Choices you're interested to see the results of? (ME2 spoilers)

#1 Edited by Encephalon (1174 posts) -

So I just finished a Renegade run of ME2, and I was thinking about some of the questionable choices I made and how they will (or won't) affect ME3. Some examples:

• Sold Legion to the Illusive Man
  • Gave the Collector Base to the Illusive Man
  • Advised the Quarians to take back Rannoch
  • Left Clan Urdnot under traditionalist rule, in Wrex's absence
  • Traded in Samara for her crazy sex-vampire daughter
  • Told Conrad Verner to get lost, thereby emboldening him even further

As I see it, there are two major political stand-offs that SHepard will have to resolve in ME3: the Genophage and the Geth. The Genopage places the Salarians (and possibly Turians) at odds with the Krogan, and the Geth are in some measure opposed to the Quarians. I imagine it will be difficult to appease both sides of these two issues, so you may have to sacrifice relations with one to appease the other. I'm curious to see how the Asari fit in, though.

My FemSHep is firmly pro-Genophage, so I'm pretty tight with the Salarians. Plus I totally murdered Wrex. So there's that. As far as the Geth go, I sold Legion, so my diplomatic access to the Geth may be forever lost. However, if the Quarians took my advice and hurled themselves against the Geth, I'm not sure in what state the Migrant Fleet will be in by the end of ME3.

Somehow I doubt I'm on track to having every race think I'm a nice lady. I fear the Normandy may be taking back Earth all by its lonesome. Well, at least I have my other playthrough... What about you guys? What choices have you made up to this point, and where do you think they'll land you in ME3?

#2 Edited by WilltheMagicAsian (1543 posts) -

Man, I only played through it once when it was first released and I haven't played it since. I hardly remember any of the choices I made besides being full paragon and getting the perfect ending. I'll just be presently surprised I guess.

#3 Posted by ThatFrood (3360 posts) -

I'm interested in seeing if my choices have results.

#4 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

Damn, I played full Paragon through all my playthroughs. I want to see what results from saving and releasing the Rachni queen does in ME3

#5 Posted by Lagaroth (169 posts) -

I was hoping my Renegade could become a Cerberus posterboy with how much I helped them in two... but that isn't happening. = (

Also curious about the wiping/destroying the Geth, saving/killing Rachni Queen.

#6 Posted by Zippedbinders (980 posts) -

@ThatFrood said:

I'm interested in seeing if my choices have results.

Pretty much this. ME2's most notable acknowledgement of ME1 was whether or not Wrex was sitting in a chair.

#7 Posted by SuperWristBands (2265 posts) -
#8 Posted by Schatzy23 (158 posts) -

@Encephalon: Wait, you killed Wrex. I couldn't even bring myself to do that goin full Renegade in both ME1 and ME2.

#9 Posted by Encephalon (1174 posts) -

@Schatzy23: Femshep held a private service for Wrex afterward on Tuchanka. Only the Normandy's crew was in attendance. Shepard said a few words for him, then shed a single tear. A shotgun lies at the foot of his grave.

#10 Posted by Vinny_Says (5630 posts) -

I really wanna know if the normandy will have a cerberus logo instead on an n7 if you chose that path....thats the real question

#11 Posted by Hailinel (22704 posts) -

I predict that they'd Dragon Age II the player choices into oblivion.

#12 Posted by Soapy86 (2597 posts) -

I read a bunch of the story stuff that leaked a while back, and let's just say my Shepard is prepared to read a bunch of emails. :/

#13 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -

I am still going through a second play through of ME2 because I am very curious about this. My plan currently is to have every single member of my team die in the mission, but still have Shepard live of course. I am not even sure if it is possible to have everyone die but I guess I will find out soon enough. I hope Grunt enjoys his trek through the tunnels and someone with piss-poor biotics tries to protect me inside the crazy locust area thing. 

I was pretty underwhelmed with my actions from the first game being almost nonexistent in the second, I really hope that isn't the case here as well.

#14 Posted by Schatzy23 (158 posts) -

@Encephalon: Did you tell the Krogans where he was buried? Is the grave marked?

#15 Posted by Bocam (3551 posts) -

I'm wondering how they'll handle the fact that a lot of my crew mates died on the suicide mission.

#16 Edited by Lagaroth (169 posts) -

@Vinny_Says said:

I really wanna know if the normandy will have a cerberus logo instead on an n7 if you chose that path....thats the real question

Cerberus is one of the main enemies, they have said as much. (I think, don't have the quote on hand.) So no, you can't work for/with Cerberus as far as I know.

Edit, from the Mass Effect Wiki

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Cerberus#Mass_Effect_3 (Spoilers I guess.)

#17 Posted by easthill (351 posts) -

E-mails. Sent to the Normandy.

I'm dissapoint.

Peace, Illusive Man.

#18 Edited by Aetheldod (3335 posts) -

@Zenaxzd said:

I am still going through a second play through of ME2 because I am very curious about this. My plan currently is to have every single member of my team die in the mission, but still have Shepard live of course. I am not even sure if it is possible to have everyone die but I guess I will find out soon enough. I hope Grunt enjoys his trek through the tunnels and someone with piss-poor biotics tries to protect me inside the crazy locust area thing. I was pretty underwhelmed with my actions from the first game being almost nonexistent in the second, I really hope that isn't the case here as well.

With my Renegade pro human Adept Shepard I managed to kill all aliens at the final mission , and all the humans survived :3 , its cool when things work out like that.

As for the OP .... I dunno D: I wanna see all the results , but I dont remember most of them by now :( ... the one I remember most was the Rachni queen and to see if I didnt messed up with having her killed ... and to see if my Shep is still Grunt´s Battlemaster ... or if Liara becomes uberobsesd in becoming (you know who) and in the process leaving my Shep forever alone T_T

#19 Posted by Vinny_Says (5630 posts) -
@Lagaroth

@Vinny_Says said:

Cerberus is one of the main enemies, they have said as much. (I think, don't have the quote on hand.) So no, you can't work for/with Cerberus as far as I know.

Then I wanna know what happens between both games where I no longer work for them...
#20 Posted by Phatmac (5686 posts) -

I'm going to join Wrex and kill anything that stands in our way... except maybe Mordin. Shit son, it may come down to that.

#21 Posted by UnrealDP (1217 posts) -

@Lagaroth said:

@Vinny_Says said:

Wait, so giving the Illusive man that Collector ship was literally handing the enemy a super weapon? Guys, I've gotta go replay Mass Effect 2 real quick, brb.

#22 Posted by LiquidSaiyan3 (457 posts) -

@Zenaxzd said:

My plan currently is to have every single member of my team die in the mission, but still have Shepard live of course. I am not even sure if it is possible to have everyone die but I guess I will find out soon enough.

In case you really want to find out yourself, I'll spoiler tag this, but...

I'm almost certain you need at least one, if not two squad mates to survive to help lift you onto the Normandy at the very end.
#23 Posted by Tomkang (251 posts) -
  • Keeping the Geth intact or destroying them
  • Telling the quarians to fight the reapers or the geth
  • Saving or destroying the collector base (Cerberus should come back with collector enhanced gear if it was saved imo)
  • How the story changes with certain people dead
  • Romance from ME1 finds you cheated or were faithful
#24 Edited by Entreri10 (83 posts) -

Two of the choices I'm most interested in seeing played out is the Rachni from ME1 and the Quarian Homeworld dilemma from ME2.

#25 Posted by Balex1908 (142 posts) -

I had the best ending with everyone surviving, but I cant remember most of my decisions. This could be spoilers, but after reading some of the leaked information, you should not have too high hopes about how they handled all that stuff.

#26 Posted by Arker101 (1474 posts) -

I want to find out that those spoilers from a while ago aren't true. That's all I care about.

#27 Posted by Rayeth (1000 posts) -

I predict everyone in this thread hoping for any resolution to points from ME1 or ME2 will be disappointed, but that everyone here will still buy the game anyway.

#28 Posted by titan04 (12 posts) -

@Zenaxzd said:

I am still going through a second play through of ME2 because I am very curious about this. My plan currently is to have every single member of my team die in the mission, but still have Shepard live of course. I am not even sure if it is possible to have everyone die but I guess I will find out soon enough. I hope Grunt enjoys his trek through the tunnels and someone with piss-poor biotics tries to protect me inside the crazy locust area thing. I was pretty underwhelmed with my actions from the first game being almost nonexistent in the second, I really hope that isn't the case here as well.

You need at least one member alive to pull you up into the ship at the end or shepard dies. Look at it this way, how do you expect joker to grab you and pull you up into the ship?

#29 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

I just want Thanes story to be resolved, as he had cancer and only so long to live in 2.

#30 Posted by konig_kei (575 posts) -

I wanna see some Of those prawn things you save in me1 eat some cerberus and Mordin solus in a cutscene performing a reenactment of whatever happens at the end of me3. Also a musical would be preferable.

#31 Posted by HaltIamReptar (2028 posts) -

Your choices meant jack shit from Mass Effect 1 to 2. Why do you believe they'll be any different here?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.