Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Did You Finish The Pull-Up Contest (Citadel DLC)?

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

Poll Did You Finish The Pull-Up Contest (Citadel DLC)? (148 votes)

Yes 68%
    No 32%

So when I clicked the pull-up bar while James was training on the punching bag I thought there would be some incidental dialogue and etc. etc. and then it would be done. But then he announced that his best total pull-up record was 182 pull-ups. Which seemed like a lot. And then I had the right-trigger left-trigger prompts and my character did one pull-up at a time and then it all clicked. I was going to do 183 pull-ups. Which is insane. But I kept doing cause I thought that if I'm going to do it I'm going to go all the way. So I spent fucking forever going back and forth between the triggers and felt like an idiot but I kept doing it. And then I got fucking NOTHING from it. No achievement, nothing cool, just James telling me I'm great.

So who else was dumb like me, took the bait, and did all 183 pull-ups?

• 
    Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

I'm kinda surprised at the amount of people who said they expected an achievement doing this. Why didn't you just check beforehand? If anything I'm impressed that James even said anything afterwards.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

do you really have to do it 183 times?

It looked more like a cheap and easy way to boost your paragon/renegade meter.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I lost count. I did it for awhile though. Also there is no paragon/renegade bonus (unless I was too leveled up to get it).

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Yea, I did it for the sake of doing it, didn't get much out of it but I put on the Bombcast and just zoned out for the 15 minutes or so it took.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
    deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It would be great if when you finished, James walked back in the room as if he left at some point without you noticing and he's like, "Wow. You're still doing that, huh?" And that's all you get.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By InternetDotCom

Yes I did. And it was the most amazing, stupid thing ever.

Making you watch the animation every time was the topping.

The dialogue the whole time was basically "You really doing this? Because this will take a while and will generally be pointless"

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

I wanted to prove to James that I was the master. So I sat there for about 20 minutes going back and forth, proving to James, one rep at a time, that I was Commander goddamn Shepard, and this is my house.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought something funny would happen if I did, so I did. And then nothing funny happened.

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By NathHaw

Just did it. No achievement, which might normally have been a bummer, but I'm playing on Origin. Don't care about those achievements.

I wonder if it was like a silly joke the devs thought would be oh so funny. I kinda just felt like they wasted my time to make the DLC longer it something.

Kinda disappointing.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

It was a meta joke about the stupidity of mission design in games and how we are really just doing the same thing over and over with no pay off and no real reason beyond we were told to do it. Or something idk.

Frag_Maniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Frag_Maniac

@oscar__explosion said:

I'm kinda surprised at the amount of people who said they expected an achievement doing this. Why didn't you just check beforehand? If anything I'm impressed that James even said anything afterwards.

I wasn't expecting an achievement, and personally I don't value them, but it should at the very least have netted a lousy 2 paragon points. It's one of the moments in the game where James is seriously impressed with Shepard, yet no reward whatsoever. You can get a lousy 2 paragon points just for having a brief conversation with someone, but spend several minutes laboring over prompt timed pull-ups, and you've only wasted your time. It's an oversight in an otherwise mostly solid DLC.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I did it, it was stupid fun.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I ain't no pussy!

ThomasCro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alex did

quasiconundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Miss a chance to put that smug-ass trash-talker in his place? Hell naw.

Totally did it. Totally worth it.

entireties

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i did a couple before the animation and voice acting made me too uncomfortable to continue

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.