Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Casual as Ace of Spades

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Aurelito

I'm surprised that people here even like this game. I expected more class from you guys (seeing as P4 is your favorite game). This whole series is a terrible fiasco for RPG gaming. It doesn't follow any ruleset, it is intentionally unbalanced to help casual players, and it lacks the simplest characteristics of a proper role-playing game. Why do you even like this game?

And don't think for one minute that I'm trolling. I'm an honest ME-hater.

Avatar image for extreme_popcorn
    Extreme_Popcorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Extreme_Popcorn

Good for you friend, I'm really glad you went to all the trouble of starting this thread. Keep up the good work pal :)

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Ravenlight

What does your thread title mean? I had expected better from you (seeing as your avatar is KFC Hitler). This thread is a terrible fiasco for comprehension and is intentionally biased against non-native-English speakers. Why did you bother to post?

I am totally trolling and don't think for one minute that I have any meaningful input. I honestly hate you.

Lemmy is definitely not casual.
    Lemmy is definitely not casual.
    Avatar image for deactivated-630b11c195a3b
    deactivated-630b11c195a3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

You've shown me the sign... and it opened up my eyes when I saw the sign.

And by that I mean I totally disagree with everything you have said.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GunslingerPanda

FOLLOWED.

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Aurelito

Laugh it up guys. Play it cool, as if you're not a casual and you are not offended.

Mass Effect fans, how many REAL role-playing games have you played? And by "real" I don't mean Skyrim (hahaha oh wow.jpg), I mean a real, classy, hardcore RPG.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By napalm

You're late to the party. The trolls went to ground as soon as Mass Effect 3 released. Also, flagged because there is no discussion here and obvious troll is obvious.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CptBedlam

@Aurelito: Reading through the forums it seems not everyone is satisfied with ME3. But most gamers (and reviewers) are blinded by the presentation, unfortunately.

GeneralZod37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By GeneralZod37

Le sigh. I honestly thought you were being serious about not being a troll, and went about asking a question in a very Phil Fish sort of way. I was wrong. I'm not gonna feed you, nor answer your 3 riddles.

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By stinky

@Aurelito said:

Laugh it up guys. Play it cool, as if you're not a casual and you are not offended.

Mass Effect fans, how many REAL role-playing games have you played? And by "real" I don't mean Skyrim (hahaha oh wow.jpg), I mean a real, classy, hardcore RPG.

played D&D with pencil and paper and like ME3 so far.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Mass Effect was barely an RPG in the first place, though. I'm almost positive no one is playing it to scratch the RPG itch, and it wouldn't be the first thing I'd call it when it came to genre. It's a third person shooter with skills on a cooldown, dialogue options, and leveling up. That's all. Not a bad game, but if someone was looking to call it a good RPG you should probably slap them.

Liber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Liber

@Aurelito said:

ME3 is a third person shooter.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MikkaQ

@Aurelito said:

You say sentences like this and claim not to be trolling? That's bush league trolling right there. Try harder.

Also strange that you talk at the community like we've reached census on game taste. Persona 4 isn't "our" favorite game. It certainly has sentimental value to some of us though.

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CaptainObvious

I'm too damn lazy to be bothered with REAL role-playing game.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By mosdl

I am casual as a Queen of Hearts!

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By MEATBALL

Describing anyone as casual is a good way to have people immediately disregard anything you have to say. Which would be a shame, but you haven't really written anything worthwhile anyway.

Avatar image for belligerentengine
    BelligerentEngine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Persona 4 is a good game, but I don't really see how it is highly complex from a systems standpoint. Other than that the social link portion of the game, when compared to other games with player/npc relationships, is pretty deep.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

Anyone who thinks Persona 4 is somehow less casual than Mass Effect probably shouldn't be listened to by anyone.

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Aurelito

@LordXavierBritish said:

Anyone who thinks Persona 4 is somehow less casual than Mass Effect probably shouldn't be listened to by anyone.

I just hope you're trolling.

LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Aurelito said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

I don't know what's sadder, the fact that you think Persona 4 is a "real role playing game" while Skyrim isn't or the fact that you think Persona 4's auto-pilot combat isn't casual as fuck.

P4 is great, but it's the retarded step child of SMT when it comes to combat.
    Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By Justin258
    No Caption Provided

1) It doesn't lack the simplest characteristics of a role playing game. It includes choice, allowing you to play the role you want to. Even in the more RPG-centric first game, the mechanics were more centered around your skill with a weapon than with the numbers you had grinded your way up to.

2) Persona 4 is not my favorite game. I haven't even played Persona 4. I don't want to. No interest. Yes, I've seen bits of the ER and I still don't care to see any more or it.

3) Ruleset? Did you think this was a DnD based combat system? No! RPG's have long since grown into something away from tabletop RPG's. Deal with it.

4) Fuck you, I can enjoy whatever I want to.

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Aurelito

@LordXavierBritish said:

@Aurelito said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

I don't know what's sadder, the fact that you think Persona 4 is a "real role playing game" while Skyrim isn't or the fact that you think Persona 4's auto-pilot combat isn't casual as fuck. P4 is great, but it's the retarded step child of SMT when it comes to combat.

FF XII is also casual as fuck, but compared to other games, it's miles away from being easy. And X-2 is baby stuff compared to pre-X, but in a sense, it's still much harder than other games. However, Mass Effect is both absolutely and relatively casual.

3) Ruleset? Did you think this was a DnD based combat system? No! RPG's have long since grown into something away from tabletop RPG's. Deal with it.

Yes, but some of them have grown into hairy cell leukemia.

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By VoshiNova

This thread has made me feel a various amount of emotion.

HOWEVER

I think I fucking hate you.

and I AM trolling.

LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Aurelito said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

@Aurelito said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

I don't know what's sadder, the fact that you think Persona 4 is a "real role playing game" while Skyrim isn't or the fact that you think Persona 4's auto-pilot combat isn't casual as fuck. P4 is great, but it's the retarded step child of SMT when it comes to combat.

FF XII is also casual as fuck, but compared to other games, it's miles away from being easy. However, Mass Effect is both absolutely and relatively casual.

The fact that the only RPGs you have referenced are JRPGs from the last 6 years leads me to believe you should stop before you say something you regret.
    Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Aurelito

@LordXavierBritish said:

@Aurelito said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

@Aurelito said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

FF XII is also casual as fuck, but compared to other games, it's miles away from being easy. However, Mass Effect is both absolutely and relatively casual.

The fact that they only RPGs you have referenced are JRPGs from the last 6 years leads me to believe you should stop before you say something you regret.

Sorry m'lord. I'm only eighteen.

drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#26  Edited By drac96

@Aurelito said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

@Aurelito said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

@Aurelito said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

The fact that they only RPGs you have referenced are JRPGs from the last 6 years leads me to believe you should stop before you say something you regret.

So? You haven't played games from before 6 years ago?

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Aurelito

@drac96 said:

@Aurelito said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

@Aurelito said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

@Aurelito said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

So? You haven't played games from before 6 years ago?

I've played plenty of games from early 2000s, including Icewind Dale and Diablo II.

Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Tiwi

Man... I really got to say these forums are slowly turning to shit...

@Aurelito: You are crazy. Simplicity and style has it's place in the RPG world. In the same way Persona 4 has a fucking shitty and shallow combat system compared to many other Jrpgs, as a result they tend to focus on the story aspect to counteract that. Guess what, ME has that too, only it's a setting you don't like, and you're allowed to not like it. I don't like the ME setting, but I really like the Dragon age setting. It's about personal taste.

also have this:

matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By matthias2437

@Aurelito said:

I have played every Bioware RPG. Almost every Infinity Engine game (you might not know what that is). Oh and EVERY persona game is a piece of shit. Not real RPGs.

Avatar image for james_giant_peach
    James_Giant_Peach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your problem is thinking that ME3 is an RPG.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#31  Edited By big_jon

@Aurelito: Go fuck yourself.

All your stupid generalizing and pretentious bullshit are annoying me, this thread is flame bait, I will now report it.

Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Tiwi

@LordXavierBritish said:

@Aurelito said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

God damn those SMT games... *chokes* I want to strangle the person who came up with the battlesystem in "SMT: if..."

You literally have to kill yourself to level, It's the dumbest shit ever. Though the dialogue with the different monsters in that game is pretty great, as for most of the original SMT games.

Avatar image for belligerentengine
    BelligerentEngine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@James_Giant_Peach said:

Your problem is thinking that ME3 is an RPG.

Your problem is thinking that game genres mean anything.

Jefflarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jefflarz

@Aurelito said:

Yes, but some of them have grown into hairy cell leukemia.

You mean they're rare and very easy to manage in comparison to similar cases?

I mean good pull on the obscure scary sounding ailment, but you should at least know a thing or two about it before referencing it!

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MikkaQ

So there you go. Someone who was 4 years old when Baldur's Gate came out is complaining about "casual" RPGs.

Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Tiwi

@matthias2437 said:

@Aurelito said:

I have played every Bioware RPG. Almost every Infinity Engine game (you might not know what that is). Oh and EVERY persona game is a piece of shit. Not real RPGs.

WOW, that's an absolute statement... You're gonna come here and say that persona 2: innocent sin doesn't have the craziest last boss for an Rpg ever? You really don't feel like killing Hitler?

You nazi!

doobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By doobie

wow dude. i just wish i was as hardcore as you. i just play games for fun and stuff but you are like a pro gamer and stuff.

on a scale of 1 to 10 just how HARDCORE are you. im guess 11/10 as you just sound so fucking hardcore

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#38  Edited By trace

Well, clearly this thread wasn't ever going anywhere worthwhile.

Best not to feed the trolls, ladies and gentlemen.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.