Disk swapping

#1 Posted by Kidavenger (3532 posts) -

This is probably a dumb question but I'm asking it anyway; what is up with all the disk swapping on this game? I have the 360 version and between pretty much every mission it asks me to swap between disk one and disk two.

Is there a way to install the game to the 360 hdd? I would have thought that it would have asked me to do this on first play if it was possible.

#2 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19329 posts) -

There've been two other threads on this matter: this one and this one. Yes, you can install both discs to the HDD just like any game by pressing "Y" at the start up screen on the game launch window. No, this won't fix the disc swapping issue.

#3 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@Kidavenger: For some strange reason, they put all of the main story stuff on one disc, and all of the extra side stuff on the second disc. Yes, it was a horrible decision, and it ends up with you needing to switch discs at least five or six times in your first ten hours or so, because you do keep switching between that content.
#4 Posted by ShadowSkill11 (1783 posts) -

Beats me. I installed the game to my hard drive and it works perfectly. My load times are generally about a second or less.

oh wait...

I'm playing on PC.

#5 Posted by Kidavenger (3532 posts) -

@ShadowSkill11 said:

Beats me. I installed the game to my hard drive and it works perfectly. My load times are generally about a second or less.

oh wait...

I'm playing on PC.

I play 99% of my games on PC including the first two Mass Effect games, but I bought this on 360 because of Origin.

#6 Posted by adummy (23 posts) -

@ShadowSkill11 said:

Beats me. I installed the game to my hard drive and it works perfectly. My load times are generally about a second or less.

oh wait...

I'm playing on PC.

What's the point in being an asshole about it?

#7 Posted by Imsorrymsjackson (855 posts) -

@adummy: He isn't being an asshole, he is being humerous and topical, learn to tell the difference.

#8 Posted by jjnen (661 posts) -
@Kidavenger

@ShadowSkill11 said:

Beats me. I installed the game to my hard drive and it works perfectly. My load times are generally about a second or less.

oh wait...

I'm playing on PC.

I play 99% of my games on PC including the first two Mass Effect games, but I bought this on 360 because of Origin.

Well that was dumb.
#9 Posted by Twinsun (471 posts) -

Didn't Forza 3 have an extra install disc, but then you didn't need to swap discs? If so, why couldn't EA/Bioware do the same?

#10 Posted by adummy (23 posts) -

@Imsorrymsjackson: Guess this is just difference of opinion of comedy vs stating the obvious.

@Twinsun: The second disc of Forza 3 had extra cars and tracks. Nothing essential to the game

#11 Posted by drag (1223 posts) -

Yeah I had the same problem, really bad at the beginning. It gets better though and soon enough you won't have to swap again until the very end of the game.

#12 Posted by Bell_End (1208 posts) -

@Kidavenger: haha...why would you do that. origin is ok really i use it all the time

#13 Edited by MikeRD (32 posts) -

Since no one so far has mentioned it... The game requires only the same number of disc swaps on 360 as Mass Effect 2 (two for a whole playthrough), the only difference is that Mass Effect 3 allows you access to content earlier that is only available on the 2nd disc. All N7 missions and all side missions are available on the 2nd disc. This means that once the story requires you to switch over to Disc 2, you are free from having to swap discs until towards the end of the game. It's advisable though after switching to Disc 2 to then do all side missions before advancing the plot past the story's main Priority Mission, as that I believe is the trigger for cutting you off from one or perhaps multiple otherwise available side missions (it might be the next Priority Mission that does this, I'm not clear, but regardless, there's no good reason not to complete the side missions before the overarching Priority Mission if you intend to see the all the major bits of content the game has to offer).

#14 Posted by stryker1121 (1403 posts) -

@Kidavenger: The swapping is prevalent only over the first 10 hours or so. The last 20-25 hours I've played I've swapped disks maybe once or twice.

#15 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

Yea its annoying but i hear it gets better

#16 Posted by Ketchupp (672 posts) -

Yeah, this is pretty outrageous. If I wanted such a workout I'd play Wii Fit.

#17 Posted by washablemarkers (93 posts) -

Once I got to the second half of the game, I only needed to swap disc two out for the finale. I was never bothered by it.

#18 Posted by ShadowSkill11 (1783 posts) -

@adummy said:

@ShadowSkill11 said:

Beats me. I installed the game to my hard drive and it works perfectly. My load times are generally about a second or less.

oh wait...

I'm playing on PC.

What's the point in being an asshole about it?

I might ask the same of you son. He knew what product he was buying and should have been prepared for it. I was just pointing out the benefits of playing the same game on a different platform.

...did I mention I was also playing in 1080p at 60 fps with additional detail not found in either console version?

#19 Posted by adummy (23 posts) -

@ShadowSkill11: Except he may not have known that this was a problem the 360 version of the game. He may have thought that it was either 1 disc or simple like ME2.

And there is a difference between exposing strengths/weaknesses of a platform and saying "haha, you're stupid for buying that version"

#20 Posted by Kidavenger (3532 posts) -

I honestly didn't know about the disk swapping, the last game I had to swap disks was FF8 on my PS1 and even back then they knew to just swap disks as you reached milestones in the story, there was no constant swapping back and forth.

It's not a big deal, just stupid.

#21 Edited by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

@ShadowSkill11 said:

@adummy said:

@ShadowSkill11 said:

Beats me. I installed the game to my hard drive and it works perfectly. My load times are generally about a second or less.

oh wait...

I'm playing on PC.

What's the point in being an asshole about it?

I might ask the same of you son. He knew what product he was buying and should have been prepared for it. I was just pointing out the benefits of playing the same game on a different platform.

...did I mention I was also playing in 1080p at 60 fps with additional detail not found in either console version?

Well maybe the console guys could mention not having to continuously update their systems, not having to spend $1000's to play top-tier games, having a superior control scheme for everything that isn't an RTS or FPS, being able to actually play driving and fighting games, not having to worry about hacks, DRM issues or delayed release dates. Being able to play on huge TVs easily and accessibly. They may not have the most effective, but at least they have reliable hardware that doesn't go out of date within months. They get much more support, even from companies like Valve these days, they get support from Japan which is virtually non-existent on PC. They're able to play with family and friends locally and have genuine good old-fashioned fun. And they aren't stereotyped as basement-dwelling Warcraft-obsessives or elitist pricks, which you're doing a great job of perpetuating by the way.

I'm a PC gamer through and though, but when I see fucking idiots like you acting superior, it makes me ashamed to be part of such a community. Grow up kid.

#22 Posted by ShadowSkill11 (1783 posts) -

@adummy said:

@ShadowSkill11: Except he may not have known that this was a problem the 360 version of the game. He may have thought that it was either 1 disc or simple like ME2.

And there is a difference between exposing strengths/weaknesses of a platform and saying "haha, you're stupid for buying that version"

Don't know, don't care random, faceless, internet commenter. Take it how you like. I don't really care.

#23 Posted by rjayb89 (7720 posts) -

Place the both of them in the disc drive at the same time. Problem solved.

#24 Posted by Mike76x (558 posts) -

@ShadowSkill11 said:

Beats me. I installed the game to my hard drive and it works perfectly. My load times are generally about a second or less.

oh wait...

I'm playing on PC.

@adummy said:

What's the point in being an asshole about it?

@ShadowSkill11 said:

I'm playing on PC.
#25 Posted by Bones8677 (3228 posts) -

I don't understand why Mass Effect didn't go the same route as the PS1 Final Fantasy games. Sure there was main story and side missions, but the progression was linear. Which meant, once you were done with disc one, you moved to disc two and never went back to disc one. Mass Effect 3 has a linear story progression and has side missions that don't show up till you get to Act 2, so it would have made perfect sense to go that route. Those were CDs and these are DVDs. C'mon Bioware.

#26 Posted by ShadowSkill11 (1783 posts) -

@James_Giant_Peach said:

@ShadowSkill11 said:

@adummy said:

@ShadowSkill11 said:

Beats me. I installed the game to my hard drive and it works perfectly. My load times are generally about a second or less.

oh wait...

I'm playing on PC.

What's the point in being an asshole about it?

I might ask the same of you son. He knew what product he was buying and should have been prepared for it. I was just pointing out the benefits of playing the same game on a different platform.

...did I mention I was also playing in 1080p at 60 fps with additional detail not found in either console version?

Well maybe the console guys could mention not having to continuously update their systems, not having to spend $1000's to play top-tier games, having a superior control scheme for everything that isn't an RTS or FPS, being able to actually play driving and fighting games, not having to worry about hacks, DRM issues or delayed release dates. Being able to play on huge TVs easily and accessibly. They may not have the most effective, but at least they have reliable hardware that doesn't go out of date within months. They get much more support, even from companies like Valve these days, they get support from Japan which is virtually non-existent on PC. They're able to play with family and friends locally and have genuine good old-fashioned fun. And they aren't stereotyped as basement-dwelling Warcraft-obsessives or elitist pricks, which you're doing a great job of perpetuating by the way.

I'm a PC gamer through and though, but when I see fucking idiots like you acting superior, it makes me ashamed to be part of such a community. Grow up kid.

Don't be jealous baby. It'll be okay.

1. Well maybe the console guys could mention not having to continuously update their systems.

A. Windows 7 and Nvidia(don't know about ATI) will automatically update system with patches and drivers if it is somehow beyond you to do it yourself.

2. not having to spend $1000's to play top-tier games

A. Many computer games also designed for consoles will run on very inexpensive systems. The consoles are almost a decade old and pose no problems at all for even anemic computers to run.

3. having a superior control scheme for everything that isn't an RTS or FPS.

A. Ever heard of USB? You know the same ports the PS3/360 have on them? Plug in a 360/whatever controller you want in a PC.

4. not having to worry about hacks, DRM issues or delayed release dates.

A. Ah, because there are no MW3 or BF3 hacks, etc in console games right? DRM isn't a big deal. Technically Steam is DRM but it is so invisible to the user it doesn't matter. As for delayed release dates, those games are usually few and far between and usually have additional features added when they do come out a few weeks later.

5. Being able to play on huge TVs easily and accessibly.

A. Run a HDMI cable from your computer to your tv/sound system and use your favorite controller and/or wireless keyboard mouse combo on your tv table. Done.

6. They may not have the most effective, but at least they have reliable hardware that doesn't go out of date within months.

A. That just doesn't make sense. A console is a computer you can't upgrade. Developers design around the machine instead of building the newest technology. If you knew anything about gaming you would see PC games run pretty much every multi-platform console game plus have an extensive library of games that can't be dumbed down to a simple dual analog interface. If the XBox 720 and PS4 came out today their hardware would have already been outdated when compared to computers for the simple reason they use off the shelf parts and can't be upgraded.

The rest of what you said was just random fanboy gibberish. Educate yourself before you wreck yourself little one.

#27 Posted by Capum15 (4876 posts) -

I'm not sure if it's just my discs or what, but I can play pretty much the entirety of the game (from after Palaven to the Cerberus Base, at least) with a single disc change. Seriously, after Palaven I usually go to Grissom Academy, change into Disc 2, and then play the rest of the game without a swap.

#28 Posted by Kidavenger (3532 posts) -

@Capum15 said:

I'm not sure if it's just my discs or what, but I can play pretty much the entirety of the game (from after Palaven to the Cerberus Base, at least) with a single disc change. Seriously, after Palaven I usually go to Grissom Academy, change into Disc 2, and then play the rest of the game without a swap.

That's exactly where I'm at right now(grissom), good to hear.

#29 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

The problem is this: Everything before palaven, main story wise, is on disc 1. Everything after that, both side quests and main quests, is disc 2 until the endgame. It's poor design, there technically IS only 2 times you need to swap the discs, but due to sidequest compusion, people start doing lots of Disc 2 content before finishing the main disc one stuff.

#30 Posted by DeF (4859 posts) -

@Rappelsiini said:

@Kidavenger

@ShadowSkill11 said:

Beats me. I installed the game to my hard drive and it works perfectly. My load times are generally about a second or less.

oh wait...

I'm playing on PC.

I play 99% of my games on PC including the first two Mass Effect games, but I bought this on 360 because of Origin.

Well that was dumb.

well maybe not dumb but it definitely doesn't make an ounce of sense.

#31 Posted by ds8k (412 posts) -

@ShadowSkill11: Don't waste your time. They'll never learn.

#32 Posted by ShadowSkill11 (1783 posts) -

@ds8k said:

@ShadowSkill11: Don't waste your time. They'll never learn.

I know. Some kids just talk out of their ass without even having a clue what they are talking about. They hear word of mouth with their friends on the playground and they take it as truth.

#33 Posted by onan (1284 posts) -

@ShadowSkill11 said:

@ds8k said:

@ShadowSkill11: Don't waste your time. They'll never learn.

I know. Some kids just talk out of their ass without even having a clue what they are talking about. They hear word of mouth with their friends on the playground and they take it as truth.

Both platforms are valid, both have pros and cons. The ultimate trade off is that PC gamers miss out on a significant quantity of games that never come out for Windows, and console gamers mainly miss out on the potential quality of the experience. It's a trade off just like anything, and it's really just a matter of preference and what's important to you, although in all honesty, anyone without both is going to be missing out on something.

Considering you instigated all the negative replies with your playground taunting of the OP, you're really in no position to be mocking anyone else for acting like children.

#34 Posted by ShadowSkill11 (1783 posts) -

@onan said:

@ShadowSkill11 said:

@ds8k said:

@ShadowSkill11: Don't waste your time. They'll never learn.

I know. Some kids just talk out of their ass without even having a clue what they are talking about. They hear word of mouth with their friends on the playground and they take it as truth.

Both platforms are valid, both have pros and cons. The ultimate trade off is that PC gamers miss out on a significant quantity of games that never come out for Windows, and console gamers mainly miss out on the potential quality of the experience. It's a trade off just like anything, and it's really just a matter of preference and what's important to you, although in all honesty, anyone without both is going to be missing out on something.

Considering you instigated all the negative replies with your playground taunting of the OP, you're really in no position to be mocking anyone else for acting like children.

What mocking? I merely pointed out that if he didn't want disc swapping he should have done his research and bought the PC version or even the PS3 version. Everything else was just correcting his/her incredibly wrong "facts" and treating him with all the reverance he deserved after being an ass. I treated it the same as if someone said something absurd like 2+2=5 or that women first popped up on the planet because a magic man in the sky cast a spell after performing surgery on a man. Perhaps you should go back and read the thread son.

As for PC's missing out on significant portions of games. The only console with more than a couple exclusives is the PS3 at the moment. Most popular games are multiplatform nowadays(PS3/360/PC). Then again the same could be said for console missing out on significant PC only games. Boom... nailed it.

#35 Posted by onan (1284 posts) -

@ShadowSkill11 said:

@onan said:

@ShadowSkill11 said:

@ds8k said:

@ShadowSkill11: Don't waste your time. They'll never learn.

I know. Some kids just talk out of their ass without even having a clue what they are talking about. They hear word of mouth with their friends on the playground and they take it as truth.

Both platforms are valid, both have pros and cons. The ultimate trade off is that PC gamers miss out on a significant quantity of games that never come out for Windows, and console gamers mainly miss out on the potential quality of the experience. It's a trade off just like anything, and it's really just a matter of preference and what's important to you, although in all honesty, anyone without both is going to be missing out on something.

Considering you instigated all the negative replies with your playground taunting of the OP, you're really in no position to be mocking anyone else for acting like children.

What mocking? I merely pointed out that if he didn't want disc swapping he should have done his research and bought the PC version or even the PS3 version. Everything else was just correcting his/her incredibly wrong "facts" and treating him with all the reverance he deserved after being an ass. I treated it the same as if someone said something absurd like 2+2=5 or that women first popped up on the planet because a magic man in the sky cast a spell after performing surgery on a man. Perhaps you should go back and read the thread son.

As for PC's missing out on significant portions of games. The only console with more than a couple exclusives is the PS3 at the moment. Most popular games are multiplatform nowadays(PS3/360/PC). Then again the same could be said for console missing out on significant PC only games. Boom... nailed it.

Research is moot when a person is already heavily invested in the trilogy on the original platform. I can't blame him, I didn't want to wait 6 months for Mass Effect 1 to come out on PC either. The disc swaps are a disappointment, but hardly a deal-breaker and well worth the trade-off.

Anyway, feel free to go back to trolling the thread or whatever it was you were doing. I have no interest in the rest of it.

#36 Posted by mazik765 (2315 posts) -

I'm around 30 hours in and have switched disks once....what is everyone doing wrong? :S

#37 Posted by Sgykah (95 posts) -

@ShadowSkill11:

The biggest advantage of playing on a console is not having to play with people like you. Seriously, i'll take the racist vitriol from a pre-pubescent boy over your elitist shit any day of the week.

In all honesty, my biggest reason for using a console is I like to keep the room I use to relax in separate from the room I do work in. Same concept as not doing work in your bed, it helps you sleep better. When I play games on my computer, I always feel like I could be doing more productive stuff. When I sit on my couch, I always think "ahh, all done. Time to relax with some brain mushing games/TV watching."

#38 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

@mazik765: THe side missions are on disc 2 for the most part, if you do the side missis ASAP as you get them then you are more likely to switch discs more time. The consequence of not switching discs to do the side missions is that they might disappear.

#39 Posted by mazik765 (2315 posts) -

@Dany said:

@mazik765: THe side missions are on disc 2 for the most part, if you do the side missis ASAP as you get them then you are more likely to switch discs more time. The consequence of not switching discs to do the side missions is that they might disappear.

I don't know....I've been doing side quests as well as story missions and I've only had to switch once on the 360 about 10 hours in and my current playtime is just shy of 30 hours.

#40 Edited by ShadowSkill11 (1783 posts) -

@onan said:

@ShadowSkill11 said:

@onan said:

@ShadowSkill11 said:

@ds8k said:

@ShadowSkill11: Don't waste your time. They'll never learn.

I know. Some kids just talk out of their ass without even having a clue what they are talking about. They hear word of mouth with their friends on the playground and they take it as truth.

Both platforms are valid, both have pros and cons. The ultimate trade off is that PC gamers miss out on a significant quantity of games that never come out for Windows, and console gamers mainly miss out on the potential quality of the experience. It's a trade off just like anything, and it's really just a matter of preference and what's important to you, although in all honesty, anyone without both is going to be missing out on something.

Considering you instigated all the negative replies with your playground taunting of the OP, you're really in no position to be mocking anyone else for acting like children.

What mocking? I merely pointed out that if he didn't want disc swapping he should have done his research and bought the PC version or even the PS3 version. Everything else was just correcting his/her incredibly wrong "facts" and treating him with all the reverance he deserved after being an ass. I treated it the same as if someone said something absurd like 2+2=5 or that women first popped up on the planet because a magic man in the sky cast a spell after performing surgery on a man. Perhaps you should go back and read the thread son.

As for PC's missing out on significant portions of games. The only console with more than a couple exclusives is the PS3 at the moment. Most popular games are multiplatform nowadays(PS3/360/PC). Then again the same could be said for console missing out on significant PC only games. Boom... nailed it.

Research is moot when a person is already heavily invested in the trilogy on the original platform. I can't blame him, I didn't want to wait 6 months for Mass Effect 1 to come out on PC either. The disc swaps are a disappointment, but hardly a deal-breaker and well worth the trade-off.

Anyway, feel free to go back to trolling the thread or whatever it was you were doing. I have no interest in the rest of it.

...and yet you respond again. If you didn't say something foolish there would have been no need to respond. Simple as that.

Anyways I believe I already pointed out earlier that if disc swapping was such a big problem he should have picked ME3 up on a different platform. Reading comprehension son. Try it.

#41 Edited by ShadowSkill11 (1783 posts) -

@Sgykah said:

@ShadowSkill11:

The biggest advantage of playing on a console is not having to play with people like you. Seriously, i'll take the racist vitriol from a pre-pubescent boy over your elitist shit any day of the week.

In all honesty, my biggest reason for using a console is I like to keep the room I use to relax in separate from the room I do work in. Same concept as not doing work in your bed, it helps you sleep better. When I play games on my computer, I always feel like I could be doing more productive stuff. When I sit on my couch, I always think "ahh, all done. Time to relax with some brain mushing games/TV watching."

You must not read too well. Someone complained about disc swapping, someone else pointed out that he should have picked a different platform if it was that big of a problem, then the the complainer listed a big list of falsehoods about pc gaming, then it was corrected. I don't see you're problem son.

If you don't want to hook your computer up to your entertainment center so you can sit on the couch. That's your problem.

#42 Posted by Sgykah (95 posts) -

@ShadowSkill11:

Wow. Being a PC elitist wasn't enough? You had to take a random jab at people's faith too? Seriously, you kinda suck. Is there a legal mute option IRL like there is for XBL?

#43 Posted by ShadowSkill11 (1783 posts) -

@Sgykah said:

@ShadowSkill11:

Wow. Being a PC elitist wasn't enough? You had to take a random jab at people's faith too? Seriously, you kinda suck. Is there a legal mute option IRL like there is for XBL?

Yeah it's called pressing delete when you get a reminder and not quoting the previous conversation. You must be new. Sorry I offended you about your magic genie in the sky.

#44 Posted by Sgykah (95 posts) -

@ShadowSkill11 said:

@Sgykah said:

@ShadowSkill11:

The biggest advantage of playing on a console is not having to play with people like you. Seriously, i'll take the racist vitriol from a pre-pubescent boy over your elitist shit any day of the week.

In all honesty, my biggest reason for using a console is I like to keep the room I use to relax in separate from the room I do work in. Same concept as not doing work in your bed, it helps you sleep better. When I play games on my computer, I always feel like I could be doing more productive stuff. When I sit on my couch, I always think "ahh, all done. Time to relax with some brain mushing games/TV watching."

You must not read too well. Someone complained about disc swapping, someone else pointed out that he should have picked a different platform if it was that big of a problem, then the the complainer listed a big list of falsehoods about pc gaming, then it was corrected. I don't see you're problem son.

If you don't want to hook your computer up to your entertainment center so you can sit on the couch. That's your problem.

Forum posts too hard to keep track of? Maybe your favorite gaming platform is an etch a sketch.

#45 Posted by ShadowSkill11 (1783 posts) -

@Sgykah said:

@ShadowSkill11 said:

@Sgykah said:

@ShadowSkill11:

The biggest advantage of playing on a console is not having to play with people like you. Seriously, i'll take the racist vitriol from a pre-pubescent boy over your elitist shit any day of the week.

In all honesty, my biggest reason for using a console is I like to keep the room I use to relax in separate from the room I do work in. Same concept as not doing work in your bed, it helps you sleep better. When I play games on my computer, I always feel like I could be doing more productive stuff. When I sit on my couch, I always think "ahh, all done. Time to relax with some brain mushing games/TV watching."

You must not read too well. Someone complained about disc swapping, someone else pointed out that he should have picked a different platform if it was that big of a problem, then the the complainer listed a big list of falsehoods about pc gaming, then it was corrected. I don't see you're problem son.

If you don't want to hook your computer up to your entertainment center so you can sit on the couch. That's your problem.

Forum posts too hard to keep track of? Maybe your favorite gaming platform is an etch a sketch.

Whatever you say little one. Now you aren't even making sense or staying on topic. Oh kids...

#46 Posted by Sgykah (95 posts) -

@ShadowSkill11 said:

@Sgykah said:

@ShadowSkill11 said:

@Sgykah said:

@ShadowSkill11:

The biggest advantage of playing on a console is not having to play with people like you. Seriously, i'll take the racist vitriol from a pre-pubescent boy over your elitist shit any day of the week.

In all honesty, my biggest reason for using a console is I like to keep the room I use to relax in separate from the room I do work in. Same concept as not doing work in your bed, it helps you sleep better. When I play games on my computer, I always feel like I could be doing more productive stuff. When I sit on my couch, I always think "ahh, all done. Time to relax with some brain mushing games/TV watching."

You must not read too well. Someone complained about disc swapping, someone else pointed out that he should have picked a different platform if it was that big of a problem, then the the complainer listed a big list of falsehoods about pc gaming, then it was corrected. I don't see you're problem son.

If you don't want to hook your computer up to your entertainment center so you can sit on the couch. That's your problem.

Forum posts too hard to keep track of? Maybe your favorite gaming platform is an etch a sketch.

Whatever you say little one. Now you aren't even making sense or staying on topic. Oh kids...

1) the original complainer wasn't the one with the list. L2Forum

2) not insulted by your views on God, insulted by the insinuation that you consider yourself one of the enlightened few who's on the side of science. you know, science, it's that way of thinking where you can prove one thing more likely than another but can never disprove anything. if you're wondering why that's important i'll enlighten you: if you say something is proven wrong, you end up making silly mistakes like saying that protein diseases could never, ever be transmitted. look into the initial problems of the guy who said prions are the source of some encephalopathies.

#47 Edited by ShadowSkill11 (1783 posts) -

@Sgykah said:

@ShadowSkill11 said:

@Sgykah said:

@ShadowSkill11 said:

@Sgykah said:

@ShadowSkill11:

The biggest advantage of playing on a console is not having to play with people like you. Seriously, i'll take the racist vitriol from a pre-pubescent boy over your elitist shit any day of the week.

In all honesty, my biggest reason for using a console is I like to keep the room I use to relax in separate from the room I do work in. Same concept as not doing work in your bed, it helps you sleep better. When I play games on my computer, I always feel like I could be doing more productive stuff. When I sit on my couch, I always think "ahh, all done. Time to relax with some brain mushing games/TV watching."

You must not read too well. Someone complained about disc swapping, someone else pointed out that he should have picked a different platform if it was that big of a problem, then the the complainer listed a big list of falsehoods about pc gaming, then it was corrected. I don't see you're problem son.

If you don't want to hook your computer up to your entertainment center so you can sit on the couch. That's your problem.

Forum posts too hard to keep track of? Maybe your favorite gaming platform is an etch a sketch.

Whatever you say little one. Now you aren't even making sense or staying on topic. Oh kids...

1) the original complainer wasn't the one with the list. L2Forum

2) not insulted by your views on God, insulted by the insinuation that you consider yourself one of the enlightened few who's on the side of science. you know, science, it's that way of thinking where you can prove one thing more likely than another but can never disprove anything. if you're wondering why that's important i'll enlighten you: if you say something is proven wrong, you end up making silly mistakes like saying that protein diseases could never, ever be transmitted. look into the initial problems of the guy who said prions are the source of some encephalopathies.

Jesus Fucking Christ in the ass. You again? What does this have to do with Mass Effect, consoles, or pc's? Seriously get a hobby kid. I'm not your friend. Go away.

#48 Posted by jillsandwich (762 posts) -

You spell Disc with a K. I already have no fucking desire to listen to what you have to say.

#49 Posted by benspyda (2033 posts) -

I have a beast computer now and I feel very meh about it. PC gaming is fairly overrated by people who spend a lot of money and try to convince themselves they made the right choice. I've been bouncy between PC and console gaming for years and I feel consoles have been the best experience overall.

Best thing about PC gaming for me is Steam and playing old games, but its not the be all end all. Faster load times is also great but just a little bonus.

I played ME3 on console, and disc swapping or performance are not the key issues with that game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.