleshep a tuxedo.

@BraveToaster: also I'm not a man but men are offended by this too

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#38  Edited By SlightConfuse

why is everyone over reacting to every little thing for this game. its an optional piece of clothing for pete's sake

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Alkaiser said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

You're kidding me, right? You've never seen a woman wearing a t-shirt and pants? What are you, James Bond?

Tight jeans and tight semi-revealing tops. t-shirts on a girl? aged 15+? I haven't seen one in real life (and I travel a lot everyday) in long years. Nor do I see any on the facebook of foreign girls or the random youtube videos.
    alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#40  Edited By alistercat

Whatever. Women wear dresses. They do, even in 2012. Ideally you could get both costumes for both genders, but I can't see them doing that.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Animasta

does she literally have to wear nothing but a bra for her natural combat attire before people call it sexist? christ

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BraveToaster

@Animasta said:

You were born a male. No matter how many operations you get, you'll still be a male.

Alkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Alkaiser

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Alkaiser said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

Tight jeans and tight semi-revealing tops. t-shirts on a girl? aged 15+? I haven't seen one in real life (and I travel a lot everyday) in long years. Nor do I see any on the facebook of foreign girls or the random youtube videos.

Really? So you've never met somebody's mom?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#44  Edited By musubi

@Animasta: Does she have to dress like a man for it not to be sexist?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Animasta said:

does she literally have to wear nothing but a bra for her natural combat attire before people call it sexist? christ

I was about to respond to that, but then I remembered we're talking about Mass Effect here... so what are we discussing exactly dude? This franchise is made by horny people and aimed at horny customers, Bioware has been about interactive pornography for years, their forums are filled with horny players asking for moar sex in the games.... Why is the sexist outfit a surprise? 

@Alkaiser said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Alkaiser said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

Really? So you've never met somebody's mom?

Read my original post. I said one thing about younger girls, and another about older women.
    Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Animasta

@BraveToaster said:

@Animasta said:

You were born a male. No matter how many operations you get, you'll still be a male.

well thanks for being an asshole but that still has nothing to do with the topic at hand

@AhmadMetallic: damn I can't argue with that. only that the leather jacket is radical and the dress is not.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Dallas_Raines

So you have problems with heroic women wearing dresses, but you are okay with Serah wearing a Hilton-esque outfit through her entire adventure to save TIME AND SPACE?(Or how about macho ass Lightning wearing a miniskirt in her original costume?)

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Animasta

@Dallas_Raines said:

So you have problem with heroic women wearing dresses, but you are okay with Serah wearing a Hilton-esque outfit through her entire adventure to save TIME AND SPACE?(Or how about macho ass Lightning wearing a miniskirt in her original costume?)

I never said anywhere I didn't (besides, I had more of a problem with Vanille's outfit than lightning), it's possible to like things while accepting their flaws.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Vinny_Says

@Animasta: Cool pilots who wear leather jackets take them off when they get into their F15s, just sayin....maybe Shepard just came back from a "welcome back to Earf" party when Anderson called him/her....

How many Bioware threads can the GB community make in the next 10 days? Don't dissapoint me guys!

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Dallas_Raines

Also, Male Shep looks pretty manly and sexy in that jacket with his beautiful, EXCLUSIVE model-man face, so I guess this means BioWare hates men.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.