Free Rebellion Pack Multiplayer DLC is Now Available

#1 Edited by SpaceInsomniac (3556 posts) -

So what does everyone think of the new maps, classes, and weapons? How about the new gear types and new objective?

Right now, I've only unlocked the Vorcha sentinel, but I think it's a really good class. It's fantastic to have health regeneration, and that flame thrower can burn through armor like crazy. The powers recharge quite quickly as well, so it's an excellent class to use with a claymore, widow, or some other extremely heavy weapon.

#2 Posted by SmasheControllers (2544 posts) -

Yeah it's great. I unlocked both Vorcha and Quarian Engineer.

#3 Posted by Marz (5642 posts) -

Going to give it a whirl since Diablo 3 is having server troubles right now :(

#4 Posted by Brodehouse (9586 posts) -

So the packs are unlocking properly? Last time it took a day for the new stuff to actually be obtainable.

#5 Posted by Yummylee (21254 posts) -

Man, everyone's joining the party. I wonder when they'll open up playable Sovereign/Harbinger classes.

#6 Posted by Marz (5642 posts) -

@Brodehouse said:

So the packs are unlocking properly? Last time it took a day for the new stuff to actually be obtainable.

i just got a Cerberus Harrier from a spectre pack... i'm guessing it's a new weapon from this new DLC.

#7 Posted by SmasheControllers (2544 posts) -

@Marz: It's the only new N7 weapon, does it deserve that?

#8 Posted by JeanLuc (3572 posts) -

Man I wish some of these new weapons and powers were in the singleplayer. Imagine Shepard using those energy whips!

#9 Posted by Marz (5642 posts) -

@SmasheControllers said:

@Marz: It's the only new N7 weapon, does it deserve that?

what do you mean? does it destroy things? yeah it does, runs out of ammo fast though.

#10 Posted by sate2801 (344 posts) -

just spent 800k credits on permium

got a quarian infiltrator(male), that exploding sniper rifle and some of those gear slot thingie

quarian infil's tactical scan is kinda like hunter's mark in WoW. you mark a single target, everyone can see it through walls and it takes more damage

and that sniper rifle is like a more powerful failcon with a scope, only downside is the low reserve ammo(3/9 rounds even with thermal clip V) and like failcon it doesn't work well if you're not the room host.

#11 Posted by SmasheControllers (2544 posts) -

@sate2801: Friday's patch is suppose to fix the firing blanks bug, along with dozens of other bugs.

#12 Posted by Rawrz (590 posts) -

Havnt played around with any of the new classes but the maps are pretty cool.

#13 Posted by pweidman (2298 posts) -

The maps are fine, but I like the new 'retrieve the item' objective even more. They should put in more of these types of varied objectives in future paks. Saw a dude w/the whip last night; pretty outrageous...but in a good way though.

#14 Posted by SmasheControllers (2544 posts) -

After playing with each of the new classes, I'll say that Vorcha is my favorite.

Either Vorcha are the best tanks, better than Korgans, and they're the only "melee" class that have an evade move. Bloodlust allows you to spec as a tank, regenerating health super fast, or a monster of melee combatant, with each kill fueling your melee damage more and more.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.