Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Galactic Readiness is cross platform!

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By LiquidPrince

I don't expect everyone to be weird like me, and own all three versions of the game. I just realized however that the multiplayer percentage plays across all platforms. I got to 100% on PS3, and when I boot up my PC and 360 versions, they're sitting at 100% as well. I guess that's one cool thing about having an Origin account.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By kindgineer

Nice little piece right there for people with multiple versions.

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Arker101

Well for around 180 USD, that doesn't sound like a bad deal.

Avatar image for zombie_bigdaddy
    zombie_bigdaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By zombie_bigdaddy

@LiquidPrince said:

I don't expect everyone to be weird like me, and own all three versions of the game. I just realized however that the multiplayer percentage plays across all platforms. I got to 100% on PS3, and when I boot up my PC and 360 versions, they're sitting at 100% as well. I guess that's one cool thing about having an Origin account.

Why would you buy all 3?

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By mazik765

Why do you own all three copies? D:

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LiquidPrince

@Arker101 said:

Well for around 180 USD, that doesn't sound like a bad deal.

I got the 360 version for $30. So closer to $160.

@zombie_bigdaddy: @mazik765: I play all three versions with a different character that I've been moving along through saves. I realize I could just do it all on one, but I also like messing around on the PC version.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By awesomeusername

Can I have your PS3 copy?!?

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LiquidPrince

@awesomeusername said:

Can I have your PS3 copy?!?

No... XD

That one is my collectors edition.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LiquidPrince
    rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By rjayb89

Hm, unfortunate. BioWare Social Network linked a different Xbox account to it than I wanted. It's technically right, but I don't know why they gave all of that Mass Effect 2 stuff to my main one when it should have technically gone to the one it's currently linked to. Oh well. People seem to avoid playing with me on the PC version since my N7 rank is 1 when I'm like ~150 on 360.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By awesomeusername

I was joking around. No, I don't though. I have a bunch of games to play at the moment so it doesn't matter really. I'll get it in a year for $30 anyways. :D

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By Justin258

I can understand getting a new console and re-buying some games that were on your other console for it, especially if you're upgrading to a PC. But never will I fathom people who already have all three gaming platforms (excluding Wii) and buy three different copies of the same game at the same time. It just baffles me.

Anyhoo, this is good to know. I don't ever remember registering my Mass Effect 3 with EA anything, though.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LiquidPrince

@believer258 said:

I can understand getting a new console and re-buying some games that were on your other console for it, especially if you're upgrading to a PC. But never will I fathom people who already have all three gaming platforms (excluding Wii) and buy three different copies of the same game at the same time. It just baffles me.

Anyhoo, this is good to know. I don't ever remember registering my Mass Effect 3 with EA anything, though.

I've only done it with Mass Effect. I originally played Mass Effect on 360 and transferred my save over to Mass Effect 2. Then I bought it to play on PS3, so I bought the PS3 collectors edition of Mass Effect 3. I always had the PC edition to do mods and crazy stuff.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Dany

I've been playing and messing around the iOS apps and they also tie in to increase galactic readiness. I've been playing them in the free time and increasing my %

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LiquidPrince

@Dany said:

I've been playing and messing around the iOS apps and they also tie in to increase galactic readiness. I've been playing them in the free time and increasing my %

The actual multiplayer is pretty damn fun once you start leveling up and mowing fools down.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By benspyda

Sometimes I own both 360 and PC versions. 360 to play with friends if multiplayer and PC for improved performance or was on sale on steam and wanted to play it through again.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By Animasta

most bullshit part about galactic readiness is that it goes down :/ I decided to finally complete the game after not playing it for a week, and it went down to like 4800 (and I was right before the final mission) so I had to play multiplayer (which I was already doing but not when I was ready to complete the single player)

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LiquidPrince

@Animasta said:

most bullshit part about galactic readiness is that it goes down :/ I decided to finally complete the game after not playing it for a week, and it went down to like 4800 (and I was right before the final mission) so I had to play multiplayer (which I was already doing but not when I was ready to complete the single player)

I don't have a problem with it going down, but the fact that it goes down too quickly.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dany

@LiquidPrince: How much does it go down, 1% a day?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#20  Edited By Seppli

Too bad DLC isn't cross platform. I own ME1&2&3 on PC, and ME1&2&all DLC for the two on 360... already pondered if I should check if there's some retail SKU of Mass Effect 2 with all DLC included... but then again. NO!

Mass Effect 2 on PC was a 'gift' from Bioware for screwing up Dragon Age 2 (which I actually liked quite a bit for most parts).

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By LiquidPrince

@Dany said:

@LiquidPrince: How much does it go down, 1% a day?

I'm not sure exactly, but I think it's more then that. I went from %100 to %84 in two to three days.

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#22  Edited By onan

@Seppli said:

Too bad DLC isn't cross platform. I own ME1&2&3 on PC, and ME1&2&all DLC for the two on 360... already pondered if I should check if there's some retail SKU of Mass Effect 2 with all DLC included... but then again. NO!

Mass Effect 2 on PC was a 'gift' from Bioware for screwing up Dragon Age 2 (which I actually liked quite a bit for most parts).

The really sucky part is preorder bonuses are platform-locked. If I ever want to get it on PC, for example, I'll have to do without my Defender Armor gamestop preorder item. That's BS. There's no way to get some of that stuff ever again, like the blackhole gun from ME2 on 360. It's not sold at all either.

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

I own the PC and 360 version and yeah, noticed this too.

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#24  Edited By Mnemoidian

Yeah, the rewards from playing other games (Infiltrator, Datapad) and multiplayer is also cross-platform.

Funny how I'm at ~1500 EMS (if not more now) immediately when I unlock that screen in the Singleplayer campaign :)

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

While this probably affects a minimal number of people, it is pretty cool that they put that in there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.