Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Free Extended Cut Soundtrack

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

Have any interest in the Extended Cut Soundtrack? Download it for free here. All you need is a BioWare Social account which you probably have anyways if you played ME3.

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By SmasheControllers

Nice, thanks for the heads up.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By veektarius

I'm still working my way through the ME series (I'm only about halfway through 2)... how much a soundtrack does the EC entail?

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By kermoosh

i never understood the point of movie/game soundtracks. it's not the same without the awesome action or dramatic scene going along with it

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RE_Player1

I don't want any part of this extended cut bullshit. This was the plan all along and even thinking about it makes me lose respect for Bioware.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By AngelN7

@kermoosh said:

i never understood the point of movie/game soundtracks. it's not the same without the awesome action or dramatic scene going along with it

I don't know some tracks are really memorable without having the custscene/gameplay, kinda getting you in the mood of that cool moment in the game. This is one my favorites it plays a lot of times during combat scenarios in ME2 and ME3 .

MikeRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MikeRD
    @Veektarius said:

I'm still working my way through the ME series (I'm only about halfway through 2)... how much a soundtrack does the EC entail?

7 tracks and roughly 17 minutes worth of stuff that's specific to the free Extended Cut DLC they released for ME3. One of the tracks is a a redone, longer version of an ME3 track. Another I believe was part of the original ME3 game, but wasn't part of the downloadable soundtrack that came with the collector's edition, and the other 5 I think are entirely specific to the EC, but I'm not at all sure of that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@kermoosh

Dude, good music is good music. The Illusive Man or Jack are great tracks irrespective of their origins. Noveria especially is awesome.
    kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kermoosh

@AngelN7 said:

@kermoosh said:

I don't know some tracks are really memorable without having the custscene/gameplay, kinda getting you in the mood of that cool moment in the game. This is one my favorites it plays a lot of times during combat scenarios in ME2 and ME3 .

well i have an exception as well. the music from the me2 launch trailer. however that was already an established song

and with the video you posted, i like it when it plays in-game but can't listen to it on my ipod or something, just doesn't get to me i guess

jaycrockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By jaycrockett

Game soundtracks are great for background music because they are designed not to be too intrusive. I tend to use game soundtracks as background music when I'm tabletop gaming.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.