Difficult choice. Spoilers obviously

#1 Posted by mikey87144 (1664 posts) -

Spoiler Warning again. Read at your own peril.

Damn bioware. To put you in that position with Legion and Tali was complete bullshit but brilliant nonetheless. The entire time my Sheppard is telling the quarians to stop and all they would do is continue to fight. They put their own civilians in harms way just to keep fighting. The geth then lower their shields as a sign of peace and STILL the quarians fire. The first time you were on the damn ship too. I didn't know what would happen at the end and I was real bummed out afterward but Sheppard said it best. They made their choice and for that they die.

So did you guys choose the Geth too.

#2 Posted by jonc151 (69 posts) -

I Paragoned my way through it. Both fleets survive. I did let Tali die once though.

#3 Posted by Nottle (1912 posts) -

Does anyone know what happens if you sold Legion to the Illusive man in ME2?

#4 Posted by mikey87144 (1664 posts) -

@Nottle: I think that Sheppard dies because of that in ME2. Not sure but pretty sure about that

#5 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -
@Nottle: He shows up as an enemy in a Cerberus base.

It's definitely a nice touch.
#6 Edited by ZimboDK (848 posts) -

It was the only decision in the game that caused me to hesitate. I had to think about it for several minutes. In the end though, I had enough Paragon points to save both.

#7 Posted by stinky (1543 posts) -

@jonc151 said:

I Paragoned my way through it. Both fleets survive. I did let Tali die once though.

yeah you can have both survive. dont have to choose one over the other.

#8 Posted by Nottle (1912 posts) -

@LordXavierBritish said:

@Nottle: He shows up as an enemy in a Cerberus base. It's definitely a nice touch.

Does anything happen if you left Grunt frozen?

#9 Posted by Vonocourt (2116 posts) -

Never not paragoning man.

#10 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -
@Nottle said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

@Nottle: He shows up as an enemy in a Cerberus base. It's definitely a nice touch.

Does anything happen if you left Grunt frozen?

Not that I know of. I think the game just treats him as dead.
#11 Posted by freedo (83 posts) -

@jonc151 said:

Really? I've been Paragon-ing my way through it and I still had to choose. Do you have to do that side mission where you take out the Geth fighter's comm base before you bum rush the Reaper? That's the only thing can think of.

Also, that was a SUPER FUCKING BUMMER. Either way, being responsible for straight up genocide because I forgot to do a side mission is kind of dicked. I ended up finishing the mission both ways to weigh it out but I'm still not sure which one I'm gonna finish the game with.

#12 Posted by roughneck117 (186 posts) -

@freedo: If i remember correctly, there are two missions you HAVE to do in order to save both Tali and Legion. Before the final Rannoch mission you need to do the fighter base one you mentioned as well as the saving the downed captain one, and he has to survive. That way you get the paragon option that lets you save both, BUT legion still dies.

#13 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3482 posts) -

I really, really wanted to have both parties reach a hastily-constructed modus vivendi, but my Shepard didn't make the right choices and life was lost. I still feel bad about the outcome. I'm so sorry, pseudo-Legion. I couldn't have Tali killing herself.

#14 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -

I chose the Geth. I wasn't expecting Tali to die. It was a pretty good scene. Especially the Paragon option where it looks like you catch her, but ultimately failed. Probably one of the best moments in the game, even though I wasn't as invested in Tali as most people.

#15 Posted by freedo (83 posts) -

@roughneck117: That's what I thought. I saved the captain. The pacing of the game is so weird. I keep feeling like I need to do the primary missions as soon as I can which totally messed me up on this one. I'm just too used to Skyrim (being able to do whatever, whenever you want) I guess.

#16 Posted by CrossTheAtlantic (1145 posts) -

@Nottle: @LordXavierBritish: He's just outright replaced in the missions though, right? I was told some other Geth with N7 armor shows up.

#17 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -
@CrossTheAtlantic said:

@Nottle: @LordXavierBritish: He's just outright replaced in the missions though, right? I was told some other Geth with N7 armor shows up.

Yes, his name is Geth IV and he has N7 armor for no reason.
#18 Posted by MikeFightNight (1075 posts) -

Dude, fuck the Geth. I played a paragon and still threw them under the bus. You can't trust AI... maybe EDI, but that's it.

#19 Edited by Zacagawea (1581 posts) -

I sided with the Geth.

Fuck the Quarians and fuck Tali. I was glad to see her die. I didn't even remember she died until this thread. That shows my unreasonably high amount of hate for her.

#20 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2224 posts) -

Theres only 1 P in Shepard

#21 Posted by MikeFightNight (1075 posts) -

@freedo said:

@roughneck117: That's what I thought. I saved the captain. The pacing of the game is so weird. I keep feeling like I need to do the primary missions as soon as I can which totally messed me up on this one. I'm just too used to Skyrim (being able to do whatever, whenever you want) I guess.

I mean you can still do that, the idea of urgency is just a facade. But I hear where you are coming from. ME 2 had that whole part where if you waited too long things could go bad. I do agree with the pacing, it is messed up.

#22 Posted by Nottle (1912 posts) -

@LordXavierBritish said:

@CrossTheAtlantic said:

Yes, his name is Geth IV and he has N7 armor for no reason.

BUT ALL THE GETH THINK IN A HIVE MIND SO HE PUT ON THE ARMOR BECAUSE LEGION DID. MAKES PEFECT SENSE.

#23 Posted by TheMasterDS (2015 posts) -

Sigh, I know your pain. I just lost Tali and her whole race as well. I had been talking to a lot of dudes as frequently as a I felt like it (not constantly obviously, getting there and getting no dialog wheel feels too much of a let down to go after every mission)  and yet still got shit upon after that mission.

I want to say, I fucking despise the Paragon Renegade system. It's the worst goddamn Karma system ever invented for so many reasons. For one it discourages roleplay since the best endings are reserved for people who always say the one good line or the one bad line. Second it always feels arbitrary when you can't say a certain line, not to mention you'll never have any clue as to what the requirements are. Third the game actively pushes you, narratively, to keep doing what they label the "Priority Mission." However that is in direct opposition to what you're actually supposed to do, which is to fart around to get, until you really need them, worthless points. Four, they necessitate replaying a 30 hour game (or two or three) in order to get the best ending. I didn't save before doing that last mission and now, as a result, I can never bring the Quarians back. Not without replaying the last 15 or so hours of this game. Only this time I'd have to do more boring side quests, since the ones I did clearly were not enough. Fuck off Bioware, that's not good design! 

It's hard to believe that Bioware hasn't learned there lesson there. That's the same thing that was in Mass Effect 1 with Wrex! And Mass Effect 2 with the endgame! Do they get off on punishing people for things they can't possibly have known about? Are they really dense? What's the reason why they can't see why not warning someone that they're not ready to save the day isn't fucking cool?

#24 Posted by Capum15 (4810 posts) -

I paragon'd my way through it. Let the Geth become fully self-aware, like Legion did, and the Quarian's can now re-colonize their homeworld. Also, the Geth being software, they are hopping into Quarians' suits and regulating their suit systems in a way that will bolster their immune system without making them sick, so they can live without suits in about two-ish years. Though, like Tali says, they'll probably keep the suits since they've become a part of the culture.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.