Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Have you beaten a gold level mission yet?

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Cataphract1014

Me and a friend are able to do gold Cerberus on Firebase Dagger just because we feel it is the easiest to play. I think we should try Geth soon because they shouldn't be too bad, but the thought of Banshees on gold makes me want to cry. Phantoms are bad enough.

Also, if you are looking for a match, please select a difficulty that your gear level can do. If you are level 3 with stock weapons and no upgrades, don't complain when I try to kick you out of my gold games.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By SuperWristBands

Nope. I find it hard enough to finish game in Silver. It's tough when you can't communicate with random people and pretty much every match is against Reapers. I'm usually satisfied if I can finish the 10th wave objective.

Also, I want to stress the importance of joining difficulty based on your level. lvl 3's in Silver do not work and that is only silver.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By phrosnite

With a bunch of random people who got to wave 10 and died :( Silver is not that hard if your mates aren't idiots.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#4  Edited By alistercat

I really, really struggled with Silver at first but now I pass with a 70% success rate. I think I tried Gold and didn't get very far. Even with all lvl 20 people. You'd probably need 4 Engineers with Overload and Incinerate to deal with all the armour and shields.

roughneck117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By roughneck117

Ive tried Gold. A few of us GB guys decided to give Gold a try a couple of days ago, we were all talking and shit. Got wiped on the 6th wave, all three times we tried it. Regarding your assessment about the different factions, Cerberus is definitely the easiest one, but dont underestimate the Geth. Those Pyro units can fuck shit up, especially if you've got a bunch of rocket troopers and those invisible units to deal with.

As for the Cerberus one, on the 6th wave, about 5 Atlus mechs and a bunch of Phantoms showed up and just decimated us. It was a bit frustrating to say the least. Personally I have a rule that I will only play gold or silver with my level 20 characters/ with other level 20 players.

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By swoxx

@roughneck117 said:

Ive tried Gold. A few of us GB guys decided to give Gold a try a couple of days ago, we were all talking and shit. Got wiped on the 6th wave, all three times we tried it. Regarding your assessment about the different factions, Cerberus is definitely the easiest one, but dont underestimate the Geth. Those Pyro units can fuck shit up, especially if you've got a bunch of rocket troopers and those invisible units to deal with.

As for the Cerberus one, on the 6th wave, about 5 Atlus mechs and a bunch of Phantoms showed up and just decimated us. It was a bit frustrating to say the least. Personally I have a rule that I will only play gold or silver with my level 20 characters/ with other level 20 players.

Yes sir, we tried our best though!

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Cataphract1014

@AlisterCat said:

I really, really struggled with Silver at first but now I pass with a 70% success rate. I think I tried Gold and didn't get very far. Even with all lvl 20 people. You'd probably need 4 Engineers with Overload and Incinerate to deal with all the armour and shields.

Asari adept and a Salarian Infiltrator. Get Stasis bubble and maxed out energy drain. It is what I use with my friend. We carry people a lot in golds. Like we are at 80k+ score and they others are at <30k

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ

Gold, Geth, Firebase Dagger. Must be one of the hardest combinations I've tried. The map is fairly huge, with a lot of open spaces meaning getting separated from your team is a death sentence. And Pyros fuck shit up more so than usual, as do Rocket Troopers. And the Hunters move pretty damn freely across the map, you really can't see them spawn, so they can get pretty close.

I've used a Krogan mainly to do some golds, they have a ton of shields and health which can help distract every enemy on the map, especially in blood rage. The most difficult thing, people being idiots. Without communication, people just run into a team mate for revival, while there are like two brutes or a geth prime there.

Rabid619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Rabid619

Not yet, but I've gotten close. Completed the Wave 10 objective once and wow, they give you a crazy amount of credits (85k I think), but got torn apart right after that. Other times I've just gotten to Wave 9 or so, but it's not too bad with randoms, as long as they're not awful. The key I've found is many, many, many biotic explosions.

If anyone wants to get a group together to give it a shot, I'm Rabid619 on 360.

bslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By bslayer

Almost, we got to wave 10 and then it was the shitty "Defend this specific spot out in the open" objective and got decimated. We were also fighting Cerberus on Firebase dagger. Cerberus seems the easiest, and we don't care what map. As for the Reapers, I'm not sure anyone has beaten it on gold yet. I'm probably wrong, but I don't care.

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Cataphract1014

@Rabid619 said:

Not yet, but I've gotten close. Completed the Wave 10 objective once and wow, they give you a crazy amount of credits (85k I think), but got torn apart right after that. Other times I've just gotten to Wave 9 or so, but it's not too bad with randoms, as long as they're not awful. The key I've found is many, many, many biotic explosions. If anyone wants to get a group together to give it a shot, I'm Rabid619 on 360.

Once we complete wave 10 we really don't care if we die. Getting the money is all we really care about.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#12  Edited By StarvingGamer

Geth are the easiest for me as a Salarian Engineer. Just drop a decoy and spam energy drain.

Silvers have gotten pretty easy as long as my team isn't full of morons. Haven't tried to tackle a gold yet.

TheBostonPops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheBostonPops

I've only played Gold twice, beat it once, with two other dudes on Reactor (ugh) versus Cerberus. We were all level 20, Salarian Infiltrator, Salarian Engineer and Asari Adept. By far the most fun I've had with the multiplayer also, mainly because we had to keep mobile and work as a team to survive. It was a blast.

That said, my second time was with a disorganized team versus the Geth and that was just plain awful. Those Pyros and Hunters are no joke, man.

roughneck117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By roughneck117

@Swoxx: Yer damned right we did, yes siree bobby.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Barely, Krogan Sentinel and Human Engi.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16  Edited By Seppli

Nope. Only played one game on gold thus far though. Got to wave 5 or 6. Me thinks it's a no-go without a full array of consumables. Find it not that fun, with TTK that high. Silver hits just the right note challenge-wise for me. Gold kinda felt like 'work' to me, chipping away at enemies like one does.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By mosdl

@roughneck117 said:

@Swoxx: Yer damned right we did, yes siree bobby.

schedule an event!

innacces14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By innacces14

Farthest I've gotten with friends is wave 9 back in the demo. Haven't given it a shot in the retail version cause the store packs have been stupid at not getting me a widow or black widow (need it for my infiltrator and not for vanity's sake).

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Cataphract1014

@innacces14 said:

Farthest I've gotten with friends is wave 9 back in the demo. Haven't given it a shot in the retail version cause the store packs have been stupid at not getting me a widow or black widow (need it for my infiltrator and not for vanity's sake).

The mantis is actually really good.

innacces14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By innacces14

@Cataphract1014: Oh I know. haha I just need that extra punch to get through guardians/enemies in light cover. My Mantis is up to VI and I'll gladly take it into bronze/silver run, but Atlas, Banshees, and Geth Primes can survive more than 3 widow shots (gold run obviously) so a Mantis isn't really that helpful if I'm getting flanked often. Basically going by the Gerstmann rule of rpg combat; Screw the buffs and debuffs. Killing them fast is all the strategy you need (course I use cloak to buff my shots so that first part seem hypocritical, lol).

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BraveToaster

I would try if I had a team comprised of people who don't rush into a group of enemies and dies. In just about every match I've played there is someone who does that shit.

RedRavN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RedRavN

I have beaten gold several times. Its definately doable. You can be screwed if you get a random hacking mission on wave ten. Last night we had the hold the area hack and had to defend against 4 banshees and 2 atlas in a somewhat exposed area. There was basically nothing you can do against that. A really cheap way to beat gold is to roll with quarian infiltrators with maxed out sabotage against geth. You can basically stun lock all the enemies and cause them to engage one another. It works great on geth primes and pyros. If they get close just cloak and keep using sabotage. It made it really easy when we tried it. Also, the asari adept's stasis bubble is also really good.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By Marz

yup, 4 quarian Iniltrators vs Geth on gold = EZ Credits

roughneck117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By roughneck117

@Swoxx: @mosdl: I could set one up for 5 PM West coast for tomorrow, or you could set it up. We should try Gold again.

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By swoxx

@roughneck117 said:

@Swoxx: @mosdl: I could set one up for 5 PM West coast for tomorrow, or you could set it up. We should try Gold again.

Sure, I'm up for playing today

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#26  Edited By Mnemoidian

Yeah, done a couple of Gold games, but I find that as an Asari Adept (which is my favored class), I struggle very much on Geth and Cerberus, while I tend to dominate Reaper (biotic explosions make Banshees really easy to kill) - only problem I tend to have with Reapers tend to be when my team doesn't give me the support I need to bring down the heavies (ie: I get swarmed by husks while killing the Banshee).

Geth is probably my worst matchup, swarmed by Hunters, sniped by Rocket Launchers and cuddled by Pyros. Sucks when your defenses are like tissue paper, and Biotic Explosions are pretty ineffective vs Shields (though they work OK on Atlas')

Need to get some more gold games running tonight.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Pinworm45

I don't play Silver any more. Also I question the skill of people who say Asari Adepts and Salarian Infils are the only ones that can do gold. Yeah, they are really good, maybe the best, but I've completed gold with basically every class with usually the highest score. Even melee Krogan Sentinel.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By 2HeadedNinja

I beat it once, was a very optimal setup though with Geth as random enemys and 2 Quarian Snipers. Every other time I tried we died somewhere between Wave 4 and 6.

OmegaChosen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By OmegaChosen

A few times. My most memorable was a four krogan squad carrying only Claymores on Gold versus Cerberus (this was during the demo period, not full game). Apparently it was amusing enough that Game Informer did a thing on us. Now that was weird.

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Cataphract1014

@Pinworm45 said:

I don't play Silver any more. Also I question the skill of people who say Asari Adepts and Salarian Infils are the only ones that can do gold. Yeah, they are really good, maybe the best, but I've completed gold with basically every class with usually the highest score. Even melee Krogan Sentinel.

I'm not saying it is the only way. I'm saying that it is really nice. Stasis bubble is amazing.

Way to be a dick about it.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Pinworm45

@Cataphract1014 said:

@Pinworm45 said:

I'm not saying it is the only way. I'm saying that it is really nice. Stasis bubble is amazing.

I.. didn't quote you? There's tons of people who say they are the "only" classes that can do gold, or that other classes are dead weight, when they aren't. If you didn't say that, I'm not sure why you're replying to me.

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Cataphract1014

@Pinworm45 said:

@Cataphract1014 said:

@Pinworm45 said:

I.. didn't quote you? There's tons of people who say they are the "only" classes that can do gold, or that other classes are dead weight, when they aren't. If you didn't say that, I'm not sure why you're replying to me.

In this very thread I said that Asari Adept and Salarian Infiltrator can help, so it seemed to be a jab at my comment!

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Yip heres the secret. Choose Firebase White and Geth. You need a Quarian Infiltrator to do the data terminal hacks while invisible and hack the geth to fight each other., a Salarian Engineer to be constantly putting out decoys. And the other 2 just high level characters.

Go to the bottom part of the map in the room, there is a set of cover that is facing the one of the spawn points looking straight out a door, put the quarian here and keep hacking the geth pyros Put the salarian on the other cover facing down the hallway(where they will come down the stairs) and keep putting out decoys. have the other 2 on both covers supporting them. aslong as you keep putting out decoys they will keep going for them. The only hard part is the hacking and the escape on wave 11.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Pinworm45

@Cataphract1014 said:

@Pinworm45 said:

@Cataphract1014 said:

@Pinworm45 said:

In this very thread I said that Asari Adept and Salarian Infiltrator can help, so it seemed to be a jab at my comment!

Ah, well I didn't mean you. There's just lots of people in-game who vote kick people for not being one of those classes (happens occasionally), and on several sites and group-up areas that won't allow anything except those two classes (and maybe quarian infils), and it's pretty stupid.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.