Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

How Do You Think ME3 DLC Will Work?

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KaosAngel

I think we all know Bioware will find a way to make DLC for ME3, but the question is how do you think it'll fit in? 

I think they'd do a special epilogue for certain characters and whatnot, or maybe some sort of "final mission" to see the true ending to the story.  What I really want is a special play-able thing when you go into a room and see your choices as some sort of really awesome looking flow-chart.  You'd see the mistakes you made, and the difficult changes you had to take.   

To be honest, I'd like a better version of that MGS4 Database as DLC, but it only shows what happens for your character.  >.>

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By EpicSteve

I wouldn't want to see my choices on a flowchart. It would probably desensitize the important moments by exposing the game's mechanical nature.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By KaosAngel
    @EpicSteve: But after all that, it would be wonderful!  I love that kind of stuff, seeing it all behind the curtains and seeing how it works.  After playing all three, it'd be my kind of reward.
    General_D23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By General_D23

You know...yes, I'd love to see the flowchart, too. I think including something like that in, say the last DLC, showing everything, and making it interactive to some degree, maybe being able to select a moment and have it go into more detail. That would be pretty neat.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By mordukai

While the post launch support for ME2 was far better then ME1 I still think Bioware mishandled it. It mostly came down to a bunch of gear addons and one worthy DLC that should have been in the game, I know Bioware wants to make money over it but the shadow broker dlc did actually feel like they took it out of the game for the sake of making more money off of it. As far as ME3 is concerned then I would like Bioware to make a fully fledged expansion pack for it like what they did with Awakening. 

dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By dillonwerner

They could add DLC like they did in ME2 where you need to get the new characters and do the extra DLC missions before you beat the game.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Dany

I don't know but maybe an epiouge following cerberus/alliance/citidel through some minuta that has cropped up would be cool. If anything the DLC would lead into future ME games

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Jadeskye

I'm hoping to get a kind of minerva's den kind of DLC out of ME3. I want a self contained story somewhere else in the ME universe.

sterbacblu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By sterbacblu

When I saw this topic the first thing I thought of was "It'll probably be multiplayer stuff" but everyone has some great ideas here, like the self-contained story, or the epilogues, or something leading into a new trilogy.

PS3RG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By PS3RG

As it's going to be the final chapter to one of the greatest video game series of all time, I don't want any DLC. Everything should be included in ME3, no need for 2 or 3 "extra" pieces of DLC. Put everything in one package like they used to.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jimbo

If they're putting out a piece of ME2 DLC (maybe standalone?) two weeks before ME3 launches, it seems likely it'll be some kind of prologue to get everybody super hyped about ME3.  I think a standalone non-Shepard prologue focussing on the initial invasion would be cool as shit.  

They should think about taking that ME1 comic idea from ME2 PS3, making one for ME2 and making them freely available right before ME3 drops.

I don't know what they can do for post ME3 DLC.  Depending on how ME3 goes it could seem kinda anticlimactic.  I guess something totally self-contained and unrelated could be alright.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ryanwho

A flowchart would be funny to look at just for all the lazy bottlenecks.

Nomin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By Nomin

They will draw a three arc epic plot progression on a whiteboard, take a dry marker eraser and swipe a wide swath of it, and earmark it for release on DLC.  
    Joking aside, ME3 will have the most amount of DLC content released for it, pre or post release of any ME games. Less than two year development time sort of evinces this. 

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

Probably the same as ME2 but with a shit ton of tweaks. 
    Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

Shepard dies and goes to Space Heaven where Space God explains to Shepard why he is going to Space Hell using flow charts.

Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Edwardryu

that's not what you have to worry about. Bioware knows how to do. they are experts. what do you think? you are just game player. nothing more.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

#17  Edited By ArbitraryWater

They'll figure something out to fit it in the story. And then charge you $7 for the privilege of playing a 90 minute piece of DLC.

cgoodno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By cgoodno
    @Mordukai said:
    " While the post launch support for ME2 was far better then ME1 I still think Bioware mishandled it. It mostly came down to a bunch of gear addons and one worthy DLC that should have been in the game, I know Bioware wants to make money over it but the shadow broker dlc did actually feel like they took it out of the game for the sake of making more money off of it. As far as ME3 is concerned then I would like Bioware to make a fully fledged expansion pack for it like what they did with Awakening.  "
    Normally I'd agree with this assessment, but BioWare tends to offer up a lot of single-player content in the first place that it seems kind of hard to argue that more content should have been included from the get-go when there's already so much there.

As for handling DLC, I'm going to guess that it'll be similar to Kasumi, Overlord, and Shadowbroker in that it will be a possible new character to add to your party with a new ability that no one else has, some random side quest that doesn't really add to the overall story much, and some dlc that serves to fill in the holes that are out there as to what happened between ME2 and ME3.
    damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#19  Edited By damswedon

At launch they can add stuff to the main game but after I would prefer that after they did standalone stories like they did later on in Dragon Age: Origins.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.