Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Firewalker Arcade pre-ME 3 DLC?

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

So I've been playing through the Firewalker stuff & I was wondering
    if they might make an arcade pre-release using that driving, blasting
    game prior to ME 3 coming out?  Man that would be a lot of fun to 
    spend a lot of time doing combat on Earth with assault vehicles
    prior to the game coming out.

It also seems to me that the Firewalker should have played a bigger
    role in ME2.  They basically removed a layer of game by not allowing
    us to move around on the terrain & blast missiles & so on. As they 
    did in ME1.  I hope that is brought back to some degree in ME3 &
    isn't just turned into a choose-your-own movie with a few gun
    scenes that you might control a tiny bit.

Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Edwardryu

even technology goes advanced, there is no way you can just drive over 90 degree. it just doesn't make any sense. that's why I like physics for hammerhead. it's more realistic. honestly mass effect 1 ruined something. for example, you can't have unlimited ammunition. without heat sink, you can't just shoot continually. combat system in ME 1 is all crap even RPG element is still important. 

DEMONOLOGY_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By DEMONOLOGY_24

thq seems to be doing the arcade spinoff stuff so if I had to quess no.
    Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

I want a Mako arcade game!

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

God I hope not.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
    @Edwardryu said:
    even technology goes advanced, there is no way you can just drive over 90 degree. it just doesn't make any sense. that's why I like physics for hammerhead. it's more realistic. honestly mass effect 1 ruined something. for example, you can't have unlimited ammunition. without heat sink, you can't just shoot continually. combat system in ME 1 is all crap even RPG element is still important. 
    @Rufi91: @Mr_Skeleton

We gotta have it!  What kind of fuckin' sci-fi RPG offers spaceships & squad-based ground
    combat but then avoids the actual vehicles used to move around?? Something that should be
    used & taken for granted in any sci-fi universe.  I want the Hammerhead to be the vehicle that
    moves one from space to ground, albeit you actually have to fucking fly or hover through the
    ground to get where you're going.  Otherwise, they're kinda fuckin' up the overall GAME 
    experience.  It is a game before it's an interactive movie after all.
    Dookysharpgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Dookysharpgun

I think it'd be a pretty good idea to employ the Hammerhead into ME3 on a more permanent basis. Seriously, I hated some of the recruit character missions, and was worn out until firewalker and Overlord, along with Lair of the Shadow Broker came out. They changed up the gameplay and actually made the game interesting again. It'd be a nice addition to the game if we could break up the on-foot shooty bits with some vehicle based shooty bits, so we could actually view the planets of ME3 in greater detail. I mean who didn't like the breathtaking views planet-side when you were driving the Mako? 

I'd also like to point out that Mass Effect is a videogame. Better still, its Sci-Fi. That right there should tell most realism junkies enough that they realise ME doesn't need to base itself in logic, christ, you're the type of people who cancelled the shuttle missions and still haven't made me a flying car...get to it dammit, then we can talk!

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By project343

@Edwardryu said:

Via the Mass Effect wiki:

Mass Effect infantry weapons use mass accelerator technology. The guns shave a bullet the size of a grain of sand off a dense block of metal stored in the gun, decrease its mass with a mass effect field, and fire the projectile at supersonic velocities. Weapons also collapse into themselves for easier transportation.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.