Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Bugs that need to be fixed?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

What are they? I'm mostly talking about the stuff that affects the campaign, big or small, what do you think should be fixed? Right now, the reason I created this, was because of two small bugs that can be bothersome, though not really game breaking. One of them is the light selection for your suit bug; while things on some of the helmets (I believe) are supposed light up differently depending on what you change the color to, and some other areas of the suit, it just doesn't work, it only works on my back. Do you guys know what I'm referring to, and have you had the same problem? Another one is when I'm in cover and use one of my powers, and more often my squads powers, Shepard randomly moves to the left without my control so I often have to either get back in cover real fast 'cause he sometimes get off of it in doing so, or I'll have to quickly get back in the same position to shoot the guys I was trying to kill. Anyone else have that bug?

Another bug, though I didn't come across it in the first run, but have read about it to confirm this, is one of the fetch quests where you have to get Aria's Eclipse soldiers to help, and once you finish the side quest, it somehow doesn't actually update, so you'll never get to finish that side quest throughout that play through. There are only two other bugs that are a little bothersome, but not game breaking either, one of which is how Shepard and other characters will hover in the air in certain areas, and another where at some points in the game you'll have to start up a previous save because you can't kill an enemy or an enemy is in the way so you can't progress. Anyways, those are the only ones I've come across, or at least the ones I can think of, so not major, but if they were fixed, it'd be appreciated. What bugs have you come across, and would you like them fixed?

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By swoxx

The only bug I encountered was as a female shepard, my most of my hair disappeared in one of the rooms on the Normandy, due to it being foggy.

bishna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By bishna

An annoying one that I ran into multiple times on PC locked my movement controls in out-of-combat situations. One moment im talking to Garrus, the next I am staring at Garrus...it got awkward. Had to restart a save many a time

Also had trouble with the camera in conversations and while peaking out of cover a lot.

As well as a few crash-to-desktops.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Pinworm45

The ending.

Just getting that out of the way before someone else does.

Anyway, they REALLY need to fix the Normandy pathing, particularly near EDI. 90% of the time I went to go talk to her, I ended up getting stuck, nomatter which direction or area I approached her from. Most of these resulted in having to load a save from 30 minutes ago if I forgot to quicksave before I talked to her, so that was pretty annoying.

The most important bug that needs to be fixed is the Biotic sounds looping when playing with Drell. BWOWWRRWRWERREBWRBRBREBERBWERER the entire fucking match is rage and headache inducing. While on the subject, for all you Drell out there, hit Pull twice as fast as you can and it will fix it for the group. Or preferably, don't play Drell until it's fixed.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#5  Edited By alistercat
    • I fell through the side of the Normandy once and was running in the background.
    • You can get stuck in the cockpit unable to move.
    • Shepard's head tracking sometimes tracks the wrong thing and ends up looking away from the people he is talking to.
    • Squad members will sometimes move from their default position in a conversation and the camera is still pointed at where they were.
    • Shockwave sometimes just doesn't send enemies up in to the air when it should.

I've seen people exagerating saying this is buggier than a Bethesda game but no way. It has a few minor technical things, that's all.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NTM

Oh, and there are the ones where characters are out of frame when you talk to them, and some weird head contorts. Then there are other cover camera problems where once in cover, rarely, but still, at times the camera will go wacky and go right into the cover, or is it inside Shepard's body? Either way, it's intrusive. I've also been caught inside a door that closed on me, but that wasn't a problem 'cause it would just open once I pressed A.

bishna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bishna

@Pinworm45: You just don't get it, its part of the soundtrack! Like a synthesized didgeridoo.

HellBrendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HellBrendy

A friend lost Cortez in the air once, only to have him reappear and dissapear again.

I fell through the floor on D2 Holding in The Citadel once, but I landed right were I was.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NTM

@AlisterCat said:

• I fell through the side of the Normandy once and was running in the background.
    • You can get stuck in the cockpit unable to move.
    • Shepard's head tracking sometimes tracks the wrong thing and ends up looking away from the people he is talking to.
    • Squad members will sometimes move from their default position in a conversation and the camera is still pointed at where they were.
    • Shockwave sometimes just doesn't send enemies up in to the air when it should.

I've seen people exagerating saying this is buggier than a Bethesda game but no way. It has a few minor technical things, that's all.

I remember when he was talking to Liara early on in the game, and they were talking a little about Glyph, Shepard's head just remained to his left the whole time until the full conversation ended, while a little part Liara's head would also be to her left, it was completely awkward and takes you out of the moment.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#10  Edited By alistercat

@NTM: He's actually trying to look at Glyph, without becoming an owl. It is a minor problem that occurs once or twice throughout the game.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NTM

@AlisterCat: Yeah I know that, and I kind of didn't care too much because of that, but it still looks awkward. Also yes, I think that was the major one for me. I don't remember any other time it stood out.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Tylea002

Quests not working. The one with Kasumi was the one that broke for me, I had to replay 8 hours.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NTM

@Tylea002: What exactly happened?

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By UlquioKani
    • Some places in cover mean that I can't do damage to enemies
    • Not a bug but assign heal and activate objective to something else so that I don't go into cover trying to healing dudes
    Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Credits disappearing after Thessia, that happened to me.

Not a big deal, but I was saving up so I could upgrade the fuck out of my armory.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Grillbar

i fell though the map once cant remember where. have gotten stuck on the environment twice.and once had a huge lag while in the citidal so bad that it felt like 1 fps. had to quit the game and start it up again then it was fixed. oh and Shepard once did a exorcist while i was running. it freaked me out that i was running around to find a guy i needed to talk to the next thing his head was spinning a round and the neck followed with it.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Tylea002

@NTM: The Terminal wouldn't highlight, couldn't press it, thus I could not continue the quest. Turns out if i had not accepted another quest during this period, it would have worked, so I replayed the 8 hours of the game and did just that.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Doctorchimp

I've been stuck on the environment a lot.

After talking with EDI on the bridge Shepard will get stuck in place.

Also characters will look away occasionally.

Another thing that I haven't seen anyone else talk about is when I equip the Recon Hood and set the options to Remove Helmet in Conversations, Shepards eyes will bug out of his skull...

No Caption Provided

And he'll stay like that the entire cutscene until he changes outfits...

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#19  Edited By mike

@Doctorchimp: Hah! That is creepy dude.

I used the recon hood for most of the game along with the remove helmet during conversation option and never encountered that bug, or any others for that matter. I was playing the PC version.

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
    deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The only bug I ran into is the one where you can get perma-stuck in the environment on the Normandy's bridge, forcing me to load a save.

lockon_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#21  Edited By lockon_one

bugs and glitches i remember

• after priority: citadel 2 i got out of elevator to presidium commons and sort of "warped" me to one of the checkpoints during the mission. it looked like shepard was floating behind one of the benches or something and cant get out. needed to reload the game
    • climbing one of the ladders during the priority: cerberus my teammates froze and would not climb the ladder. feeling lazy to reload i got passed the enemies with just shepard. after i cleared the enemies i checked with my sniper and the two were still frozen. once i got to the next door or checkpoint they just suddenly appeared behind me.
    • minor but when you talk to urdnot wrex on earth he will talk to shepard and suddenly just comment to the krogan army in the middle of his line to shepard and the return to shepard. hard to explain but it looks like he in interrupting himself and confused on who to talked to. with subs it looks like urdnot wrex got confused with the script or something.
    Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Bane
    • if you complete the mission Dekunna: Code of the Ancients you can turn in Dekuuna: Elcor Extraction without actually scanning for the elcor
    • sometimes EDI will not load into the command center prior to the final push
    • sometimes you can hear James Vega say "...it may look pretty, but it's not right." as Shepard rides the light elevator to the Catalyst
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By NTM

@Grillbar: Yeah, for some reason the Citadel has the worst frame-rate throughout the game. I've never encountered that slow of a frame-rate, but it's always pretty choppy.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By N7

The one in multiplayer that takes my money and doesn't give me any items. :(

I also got stuck in the landing shuttle during the Palaven mission where I can shoot the husks from the shuttle. Shepard popped out of it and flew behind the shuttle and I couldn't move.

Sometimes his head-tracking doesn't work and it looks like he's having a stroke. He'll be talking to someone and then his head will look the opposite direction.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By NTM

@lockon_one said:

• climbing one of the ladders during the priority: cerberus my teammates froze and would not climb the ladder. feeling lazy to reload i got passed the enemies with just shepard. after i cleared the enemies i checked with my sniper and the two were still frozen. once i got to the next door or checkpoint they just suddenly appeared behind me.

I remember something similar happening to me as well, but it was on Rannoch where Tali wouldn't jump over cover to get above where she needed to go, as if she was stuck, so I just went ahead, and once I had my back to her and Liara and a conversation came between the three, she had appeared behind him. I've had this happen a few times, so I always count on the autosaves since that seems like when they'll catch up.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By TheHT

Too often am I somehow floating in the MP while the world around me bugs out. I can still kill enemies and see everything move normally.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By eroticfishcake

I've had team mates take cover behind non-existing objects. It's not very common but it doesn't quite stop bullets either...that plus I've got loads of other problems you folks seem to be having, that being head tracking during conversations to be bugged, team mates standing on top of cover, getting stuck in the cockpit of the Normandy and some graphical glitches here and there. Also quest markers not resetting or disappearing when you complete stages of a quest.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#28  Edited By hollitz

I've had the Shepard head-tracking glitch. Also had the game fail to progress after the turret sequence on the Asari home world. The lady in charge just kept yelling at me to get back on that turret, even though there were no enemies left.

Also, there was a part in the Cerberus station raid where I had to wait for EDI hack a door open, but she...got locked out of the room...behind a door that required no hacking. Maybe not a glitch, but I thought that it was funny.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Pinworm45

The ending.

Just getting that out of the way before someone else does.

Anyway, they REALLY need to fix the Normandy pathing, particularly near EDI. 90% of the time I went to go talk to her, I ended up getting stuck, nomatter which direction or area I approached her from. Most of these resulted in having to load a save from 30 minutes ago if I forgot to quicksave before I talked to her, so that was pretty annoying.

The most important bug that needs to be fixed is the Biotic sounds looping when playing with Drell. BWOWWRRWRWERREBWRBRBREBERBWERER the entire fucking match is rage and headache inducing. While on the subject, for all you Drell out there, hit Pull twice as fast as you can and it will fix it for the group. Or preferably, don't play Drell until it's fixed.

As a casual multiplayer guy trying to max out a Drell Adept, I can't agree any more. That Reave noise is fine in short bursts, but it really grates after a few minutes.
    Firethorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#30  Edited By Firethorne

My Shepard was at level 31, and somehow wound up resetting himself to level 1. Lost 4 hours of play, and I'm not bothering going back to single player until it is patched. Infuriating.

Also, not gamebreaking, but I had a conversation on the normandy where both characters had their heads looking 90 degrees to the side for the entire thing. It was either a bug or the wierdest scene direction I had ever seen.

lockon_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#31  Edited By lockon_one

maybe not a bug, but ps3 hangs during the loading screen. it happened around thrice. it only happens when i play mass effect 3, that is why i think it is a ME3 bug. my ps3 never hangs with other games in the past and the 1st time it happened i was only playing for less than an hour, so i could not say it overheated or something. good thing my saves in all games do not get corrupted when i restart my console. im not sure im the only person who experiences the same thing.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#32  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

@Swoxx said:

The only bug I encountered was as a female shepard, my most of my hair disappeared in one of the rooms on the Normandy, due to it being foggy.

Yeah its in Javik's room. I have the same issue.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Christoffer

The getting stuck bug must be fixed, it's really annoying.

Also, snapping into cover while I'm trying to run somewhere is way to easy. It's not a bug but it's so aggrevating when I go back against a wall in a totally exposed position when all I want is to get the hell away from the two banshees behind me. Maybe a minor tweak couldn't hurt.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.