Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Careful, Internet Users--Mass Effect 3 Leaking All Over the Place

• 194 results
    andriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By andriv

I get less and less excited for this game the more I see of it

me3 media block out until the reviews come out for me.

If mp has any meaningful effect on how the single player experience goes I will skip it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@Crushed

I've read the story spoilers, including the final choice and basic gists of the ending cutscenes.

...I really hope they change it, because it reads like fan-fiction level of bad. Really hackneyed.

At some level, all video game writing is hackneyed... Are we talking bad in the 'how could you possibly think anyone would accept this?' way, or bad in the 'that's the most obvious thing you could've done' way?
    UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By UnrealDP

Man, action mode sounds like a pretty interesting idea, but the idea of Mass effect without dialogue choice sounds miserable...

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Nottle

People play Mass Effect for the combat?

dragonzord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#105  Edited By dragonzord

@Brodehouse said:

@Crushed

I've read the story spoilers, including the final choice and basic gists of the ending cutscenes.

...I really hope they change it, because it reads like fan-fiction level of bad. Really hackneyed.

At some level, all video game writing is hackneyed... Are we talking bad in the 'how could you possibly think anyone would accept this?' way, or bad in the 'that's the most obvious thing you could've done' way?

From the makers of

[img]http://images.wikia.com/dragonage/images/c/c6/BioWare%27s_take_on_Dead_Characters_coming_back_alive...jpg[/img]

VIGGO123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#106  Edited By VIGGO123

I am now officially going on a ME3 blackout until release. I got ME2 ruined by spoilers one week before release, won't let it happen again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
    deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@UnrealDP said:

Man, action mode sounds like a pretty interesting idea, but the idea of Mass effect without dialogue choice sounds miserable...

Might as well call it ganja mode. Only potheads with zero attention span would actually play like that.
    ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By ervonymous

I got some on my shirt, it's pretty rancid.

deadmanforking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By deadmanforking

I will now turn my, "Block every single Mass Effect 3 related story/form thread ect..."

Nomin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 9

#111  Edited By Nomin

Action mode now frees up BOTH hands for players in anticipation of their dalliances with Tali. All deep thoughts by Bioware, sympatico with their most fervent Talibans.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#112  Edited By Ghostiet

Alright, if anything I read from the leak is true, this game is two stars.

Jesus, I can't wait for March to verify this crap.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#113  Edited By Milkman

That "mode" stuff actually sounds kind of cool.

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#114  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ

@Death_Unicorn said:

Lol action mode.

Just in case you get bored of not playing CoD.

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Three0neFive
    @Anwar said:

@zoner said:

@nmarchan said:

Yeah it's totally awesome that a developer/publisher has veto power over what an independent gaming forum talks about.

And no journalists will say anything about it because they don't want to lose those cushy events and review copies. Don't worry though, we'll get an article about people being upset about reviews.

Let Patrick prove you wrong, c'mon Patrick. You can do it...

Never gonna happen. Patrick's a pretty respectable guy - especially in this line of work, where it's hard to find someone who doesn't just regurgitate press releases and call it news - but there's no way he'd jeopardize all of Giant Bomb's future coverage over something like this. And I honestly can't blame him.
    RoyCampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#116  Edited By RoyCampbell

Stumbled upon the ending.

FUCK

TheYear20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#118  Edited By TheYear20XX

Wait wait, let me get out my Jump to Conclusions mat.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By iamjohn

@zoner said:

@Brodehouse said:

@Crushed

From the makers of

[img]http://images.wikia.com/dragonage/images/c/c6/BioWare%27s_take_on_Dead_Characters_coming_back_alive...jpg[/img]

Wow, that's fucking insane.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f80be8681c07
    deactivated-5f80be8681c07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Three0neFive said:

@Anwar said:
    Never gonna happen. Patrick's a pretty respectable guy - especially in this line of work, where it's hard to find someone who doesn't just regurgitate press releases and call it news - but there's no way he'd jeopardize all of Giant Bomb's future coverage over something like this. And I honestly can't blame him.

Over what exactly? over reporting how a videogame company seems to feel they have the right to tell people what they should or shouldn't discuss? NEOGAF didn't hack or steal anything, they just reposted information available elsewhere, the same way you can find information about any other videogame and you could post it here without having to worry about a legal team coming for you. Hell, when it was MW3 spoilers Kotaku was pretty eager to post them in their webpage and Giantbomb reported it. I don't see how it is any different in this case.

I can blame him if he is all about the "news" but is worried more about pissing off EA over this than mentioning the issue, which is clearly pretty despicable and goes against freedom of speech for as petty as the subject matter can be.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#122  Edited By AndrewB

I remember when, at the beginning of the EA/Bioware merger, there was that immediate period where you felt like that was the end of Bioware as a developer. Quality would suffer as games were shoved out the door and visions were replaced with dollar symbols (hyperbole!).

Then they pushed out games such as Mass Effect, Sonic Chronicles, and Dragon Age, and while a couple of those were in development for much longer than this merger, they turned out to be amazing games (at least DA:O and ME, but I still think that Dark Brotherhood is good for what it is).Then there was Mass Effect 2, definitely developed after the merger, and it turned out to be pretty much genre-defining in its quality.

Then we get Dragon Age 2, we see the direction with SWTOR (sweater), and the odd things coming out of Mass Effect 3.

I recently changed my stance on movies/TV shows where I had this revelation that once something I used to like ceased to be fun to watch because it was on its fourth iteration or season and things were beyond stale, I could, in fact, stop watching it. There was no force holding me there to observe the further exploits of a dead cast of characters and essentially waste my time (ironic considering the couple of minutes I'm wasting just typing this).

That stance has carried over to video games. I couldn't continue on in Dragon Age 2 because it was a completely different game from its predecessor and it didn't appeal to me. I loved Modern Warfare, but when it reached critical mass and the sequel was pumped out solely as a money-making endeavor, it soured me. I worry so much that Mass Effect 3 will hit me the same way, because it's no longer a vision: it's a matter of tossing everything against a wall in an attempt to cash in on every possible gamer. Once I see it as such, I want to run the other direction for fear of rewarding such behavior. Unfortunately, I'm so close to alone in this endeavor that my stand is meaningless against the millions more this game will sell.

But then, Bioware is a different company. Bioware is actually many, many other companies now. I guess it makes sense that things are different.

Menghus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Menghus

As long as RPG mode retains what we enjoyed in previous Mass Effect games, they can add twenty more different modes if they wish.

WrenchNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#124  Edited By WrenchNinja

@Anwar said:

@zoner said:

@nmarchan said:

Yeah it's totally awesome that a developer/publisher has veto power over what an independent gaming forum talks about.

And no journalists will say anything about it because they don't want to lose those cushy events and review copies. Don't worry though, we'll get an article about people being upset about reviews.

Let Patrick prove you wrong, c'mon Patrick. You can do it...

Man, I hope Patrick writes something about it. This is some straight up bullshit EA/Bioware is pulling.

phrali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By phrali

i might actually play this if i can skip the dialogue. i never played more than an hour or two of the first two because holy crap those people never shut the fuck up and you can't skip the stupid cutscenes.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@phrali said:

i might actually play this if i can skip the dialogue. i never played more than an hour or two of the first two because holy crap those people never shut the fuck up and you can't skip the stupid cutscenes.

You can.

chadster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#127  Edited By chadster

The wrath of the Bioware doctors on this day shall be glorious.

Somewhere at Bioware, something is on fire right now.

elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#128  Edited By elko84

@phrali said:

why skip the best part?

Otrebor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#129  Edited By Otrebor

So you control The Reapers at the end of Mass Effect 3 to fight against them. Big whoop.

wsowen02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#130  Edited By wsowen02

You guys just wait. Next year EA will put out some stats that show that 70% of players played the action mode. They will use that as justification to further dilute the RPG elements in future games until they are gone for good.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#131  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Ok, I made the mistake of seeing some of those spoilers. They sound bad. Like... face-palmingly idiotic. Listen, I realize all that stuff about player choice is actually bullshit and always has been, but at least try to pretend it matters instead of offering the player an upraised middle finger to whatever they decided in the last game.

In any case, I'm going to have to find out for myself, and if it ends the way I hope it doesn't, I may have to rescind my status as a fan of Bioware.

Xeirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Xeirus

@AndrewB said:

I remember when, at the beginning of the EA/Bioware merger, there was that immediate period where you felt like that was the end of Bioware as a developer. Quality would suffer as games were shoved out the door and visions were replaced with dollar symbols (hyperbole!).

Then they pushed out games such as Mass Effect, Sonic Chronicles, and Dragon Age, and while a couple of those were in development for much longer than this merger, they turned out to be amazing games (at least DA:O and ME, but I still think that Dark Brotherhood is good for what it is).Then there was Mass Effect 2, definitely developed after the merger, and it turned out to be pretty much genre-defining in its quality.

Then we get Dragon Age 2, we see the direction with SWTOR (sweater), and the odd things coming out of Mass Effect 3.

I recently changed my stance on movies/TV shows where I had this revelation that once something I used to like ceased to be fun to watch because it was on its fourth iteration or season and things were beyond stale, I could, in fact, stop watching it. There was no force holding me there to observe the further exploits of a dead cast of characters and essentially waste my time (ironic considering the couple of minutes I'm wasting just typing this).

That stance has carried over to video games. I couldn't continue on in Dragon Age 2 because it was a completely different game from its predecessor and it didn't appeal to me. I loved Modern Warfare, but when it reached critical mass and the sequel was pumped out solely as a money-making endeavor, it soured me. I worry so much that Mass Effect 3 will hit me the same way, because it's no longer a vision: it's a matter of tossing everything against a wall in an attempt to cash in on every possible gamer. Once I see it as such, I want to run the other direction for fear of rewarding such behavior. Unfortunately, I'm so close to alone in this endeavor that my stand is meaningless against the millions more this game will sell.

But then, Bioware is a different company. Bioware is actually many, many other companies now. I guess it makes sense that things are different.

Dragon Age 2 was the only game from them I hated with every fiber of my body. I played that game for 10 mins and uninstalled, complete and utter pile of shit.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#133  Edited By BoG
    Please, do NOT post untagged spoilers in this topic. 
    deerokus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By deerokus

@phrali: You can do that, but I'm not sure why you would. The plot, characters, dialogue choices, moral choices, world etc are the reasons to play the game, not the shooter gameplay, which is merely competent enough to build everything onto. That's why this supposed 'Action Mode' baffles me completely. I guess EA want a big third person shooter, so this turns ME into that?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#135  Edited By Tennmuerti

@ArbitraryWater said:

Ok, I made the mistake of seeing some of those spoilers. They sound bad. Like... face-palmingly idiotic. Listen, I realize all that stuff about player choice is actually bullshit and always has been, but at least try to pretend it matters instead of offering the player an upraised middle finger to whatever they decided in the last game.

You know what's funny?

I made some posts after ME2 came out ago predicting Bioware will do exactly that. That all your choices and save imports are kind of meaningless, and that I would not be surprised if the same happened in ME3. People didn't listen.

Oh this is so delicious.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yum

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#136  Edited By AndrewB

@Tennmuerti said:

@ArbitraryWater said:

You know what's funny?

I made some posts after ME2 came out ago predicting Bioware will do exactly that. That all your choices and save imports are kind of meaningless, and that I would not be surprised if the same happened in ME3. People didn't listen.

Oh this is so delicious.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yum

I think everyone is excited for that one day where people capitalize on the advantage that video games have over movies: the ability for the player to weave their own story. They want to believe. Bioware seemed to come the closest to that dream.

siln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By siln

Oh hey, that's cool, MS. Because I can just stay off the internet for five months or so. No big.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AndrewB: That requires the developer to plan for every and all possible ideas the player could ever come up with.  I run tabletop games, and you can't plan for everything.  You can't create original scenarios for every possibility under the sun, or you've developed 80 hours of content that gets played through in 50 minutes.  You build a few paths, you give some direction towards them, you improvise, you let the players explore and hope they discover some of them on their own initiative (most of the time, they won't), but they're still dependent on you.  And that's tabletop games, video games can't compare just by nature of the medium.
    wsowen02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By wsowen02

@ArbitraryWater said:

In any case, I'm going to have to find out for myself, and if it ends the way I hope it doesn't, I may have to rescind my status as a fan of Bioware.

Are they "Oh come on, did you even think about it for a minute before you did that?" or like "well they had kind of painted themselves into a corner so a retcon was probably the only option" sorts of things?

Hope that sentence was coherent.

prestonhedges

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By prestonhedges

@elko84 said:

@phrali said:

why skip the best part?

the best part should be the game play

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#141  Edited By Winternet

Pat, my boy, you're onto something.

ShinjiEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#142  Edited By ShinjiEx

Should have been released this Tuesday just saiyan

Clinkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Clinkz

Everyone who says "Who would play action mode? durrrrrr" needs to actually think instead assume. I for one, would love action mode AFTER I've beaten the game the first time. This allows me to skip all the needless conversations that I've already played through. This is assuming of course that I even buy this game.

Slaneesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Slaneesh

@Clinkz said:

Everyone who says "Who would play action mode? durrrrrr" needs to actually think instead assume. I for one, would love action mode AFTER I've beaten the game the first time. This allows me to skip all the needless conversations that I've already played through. This is assuming of course that I even buy this game.

ofcourse youll buy the game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wsowen02 said:

@ArbitraryWater said:

Are they "Oh come on, did you even think about it for a minute before you did that?" or like "well they had kind of painted themselves into a corner so a retcon was probably the only option" sorts of things?

I read them.  Probably 80% of them are pretty predictable, one of them is kind of a bummer, but only one of them is a complete ass pull.  Most of them are just 'oh, well, okay' but one of them is kind of fucked up.  Then again, the game will probably explain itself so it might seem okay.  Most of them you could predict if you've ever played a video game before.
    DoubleKR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By DoubleKR

@gladspooky said:

@elko84 said:

@phrali said:

why skip the best part?

the best part should be the game play

Exactly. These new ideas are suppose to streamline game play and cater to gamers, not RPG players. Why should we hate that they want to bring this game and experience to many more? Also this is a game about choices, this is just another choice.

Change is not always bad it brings innovation, and if it does fail (which it won't) the next thing will be ten times better.

wsowen02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By wsowen02

@Brodehouse said:

@wsowen02 said:

@ArbitraryWater said:

I read them. Probably 80% of them are pretty predictable, one of them is kind of a bummer, but only one of them is a complete ass pull. Most of them are just 'oh, well, okay' but one of them is kind of fucked up. Then again, the game will probably explain itself so it might seem okay. Most of them you could predict if you've ever played a video game before.

I can deal with that. Especially if the ass pull is about the Reapers. I've been preparing myself for a deus ex machina regarding the Reapers since day 1. My bigger concern is characters. I won't be happy if they pull a "Anders and Zevran are totally alive and well in DA2 even though you WATCHED THEM DIE in the last game."

deerokus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By deerokus

@Clinkz: Again, though, the only reason I can think of to play through is to experience different ways the story can play out.

Colonel_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Colonel_Fury

So I'll continue my "I CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALALALALALALALALA" approach to Mass Effect 3, that I've had since it was announced.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By xyzygy

I'm beginning to think that maybe this leak was good. Then we wouldn't all be so let down when the game finally does come out... because we will already know how terribly they handled the story.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.