Face Import glitch to be patched!

#1 Posted by Yummylee (21200 posts) -

Sauceh.

Which I'm glad to hear, even if it's a little too late... I was pretty peeved after losing my Shepard's (all 5 of 'em) face, but frankly given how automated a lot his/her dialogue is anyway, I'll never be able to play with the same fidelity as I did during the original two. It's totally shot down my motivation to play through with each and every Shepard. Not to mention an ending that barely takes any of your choices into account as well... I've pretty much settled with doing a straight paragon & renegade run and leaving it at that instead. I suppose this patch is a step in the right direction all the same. I'm sure plenty of people wouldn't dare go through without their Shepard's face. I was almost one of 'em, but I swallowed my pride and decided that I wanna play me some damned Mass Effect 3.

#2 Posted by AndrewB (7436 posts) -

And it's too late for my female Shepard... unless it's a retroactive fix (it isn't). I envy anyone who had the patience to wait it out, but since even now there's no timeframe for said patch, I wasn't about to *not* play, either.

#3 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

Yeh, I ended up giving in and using the workaround to 'recreate' my Shepard's face. This patch just did not come out quick enough, especially for something that shouldn't have even needed patching in the first place. More strength to anybody who has actually waited, but I feel like about 80% of people who are Mass Effect fans have already played and beat it at this point.

Too little too late.

#4 Posted by probablytuna (3521 posts) -

Yeah I agree it's too late to fix now, I'm used to the new Shepard face I made to go back.... However, I can still make full use of this fix for my FemShep.

#5 Posted by Scofthe7seas (45 posts) -

I don't get what took so long to fix it in the first place? I mean, I know "the internet" is smart, but they had a workaround damned near day one. I was able to import my Shepard's face to a satisfactory degree. I don't get what could have been so hard for Bioware, who had access and knowledge regarding their own code. I mean, I can see how a bug like this slips by, most play testing was done in an environment that didn't start with ME1 faces, but still, it couldn't be that hard to fix.

#6 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@Scofthe7seas said:

I mean, I can see how a bug like this slips by, most play testing was done in an environment that didn't start with ME1 faces, but still, it couldn't be that hard to fix.

If this was a bug that affected any of the new players they so desperately wanted to capture the attention of for ME3 it would have been patched within a few days.

#7 Posted by Scofthe7seas (45 posts) -

@Sooty said:

If this was a bug that affected any of the new players they so desperately wanted to capture the attention of for ME3 it would have been patched within a few days.

Are there such "new players" as you speak of? I literally have a hard time imagining a person saying, "Oh, the third one in a series I've never played before. That's the one for me!"
#8 Posted by StarvingGamer (7898 posts) -
@Scofthe7seas

@Sooty said:

Are there such "new players" as you speak of? I literally have a hard time imagining a person saying, "Oh, the third one in a series I've never played before. That's the one for me!"
Well I've heard that ME3 sold more copies week one than ME1 and 2 combined? Also ME3 is the first game in the series for Ice T.

Back on topic, it's good that they're patching it out and it should never have hit retail to begin with, but I don't understand all these people who are saying they delayed playing ME3 because of it. It seems like if it was that important to them, they'd spare a moment to go online and look for a solution. That's what I did and it took me no more than 5 minutes total to Google a fix and recover both of my ME1 faces for ME3. And I did this a week before the game was even out.
#9 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1544 posts) -

Well, that's good. I still have yet to play it. I might start after this patch.

#10 Posted by Vonocourt (2116 posts) -

As I said mulitple times, I just went through believing that after some time from the surgical reconstruction cereberus did during the second game, my lady sheperd's face was starting to fall apart at the seams. Couple of hours in, didn't bother me at all.

If I ever play it through with my renegade character, I'll totally do it.

#11 Edited by Capum15 (4789 posts) -

My Shepard looked less weird due to this bug, but still similar enough that it never bothered me. Though this will be nice when I go for an Infiltrator run later.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.