Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Concerned about EA's influence

Heimdal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Heimdal

From playing through the demo to watching some of the awful ads on TV, I'm getting a weird sense that EA may have meddled a little too much. Call me old school, but multiplayer, an all action no narrative mode, and an all narrative no action mode have no place in my super awesome sci-fi RPG-shooter hybrid. Mass Effect 1 was an incredible experience. Mass Effect 2 took everything that was great about it's predecessor, streamlined it and made it better. Mass Effect 3 looks a little too bro? I don't know. I've been a huge Bioware supporter, but Mass Effect 3 is no longer a day-one purchase for me.

defaultprophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By defaultprophet

So things you have no intention of using and aren't even required for the best ending or achievements is keeping you away from buying this game?

Wut

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Pinworm45

Too bro? What does that even mean? Because the story is about action? Well, considering the first game was about a reaper trying to start an invasion, and the second game ended with the reapers coming to invade.. what do you want? Them to be like "lol nvm we coo"? Anyway EA had the exact same amount of influence with ME2. I don't know why you're complaining about the Action Mode and the Story mode. You said you want neither.. and guess what.. there's a third option.. that includes neither. It includes the same tight gameplay of ME2 with a more advanced skill system.

Also, the multiplayer is great, and if you don't like it, you don't have to play it.

And you're still going to purchase it day 1.

dabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By dabe

@DefaultProphet: Stretching themselves to incorporate all these extras may be of detriment to the initial single-player experience. Plus Bioware has like 4 offices now...

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Sooty

@JantShira said:

Call me old school

No Caption Provided
    Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By Dagbiker

Me1 rocked, me2 sucked.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Stop your whining and wait until the game comes out. EA's not going to make ads that are just people talking to each other.

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DrPockets000

@Pinworm45 said:

Too bro? What does that even mean? Because the story is about action? Well, considering the first game was about a reaper trying to start an invasion, and the second game ended with the reapers coming to invade.. what do you want? Them to be like "lol nvm we coo"? Anyway EA had the exact same amount of influence with ME2. I don't know why you're complaining about the Action Mode and the Story mode. You said you want neither.. and guess what.. there's a third option.. that includes neither. It includes the same tight gameplay of ME2 with a more advanced skill system.

Also, the multiplayer is great, and if you don't like it, you don't have to play it.

And you're still going to purchase it day 1.

I disagree with you a LOT on these forums, but you make good points.

I think those extra modes are added so more people can play. That's why there are BOTH of those modes.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Dany

@JantShira said:

Mass Effect 3 looks a little too bro? I don't know. I've been a huge Bioware supporter, but Mass Effect 3 is no longer a day-one purchase for me.

@JantShira said:

Mass Effect 1 was an incredible experience. Mass Effect 2 took everything that was great about it's predecessor, streamlined it and made it better. Mass Effect 3 looks a little too bro?

@JantShira said:

Mass Effect 3 looks a little too bro?

@JantShira said:

bro?

No. No. No.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By BrockNRolla

You're worried about ME3!?

You and EVERYONE ELSE. Let's all just stop this and wait until the game comes out before passing judgement on ME or EA.

dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By dtat

@JantShira: I get where you're coming from. But the multiplayer is totally separate and completely ignorable. I'm hoping also that all of the trailers and the demo being almost entirely combat is jsut because the great things about Mass Effect don't show well in a trailer. I'll reserve judgement on that until after the game comes out.

Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
    Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeh, most rational people with a good taste in videogames are also concerned about it.  
    I doubt it'll end well for us, either. 

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Aetheldod

The story mode (I did used it on the demo ) is only waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy easy combat , nothing more nothing less. Sweet Jebus people Mass Effect 3 will be great , mark my words

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hunkulese

Isn't it about time we stopped blaming EA for all of Bioware's decisions good or bad?

Are you even remotely aware how important Bioware is to EA? Bioware calls its own shots and there is no way I will believe that EA forced them to include a multiplayer mode against their will.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Deranged

The multiplayer might be a touch of EA, but the story is all BioWare baby.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By Vinny_Says

The fuck are you people getting restless about optional options that have no bearing on the game you want to play. They aren't stretching themselves thin the other modes are simply easier combat or skipping dialogue choices, don't be a fucking idiot.

Also remember when Bioware was hiring people and every blog and website was talking about multiplayer in ME3? Well the fact is they hired extra people with skills to craft the multiplayer, they didn't take people away from other teams.

williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By williamhenry

I've said it before and I'll say it again, video gamers are the worst. They are never happy and will always find something to bitch about, no matter how insignificant.

DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DeShawn2ks

I am more concerned about the constant bitching about a game that hasn't been released or reviewed. They make ads that have action in it so what? What makes Mass Effect great doesn't play well in a ad oh well. I still love running around asking everyone everything that I can. The ads don't seem to different than the ones for Mass Effect 2. Sorry i don't remember the ads for the first one so I can't comment on those. I also don't see how them having modes which takes stuff out messes up your single player experience. Just choose the option how you feel its meant to be played. I like to think Bioware worked on how Mass Effect 3 is supposed to be then said if they pick this option it takes this stuff out, if they pick this option it takes this stuff out, and if they pick this option it leaves everything how its supposed to be. I don't see that taking away to many resources at all if any.

So what if the guy behind me in Gamestop just wants to play the action stuff and skip all the story options, and the guy behind him wants just the story and wants to ignore the majority of all the stupid boring "bro" stuff. Its not going to affect me when I go home and enjoy it my way. The game will be good I feel but who knows I could be wrong and the game will be a steaming pile of crap because Jessica Chobot is in the game, Freddie Prinze jr is the voice of James Vega who is a military guy with a mohawk, and the game has a few on rail sections. I still have some faith in Bioware and like to think they will do the end of their planned trilogy right. Calm down, relax and if your on the fence about the game wait to read few reviews before deciding. Me I am to much of a Mass Effect fanboy and played the first two to death and me not buying the third one and concluding my Shepards story because of some ads and a couple of couple of voice actors just isn't a option for me.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19  Edited By jakob187

Who the fuck ever said this was EA's influence? Last I checked, they released Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning and Warp, and those two games definitely don't feel like they've got the so-called "evil hand of EA" touching them.

Then again, I don't understand this hatred people have for EA. The company produces top notch games on a yearly basis, and people hate them because...they make good games and make money because of that? I don't get it. = /

Personally, if I look at Dragon Age II and all the bullshit people have surrounded Mass Effect 3 with, I get the feeling that these are decisions that BIOWARE is making.

defaultprophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By defaultprophet

I'm so angry

kheldorin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kheldorin

@DeShawn2ks said:

I am more concerned about the constant bitching about a game that hasn't been released or reviewed. They make ads that have action in it so what? What makes Mass Effect great doesn't play well in a ad oh well. I still love running around asking everyone everything that I can. The ads don't seem to different than the ones for Mass Effect 2. Sorry i don't remember the ads for the first one so I can't comment on those. I also don't see how them having modes which takes stuff out messes up your single player experience. Just choose the option how you feel its meant to be played. I like to think Bioware worked on how Mass Effect 3 is supposed to be then said if they pick this option it takes this stuff out, if they pick this option it takes this stuff out, and if they pick this option it leaves everything how its supposed to be. I don't see that taking away to many resources at all if any.

So what if the guy behind me in Gamestop just wants to play the action stuff and skip all the story options, and the guy behind him wants just the story and wants to ignore the majority of all the stupid boring "bro" stuff. Its not going to affect me when I go home and enjoy it my way. The game will be good I feel but who knows I could be wrong and the game will be a steaming pile of crap because Jessica Chobot is in the game, Freddie Prinze jr is the voice of James Vega who is a military guy with a mohawk, and the game has a few on rail sections. I still have some faith in Bioware and like to think they will do the end of their planned trilogy right. Calm down, relax and if your on the fence about the game wait to read few reviews before deciding. Me I am to much of a Mass Effect fanboy and played the first two to death and me not buying the third one and concluding my Shepards story because of some ads and a couple of couple of voice actors just isn't a option for me.

But how will I differentiate myself as the superior gamer? I don't want to be mistaken as those type of gamers when I say I play ME. So yeah ME1, is definitely the best ME. I mean Mass Effect should be played using tactics and strategy backed by intelligence not by twitchy reflex. These guys don't even pause the game. Gawd! Can you imagine that? They're playing it wrong! And now Bioware or EA is encouraging that play style especially by adding these extra modes and adding multi-player. They should have focused on improving the talents, weapons and inventory. Those gameplay systems are so dumbed down that it is possible to display all the info in the game itself, without me having to create a spreadsheet to analyze everything. WTF EA!

DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DeShawn2ks

@kheldorin: I know you are joking but do people actually like to play video games using spreadsheets?

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheHT

I mean, I paid 60 bucks, I should be able to use all of the options, but I just don't fucking want to! They shouldn't have put them in there in the first place. God, BioWare's really losing their way.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @JantShira said:

From playing through the demo to watching some of the awful ads on TV, I'm getting a weird sense that EA may have meddled a little too much. Call me old school, but multiplayer, an all action no narrative mode, and an all narrative no action mode have no place in my super awesome sci-fi RPG-shooter hybrid. Mass Effect 1 was an incredible experience. Mass Effect 2 took everything that was great about it's predecessor, streamlined it and made it better. Mass Effect 3 looks a little too bro? I don't know. I've been a huge Bioware supporter, but Mass Effect 3 is no longer a day-one purchase for me.

Sorry mate, but Mass Effect 3 is actually a lot better as a Multiplayer game than most people are assuming.  You sound a little prejudicial.  I think you need to rethink your position after playing the MP a few times.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.