Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

EDI's fate in ME3 (May be spoilers in here)

Avatar image for kristov_romanov
    kristov_romanov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By kristov_romanov

I kinda like EDI a lot, and Tricia Helfer has said she is recording lines for ME3.

I am wondering what has happened her now that the new Normandy is back in Alliance hands. Is she shackled again, or as trusted as any other member of the crew? Or is she in some AI lab being examined?

Anyone who has read the novels would know what the Alliance think of AI research, versus the greater Citadel council's ideas.

Would be great to hear if anyone else is interested in her fate.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By PhatSeeJay

If she's as clever as she seems: she will bargain with them. Keep her integrated and unharmed, or she'll wipe that Cerberus data. Besides, I'm sure she's proven her use in defending the ship.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By FreakAche
    @kristov_romanov: I haven't gotten around to reading the ME novels. What exactly is the Alliance stance on AI?
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By Yummylee

Shove that sultry voice down the body of an android! Better yet, put her AI into the robo doggy.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Dany

The Alliance simply took the SR2 and simply remodeled it to suit Alliance Designs, EDI is still in the game

kristov_romanov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kristov_romanov

@FreakAche: They did illegal research into AI in the first book after finding some reaper tech. It explains how Saren got into his whole situation.

When the Council found out about the research the Alliance received heavy fines and

@Dany
    said:

The Alliance simply took the SR2 and simply remodeled it to suit Alliance Designs, EDI is still in the game

I know she will be back in it, I am wondering in what capacity though. This, from Game Informer via the Mass Effect wiki, piqued my interest: 

The Normandy SR-2 will return in Mass Effect 3, and it has been claimed by the Systems Alliance, who has taken the ship apart, studied it, and then rebuilt it with new technologies and new areas.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Pibo47
    @Abyssfull said:
    Shove that sultry voice down the body of an android! Better yet, put her AI into the robo doggy.
    Oh god. A romance with a robot dog...
    Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Teran
    @PhatSeeJay said:
    If she's as clever as she seems: she will bargain with them. Keep her integrated and unharmed, or she'll wipe that Cerberus data. Besides, I'm sure she's proven her use in defending the ship.
    No not really.  She didn't really use 90% of the stuff we were told she could...

She did prove her use in helping Joker though.
    PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By PhatSeeJay

@Teran said:

@PhatSeeJay said:
    No not really. She didn't really use 90% of the stuff we were told she could... She did prove her use in helping Joker though.

She also protected the ship's system from getting permanently friend when they boarded the collector ship as well. She's proven her use to me.

kristov_romanov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kristov_romanov
    fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By fjordson

^Lmao. Nailed it.

EDI was awesome. My love for Tricia Helfer could be slightly clouding my judgment, but she became one of my favourite characters in the entire trilogy in ME 3.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@kristov_romanov said:

@Abyssfull said:

Shove that sultry voice down the body of an android!

I was going through some of my old posts and saw this again

Well, given her previous role in BattleStar Galactica, predicting that might happen seems pretty obvious in hindsight (not that I was expecting it).

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#13  Edited By KowalskiManDown

SHE WAS INDOCTRINATED ALL ALONG!!!!! THEORIZE!!!

Seriously though, as far as my ending is concerned...

She's no different than anyone else, cos I chose synthesis.

Also, keep in mind that they'll be developing more content than just the ending stuff, so it's possible that whatever she is recording is for another piece of DLC.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.