Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Default Fem Shep question

dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By dtat

Does anyone know if we will be able to change the appearance of Shepard coming into Mass Effect 3? Because I have a female Shepard file that I want to carry over, but I have been using a custom appearance because of how terrible I thought the default model looked. So my question is: will I be able to bring over the file and also change her appearance to the new default look? Anyone have any info on this? Thanks.

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By SteamPunkJin

From ME1 to ME2 I could revert my FemShep to the 'Default' face right there in the character creator.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

I think you could change the appearance from 1 to 2 can't you?

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By damswedon

You can choose to pick the new default Femshep when you import.

You can still pick old default Femshep as well.

You can edit your Femshep if you want.

Supposedly all the hair used by the Femsheps we could vote on are in the game anyway.

dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dtat

@SethPhotopoulos: @SteamPunkJin:

Yeah I'm pretty sure you could in ME2, but there was a storyline explanation for it. I was just wondering if they had made any kind of confirmation that you would be able to do this in 3.

dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By dtat

@damswedon said:

You choose to pick the new default Femshep when you import.

You can still pick old default Femshep as well.

You can edit your Femshep if you want.

Supposedly all the hair used by the Femsheps we could vote on are in the game anyway.

Oh ok. Did they cover that in some interview or Q&A?

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By damswedon

@Dtat: Bioware forums, twitter and a few fan Q&As. I don't bookmark them so I can't really say where exactly.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By PhatSeeJay

You will not be able to completely change your current Shepard when you import her, only things like hair and minor details that reflects the improved character creator.

And Dtat is pretty much on the money with your question; default Shepard and original default Shepard will be possible to choose even when you import your Shepard.

dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dtat

@PhatSeeJay said:

You will not be able to completely change your current Shepard when you import her, only things like hair and minor details that reflects the improved character creator.

And Dtat is pretty much on the money with your question; default Shepard and original default Shepard will be possible to choose even when you import your Shepard.

Wait, so you CAN'T change major aspects of appearance, but you CAN replace your character model with one of the defaults? What?

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Dany

I hope the character code is the same so I can recreate her and use some of the new hairs they have.

Also, I reverted to regular ass male shepard for my dude, he is the best looking of them all.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#11  Edited By PhatSeeJay

@Dtat said:

@PhatSeeJay said:

Wait, so you CAN'T change major aspects of appearance, but you CAN replace your character model with one of the defaults? What?

Not too difficult to understand really. Revamping the appearance of your created character wouldn't make sense in the style of Cerberus body change stuff, while they want to give you a shot at playing as the new default Shepard if you prefer that.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Dany

They still have the character code number thing. Just copy it down and use it when ME3 comes out an change the hair.

dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By dtat

@PhatSeeJay said:

@Dtat said:

@PhatSeeJay said:

Not too difficult to understand really. Revamping the appearance of your created character wouldn't make sense in the style of Cerberus body change stuff, while they want to give you a shot at playing as the new default Shepard if you prefer that.

Ok I thought I had misunderstood lol. Well awesome! I hope the new default face looks as good once they render it in game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I like that they're adding new hairstyles in. Both Mass Effect and Dragon Age are in dire need of better hair options.

Prince_VLAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By Prince_VLAD

yes you can. As soon as you load the ME1 and ME2 profiles you will be entering the photo-ingame editor and you can change her face as you wish. this was available even in ME2.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.