Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

DEMO - Will anything transfer to full game?

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By xanadu

Hey all, I am very excited for the new mass effect 3 demo as I hope most of you are. Im wondering though, will anything in the demo being transfered over to the main game (multi-player level? or maybe some kind of small dialog choices??) The reason I ask is because my xbox 360, an ORIGINAL xbox 360, the 360 that contains my entire of Sheppard from the very beginning, is getting very old at this point. I have already got the RROD on it but I was able to fix this simply by replacing the old thermal paste that had melted over the graphics and processing chips. Needless to say, my xbox has seen its better days for sure and Im wondering if I should just play the demo on the ps3 to save precious time for ME3 on the 360, I imagine this will most likely be the last game I play on it....thanks.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

Nothing has been said thus far I don't think. All there is to gain is some ME3-themed equipment for Kingdoms of Amalur.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

If your 360 looks like it's going to die, why not put in a memory stick and get the saves you treasure off it instead of running with the devil?

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By xanadu

@Brodehouse: maybe I should do that but Im not exactly sure if I would even want to buy a new 360 as a replacement

rawrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By rawrz

If its anything like the Mass Effect 2 demo then youll just start out having to create a new Shepard for the sake of the demo which could later be imported into the full game.

akeripper4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By akeripper4

nothing will transfer over from the demo

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By joshthebear

I doubt it. It'll probably be just a slice of a mission with nothing actually substantial or worth importing over. I feel like the demo is more for the multiplayer portion anyways and not the single player.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By penguindust

It doesn't matter if the console does die since you can move the hard drive to a new console later.

time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By time allen

back up your saves

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think they stated that nothing will be imported or transferred from or to the demo.

Though Bioware have stated that you should hang on to your Mass Effect 3 saves, whether they have plans to have that interact with future Mass Effect games or DLC or anything else really, is still anyones guess.

lclay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lclay
    @Toms115 said:

back up your saves

Backing up your mass effect saves is actually not possible. You can move them from one storage device to another but you can't make a copy of them. 

There was quite a lot of annoyed people talking about this on the BioWare forums because people are, quite reasonably, worried that these save games they've been holding onto since the beginning of ME1 5 years ago might be lost if their hard drive fails or their xbox gets stolen, etc. 

Apparently it's something to do with how BioWare designed the save system to make saving the game much faster. 

Fortunately, I recently bought an xbox slim to replace my 5 year old elite and transferred everything over to a fresh hard drive so I have nothing to worry about.
    Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Teran

@lclay: You couldn't save the data onto a thumb drive and then duplicate it on a pc?

I don't think ME1 saves need to be kept, from what I've read it sounds like ME3 will only allow importing ME2 data, but will import any ME1 data embedded into the ME2 save.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NTM

It doesn't matter what system you try it on, nothing is going to transfer from the demo into the final product. It was said in an interview that I read about on IGN I think it was.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.