Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

"Earth Is Burning" In Mass Effect 3

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#201  Edited By xyzygy

Yes. Please make this more like ME1 and put more RPG elements in it. ME2 was barely an RPG at all. 

Wait. I just looked at the summary for this... if it's true, you'll be rallying more people together in this game to fight the Reapers -_- 

That's basically the exact same thing you did in ME2. Let's hope this is only true to some degree.

PokeIkzai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#202  Edited By PokeIkzai
    The thing with Mass Effect 1 is, I do believe they could port over the PC edition because that one is not owned by Microsoft. 

Edit: which of course they won't because it would be so expensive BUT I don't think that would be legally prohibited.
    Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#203  Edited By Driadon
    @DeeGee: Thank you for this. These are some great answers to some great questions, and actually kind of gets me interested in reading some of the Mass Effect books...
    Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By Aetheldod
    @sear:  Ok I was very rude back there and I apologize , but when you attack my favorite game I just went bunkers .... The only one I will give you up is Mordin getting the collector bug , thats indeed a plot hole , as for the rest DeeGee already answered. Just one thing Cerberus has never claimed to be a terrorist group , just a pro human group , also cerberus has a lot of military 'shady' connections , etc. If everything about the reapers was explained in the first game then what would we discover in the third game? I do belive you are being extremely nitpicking regarding the story in ME2 , you have explained your reasons why you do it and ok I ' ll drop the silly name calling and chill out.
    Tankhammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By Tankhammer

Hot damn I had a feeling Earth was going to come under attack in this one. I knew there was a reason they never let you visit there and only gave you teasing images.

Here's hoping that the world doesn't look as pre-fab and mass-produced as the rest of the Mass Effect planets. I wanna see some old-style architecture.

sandweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#206  Edited By sandweed
    @Driadon:  Don't get the books. I love ME, but the books are rubbish.
    DoomedMello12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By DoomedMello12
    @PlasmaBeam44: I assume they are referring to the Collectors, considering they are a race of machines. 
    jagenheim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#208  Edited By jagenheim
    @BeachThunder said:
    " Uhh.  Maybe I'll just reply Mass Effect 1 three times. "
    You had to replay it three times just to get the achievements. The other 10+ times were for fun... 
    jagenheim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By jagenheim
    @Driadon said:
    "  and actually kind of gets me interested in reading some of the Mass Effect books... "
    I can really recommend the Mass Effect books. Often videogame related books feels like paid fan-fiction, but following Saren and Anderson in the first book felt 'Mass Effect-y'. 
    Frostler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 7

#210  Edited By Frostler

Finally get to go to Earth I see, I'm officially excited for this

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#211  Edited By FreakAche
    @DoomedMello12 said:
    " @PlasmaBeam44: I assume they are referring to the Collectors, considering they are a race of machines.  "
    Do you mean the Reapers? The Collectors weren't machines, they were genetically modified Protheans.
    haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#212  Edited By haggis

I'm actually hoping they copy Assassin's Creed Brotherhood a bit and let us use the very large supporting cast on missions (the post-game in Shadow Broker plays with this somewhat, but not very deeply). That way we could be involved in all those other places without actually having to be there. As for Earth, though ... I'm unsure about this. We've always been able to visit, but other than a short mission on the Moon and a dumb Uranus joke, there's never been much to do there. I'm not opposed to this, but I'd rather not have a large amount of the game on Earth.

Now, immediately my mind is already working, and I'm wondering ... would they be bold enough to destroy Earth outright at the beginning? Leave the off-world humans the only ones left to survive? I mean, this is the team that blew up the Normandy and spaced Commander Shepard in the first few minutes of Mass Effect 2. That would be a great setup for future non-Shepard Mass Effect games. But no, they won't do that. That's be pretty cool, though. Humans could save the day and yet be removed from their dominant position at the same time...

stephengotlost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By stephengotlost

Mass Effect 3 was already announced in the loading screens for ME2

alcamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#214  Edited By alcamin

Considering my love for the previous games I actually feel like I'm already at peak excitement for the third one. In fact, I was excited about ME3 before I had even finished ME2, although I suppose that's just another reflection of my love for the series (have I mentioned that?).   
    It always seemed a bit strange that you could never have any interaction with the home worlds (apart from the Moon mission in ME1), although I suppose it just wasn't necessary or relevant to the story, so the idea that we will have the chance to see Earth, whatever state it's in, would be an exciting addition to the series. Looking forward to hearing more info in the future. Don't let us down, Bioware!  

Also,   

@FreakAche said:

" @DoomedMello12 said:

" @PlasmaBeam44: I assume they are referring to the Collectors, considering they are a race of machines.  "
    Do you mean the Reapers? The Collectors weren't machines, they were genetically modified Protheans. "
    What he said! :)
    GrandMarshal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#215  Edited By GrandMarshal

pre ordering unannounced games is the future.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#216  Edited By SMTDante89

Holiday 2011, confirmed on VGAs

Kontrapunkt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#217  Edited By Kontrapunkt

Result is the correct word if this is some sort of marketing ploy. At any rate, hooray! Exciting.

EnchantedEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 6

#218  Edited By EnchantedEcho

Not exactly unannounced considering that they said a trailer would be shown for this game at the VGA's a few weeks ago.

GhostlyEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By GhostlyEnigma

I'm going to burn BioWare's studio down to the ground if they add a multi-player component.

Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#220  Edited By Mrnitropb

My psychic powers predict a November release. 

GiantEnemy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By GiantEnemy

Rally the civilisations, eh? sounds like more dialogue based comabt!

mewarmo990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By mewarmo990

So are we going to spend all of Mass Effect 3 trying to get the rest of the galaxy to care?

Jugglerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By Jugglerman

That should be pretty fun, yea espeically because nobody really cared about the Council after the first game. Heck, I didn't even care about them in the first game anyways :) 

Renegade FTW!

TheLongshot45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By TheLongshot45

Groovy. 

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By unsolvedparadox

SHEPARD!!!

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#226  Edited By mracoon

Very hyped for this game but it better not involve recruiting new teammates because I've already done that twice now.

joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By joeybagad0nutz
    @mracoon said:
    "Very hyped for this game but it better not involve recruiting new teammates because I've already done that twice now. "

Nope. This time, I bet you, you are going to recruit entitre civilizations to join your side.
    MaddProdigy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By MaddProdigy
    @haggis:  Dude I totally agree you should be able to send members of your team on missions and upgrade them in a Brotherhood-ish way, that would be awesome and it fits the game so perfectly.

As far as I remember humans are in no way in a dominant position, in fact they tend to get bitched on quite a bit by the other races in the Mass Effect universe. They're more like young upstarts. Also, the game description says Shepherd must mount an attack to re-take Earth, it won't get destroyed in the first few minutes. On top of that, the Bioware guys seems intelligent enough not to use the same game starting hook again, like you said we've already seen a main character die in the first 2 minutes. 

As for my opinion of this, I'm stoked. It's a little weak to learn plot this way instead of an epic trailer, but any info about Mass Effect is good info to have.
    Marius138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Marius138

The trailer was f-ing epic!

haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By haggis
    @MaddProdigy:  Well, you're right about not getting destroyed right away. As for humans not being in a dominant position, I guess it depends on how you finished ME1. In Bioware's "canonical" ending, Shepard lets the council die and humans basically take over. But that's not necessarily how everyone played it.

@mracoon said:
    " Very hyped for this game but it better not involve recruiting new teammates because I've already done that twice now. "
    I think it will be more along the lines of using people you already recruited to help convince other races to join the fight. The setup is pretty transparent: we know the races in play, their conflicts, and have allies in each of them. The question will be how to resolve, say, the Quarian-Geth conflict (three obvious options: recruit either by aiding one against the other, resulting in either the Quarians or Geth as allies, or somehow resolving the situation that allies both of them with you). This structure has been pretty clear from the beginning of the first game.

I know there's a lot of disappointment with this structure, and I suppose they could have changed things up a bit, but it's not all that different from most other games, where we're forced through the motions of recruiting/persuading people to join up for a final battle. In fact, just about every RPG is like this. Collect the Eight Sacred Objects so as to destroy the Big Bad Guy. Yadda yadda. Not terribly original, I know.
    mithhunter55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By mithhunter55

I was late to the mass effect party.. I love the universe now! Glad that they are released on PC.

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
    charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

But can I have some hot alien sex on top of scorched earth?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.