Can I hold off installing the Extended Cut DLC?

#1 Posted by bibamatt (1089 posts) -

Yo Bomb boys and girls. So I'm finally gonna pick up ME3. It took me two years to polish off ME2 for some stupid reason, but I'm ready to finish the fight. Like Brad, I'm gonna go in with DLC installed and play it as a part of the main game. However, as an owner of a lowly 60gb HDD, I'm concerned about the extended cut (2gb), all those free multiplayer packs (they look like 200mb ish each and there seems to be a few of them...) and the regular DLC just all clogging up my HDD space. I haven't got much free and I'd ideally like to install the discs too. ME2 fucked me because it wouldn't let me delete DLC before finishing the game, even if I'd played it already. So I was stuck with nearly 10gbs of DLC clogging up my HDD for all that time. So MY QUESTION. Can I hold off installing the Extended Cut until I near the end? I'm hoping to take my time with this and don't want that 2gb DLC just sat on my HDD for weeks/months while it's not doing anything. If possible, I'd like to download it as I'm approaching the end and then get rid. Is this possible? Will it change anything earlier on?

Also, as far as DLC goes... We're saying that Omega isn't worth it, right? Just From Ashes and Leviathan?

#2 Posted by familyphotoshoot (654 posts) -

Dunno how to answer this without being too spoilery, but here goes. Towards the end of the game you'll get a mission involving Cerberus that should be pretty evident as a point of no return. I'd install it then.

#3 Posted by bibamatt (1089 posts) -
@familyphotoshoot Sweet, that's exactly what I needed! It's got absolutely no content before the end, then? It's a big-ass download!
#4 Posted by Encephalon (1283 posts) -

@bibamatt said:

It's got absolutely no content before the end, then? It's a big-ass download!

Yep. Everything that EC adds takes place after the point of no return. So hold off installing it without fear.

#5 Posted by living4theday258 (679 posts) -

@bibamatt said:

@familyphotoshoot Sweet, that's exactly what I needed! It's got absolutely no content before the end, then? It's a big-ass download!

no it has no content aside from "fixing" the end. trust me you want it. It makes the ending 10 times better though its still a bit of a bummer.

#6 Posted by Artso (76 posts) -

@living4theday258 said:

@bibamatt said:

no it has no content aside from "fixing" the end. trust me you want it. It makes the ending 10 times better though its still a bit of a bummer.

I wouldn't say ten times better. Sure it does explain more stuff but it is the same ending. I would download it since it does add some stuff anyway.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.