Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Does the Demo spoil Mass Effect 2?

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Delphic

In order to get ready for the big release I'm trying to hoof my way through ME2, but earlier today I saw some clips for the ME3 Demo and I really want to play it, but I don't want it to spoil my experience with ME2. Can I still play the demo and enjoy ME2 or should I just Play ME2 and wait for the ME3 release?

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Getz

If by spoil you mean create a jarring fissure between the choices you've made in previous games and what actually happens in the story, then yes. But that's not what you meant, so the answer is no, not really. Except a brief mention about Wrex's deal during ME2.

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Delphic

@Getz: Is the Demo worth playing or should I just wait?

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By SomeDeliCook

If you're already in the middle of playing ME2, just take your time and beat it just before ME3 comes out. It comes out right around the corner so don't just play a cut preview portion of it while you're still playing its prequel.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Raven10

Well I played the demo and had no clue what was going on and I played Mass Effect 2. I'm pretty sure the Arrival DLC is what will be ruined if you play the demo as that is the only part of Mass Effect 2 I haven't played and I assume it explains what happens between the end of 2 and that demo. But I wouldn't say there are any major spoilers. It doesn't mention The Collectors or anything so if you haven't played the second game that whole story line still will remain a mystery for you. I'd say play it but note that it doesn't import your saves from the first two games so if you didn't take the path it assumed you took then it might not really feel like your Mass Effect.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Getz

@Delphic said:

@Getz: Is the Demo worth playing or should I just wait?

If you're on the fence about the multiplayer additions, then you should definitely play that part of the demo to understand exactly what it is and if you'll like it. If you're dead-set on buying ME3 regardless then just skip the demo because the single-player portion is brief and you're just going to see it again anyway.

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Delphic

@Getz: @Raven10: @SomeDeliCook: Okay, Thanks for the input guys. I think I'm just going to skip the demo and keep on playing ME2 because I'm really enjoying it so far. Actually can't wait till I get done with work today so I can go play a little more of it.

Oh and as for the multiplayer portions I've never really cared about anything consisting of multiplayer, because I rarely have a strong enough connection to support it without dropping me out of the in game lobby. I would personally fix it myself, but since I'm not paying the bill, it's not my router.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Marz

The demo is good, it doesn't spoil much other than giving you a glimpse of what characters are returning to your squad...  SPOILER WARNING: Click here to reveal hidden content.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By zombie2011

@Marz said:

The demo is good, it doesn't spoil much other than giving you a glimpse of what characters are returning to your squad... SPOILER WARNING: Click here to reveal hidden content.
    The reaper invasion probably isn't a spoiler either since we know that they have been planning it since the first game.

I heard the demo has a spoiler in it. So i'm not playing it, i thought i didn't care about spoilers until someone spoiled RDR for me then i realized that i kinda do care even if it is a small spoiler.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.