Favorite cut scene

#1 Posted by gregjay24 (31 posts) -

I know there is thread for favorite moment but I wanted to make this one a little more specific.

No matter what you thought of the game, this game is full of amazing/dramatic/epic cut scenes. I wanted to hear what everyone's favorite was and for what reason (action, meaning, other).

I have a couple favorites. One has to be be Mordin's death. This one will obviously be a favorite but his death was just epic, the singing the explosions the redemption it was great. One that a little less talked about was the one at the Ardat Yakshi monastery. When one of Samara's daughters stays behind and those banshees swarm her she has the trigger in her hands the banshee impales her then she does one of those 'screw you' moments and blows it to bits was great. I really liked it cause you got an up close looks at those banshee and it was pretty freaky, it had an emotional side to it cause I think Samara's pretty awesome (annoying how you can't romance her but its part of Justicar Code i think) and she loses one of her daughters and the other one is freaking out, and finally the epicness of when she blows the monastery up.

#2 Posted by TheHT (11784 posts) -

Renegade interrupt Kai Leng.

#3 Posted by RE_Player1 (7526 posts) -

The one with the red explosion.

#4 Posted by Sackmanjones (4761 posts) -

The final fleet battle and when the thresher maw takes down the reaper. Fuckin awesome. Now if you'll excuse me I need to go play more mass effect 3

#5 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5154 posts) -
#6 Posted by ExplodeMode (852 posts) -
@Mr_Skeleton: You don't break his sword.  Same thing, mostly.
#7 Posted by Quarters (1861 posts) -

@ExplodeMode said:

@Mr_Skeleton: You don't break his sword. Same thing, mostly.

To be more exact, you dodge his attack and he impales his sword in the console, and then you turn around and shiv him. Just a more defensive version of it, pretty decent.

As for the question at hand...hm. Really not sure, as there were a lot of really excellent ones. In terms of emotion, I'd have to say the hospital scene with Thane. In terms of just action, honestly there's too many. All the action scenes were top notch. The final fleet battle was a stand out, however.

#8 Posted by DeShawn2ks (1058 posts) -

@gregjay24: You should really play that whole Mordin scene straight renegade. I am going through it now on my renegade play through and honestly I have never felt so shitty while playing a game.

#9 Posted by JackSukeru (5964 posts) -

There were scenes cut from the game?

I'm joking.

#10 Posted by big_jon (5783 posts) -

The part where the thresher maw fights the Reaper

The little boy in Shepard's mind dieing

The funeral for Eve

Crazy space ship battles with Dreadnoughts and Reapers

#11 Edited by eroticfishcake (7792 posts) -

Not quite cut scenes but there is some funny dialogue with Mordin singing to Eve, him advising sex advice to Joker and then Shepard talking to Kaidan and Vega at the poker table right after killing the Reaper with the laser designator. Flirting with Tali aboard the Geth dreadnought with Garrus standing in the background grants some chuckle material.

#12 Posted by ShaggE (6700 posts) -

I really liked Shepard giving Tali that rock so that she could "take her home with her", as well as the Thresher Maw taking the Reaper out.

#13 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
 "Well.. I suppose I did just write your name in the stars."
#14 Posted by ZimboDK (843 posts) -

Definitely the final battle where all the Alliance ships warp in. Extremely impressive.

Also

@eroticfishcake said:

Flirting with Tali aboard the Geth dreadnought with Garrus standing in the background grants some chuckle material.

I had a good laugh at that.
#15 Posted by DillonWerner (1520 posts) -

@TheHT said:

Yeah, fuck that bitch. I hate him after what he did.

#16 Posted by LibraryDues (335 posts) -

"Tali'Zorah, does this... unit... have..."

"Yes. Yes, it does."

#17 Posted by Jimbo (9992 posts) -

Mordin's exit was by far the standout moment in the game for me.  Really the only particularly memorable scene I can think of to be honest.  Going into the Geth server thing and seeing Legion pick up his rifle was kinda neat too.

#18 Posted by ahgunsillyo (458 posts) -
@AhmadMetallic
I really liked this moment as well. My Shepard romanced Liara throughout the series, so this scene and the last time they "Embrace Eternity" before the final battle were rather powerful to me.

There were a whole bunch of moments throughout the game that really stood out to me. The Reaper/Thresher Maw battle, Mordin's final sacrifice, the final moments of the Krogan and Quarian storylines where the old Mass Effect 1 music plays (the moment with Tali was especially poignant).

And, of course, the return to the Sol System where the Normandy emerges from the Mass Relay followed by EVERY FLEET IN THE ENTIRE GALAXY. So awesome.
#19 Posted by gregjay24 (31 posts) -

yeah i saw what happened on youtube. it is the most heartless renegade choice in the series besides maybe killing wrex

#20 Posted by Codeacious (960 posts) -
@TheHT

I'm so happy this was the first reply to the thread. Only time I ever hit a renegade interrupt in ME2 or 3, and I'm so glad I did.
#21 Posted by Doctorchimp (4055 posts) -

@isnipeyoudie said:

@TheHT

I'm so happy this was the first reply to the thread. Only time I ever hit a renegade interrupt in ME2 or 3, and I'm so glad I did.

You didn't renegade interrupt Udina on the Citadel? How did that play out?

I honestly thought he was going to shoot a counselor if I didn't shoot him first.

Also Mordin's ending is pretty amazing, I thought the Kai Leng was hokey.

#22 Posted by DemiGodRaven (276 posts) -

I liked the Garrus/Shep shooting competition on the citadel.

#23 Posted by UlquioKani (1182 posts) -

@Doctorchimp said:

@isnipeyoudie said:

@TheHT

You didn't renegade interrupt Udina on the Citadel? How did that play out?

I honestly thought he was going to shoot a counselor if I didn't shoot him first.

Also Mordin's ending is pretty amazing, I thought the Kai Leng was hokey.

Ashley/Kaiden shoots him

#24 Posted by briangodsoe (484 posts) -

@TheHT said:

yep

#25 Edited by Mesklinite (816 posts) -

@Jimbo said:

Mordin's exit was by far the standout moment in the game for me. Really the only particularly memorable scene I can think of to be honest. Going into the Geth server thing and seeing Legion pick up his rifle was kinda neat too.

Mordin was my favorite as well. And Thane vs Kai Leng.

#26 Edited by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1733 posts) -

This one without a doubt, a triumph of intelligent writing, world class voice actors and technical prowess.  
#27 Posted by Turambar (6893 posts) -

I'm Garrus Valkirian, and this is my favorite spot on the Citadel.

#28 Posted by golguin (4045 posts) -

Mordin's death.

#29 Posted by JeanLuc (3608 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

That'd one of my favorite moments in the game, if not the whole series.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.