Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

How I fucked up, and how gamestop sorta helped me fix it.....

jonnybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Edited By jonnybob

So I wasn't going to play Mass Effect 3, I got kind of bored playing Mass Effect 2 and didn't feel like getting back into this game. But then the demo changed that, the multiplayer is insane and I loved it. So I decided to buy the Collector's Edition for the XBOX360. Easy enough right? Go to gamestop.ca and preorder a copy, have it delivered to my office.

Went on the website, preordered my copy quickly and then check my email for confirmation.....

No Caption Provided

Hey great, game is preordered.

Fast forward to March 5th, I get my shipping confirmation e-mail...

No Caption Provided

Now if you read closely it says PS3, I didn't read closely. So when it arrived at my office the next day I was a bit disappointed. And frantically searching for a way to exchange it because as it turned out, nobody had any. I had heard gamestop has a 48 hour hold on preorders not paid in full, so I called around and asked about that. I was told to call back on Wednesday evening or Thursday morning. In the mean time I scoured kijiji and craigslist and futureshop and anywhere else that might have the game, to no avail. So I waited, patiently until Thursday morning. And started calling as soon as they opened, after 6 gamestops in my area all told me no, there was finally some hope. The gamestop inside Cambridge centre had one copy, but she couldnt hold it for me. I was told this after waiting 16 minutes while she rang customer after customer through. But she had one, so I immediately left work and went to get it. It took me 45 minutes to get there but I got there and she exchanged it for me. Now I just had to exchange the code, as I had a PS3 preorder code and I needed an XBOX360 code. I searched any forums I could and nobody seemed to want to trade what I needed, always PC for XBOX or XBOX for PC, no PS3. So I hit up @ebgamescanada on twitter and within 20 minutes they hooked me up, no questions asked. So thanks Gamestop, you helped me out large when I needed it.

In closing, I have a PS3 preorder code for the N7 Warfare Gear if someone wants it, hit me up in the comments.

jonnybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By jonnybob

So I wasn't going to play Mass Effect 3, I got kind of bored playing Mass Effect 2 and didn't feel like getting back into this game. But then the demo changed that, the multiplayer is insane and I loved it. So I decided to buy the Collector's Edition for the XBOX360. Easy enough right? Go to gamestop.ca and preorder a copy, have it delivered to my office.

Went on the website, preordered my copy quickly and then check my email for confirmation.....

No Caption Provided

Hey great, game is preordered.

Fast forward to March 5th, I get my shipping confirmation e-mail...

No Caption Provided

Now if you read closely it says PS3, I didn't read closely. So when it arrived at my office the next day I was a bit disappointed. And frantically searching for a way to exchange it because as it turned out, nobody had any. I had heard gamestop has a 48 hour hold on preorders not paid in full, so I called around and asked about that. I was told to call back on Wednesday evening or Thursday morning. In the mean time I scoured kijiji and craigslist and futureshop and anywhere else that might have the game, to no avail. So I waited, patiently until Thursday morning. And started calling as soon as they opened, after 6 gamestops in my area all told me no, there was finally some hope. The gamestop inside Cambridge centre had one copy, but she couldnt hold it for me. I was told this after waiting 16 minutes while she rang customer after customer through. But she had one, so I immediately left work and went to get it. It took me 45 minutes to get there but I got there and she exchanged it for me. Now I just had to exchange the code, as I had a PS3 preorder code and I needed an XBOX360 code. I searched any forums I could and nobody seemed to want to trade what I needed, always PC for XBOX or XBOX for PC, no PS3. So I hit up @ebgamescanada on twitter and within 20 minutes they hooked me up, no questions asked. So thanks Gamestop, you helped me out large when I needed it.

In closing, I have a PS3 preorder code for the N7 Warfare Gear if someone wants it, hit me up in the comments.

Avatar image for Unannounced_Fart
    Omelet_Pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Omelet_Pants

Hey dude, you may wanna block out your address so that we can't all see it.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By hatking

Yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of the 48 hour hold policy. That basically means somebody who ordered the game, but couldn't pick it up by Wednesday now has to settle for a regular edition. I'm not sure that's exactly fair. The code thing is pretty cool, and I'm personally aware of how easy that is at GameStop, but I'm pretty sure Amazon would have done just the same thing, if that's where you bought it from.

cynicalnerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cynicalnerd

If you still have the code I would be interested in it. Not sure what I could give you in exchange...if you can think of something let me know.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By JasonR86

How many posts or pages before this turns into a 'Gamestop sucks' thread? I'm saying by the start of page 2.

Istealdreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Istealdreams

@HatKing said:

Yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of the 48 hour hold policy. That basically means somebody who ordered the game, but couldn't pick it up by Wednesday now has to settle for a regular edition. I'm not sure that's exactly fair. The code thing is pretty cool, and I'm personally aware of how easy that is at GameStop, but I'm pretty sure Amazon would have done just the same thing, if that's where you bought it from.

that is only for items that haven't been paid in full. If you have paid in full they will hold it until you pick it up.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By big_jon

@cynicalnerd said:

If you still have the code I would be interested in it. Not sure what I could give you in exchange...if you can think of something let me know.

Your first post in our forums is asking for a handout. WOW...

jonnybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jonnybob

@Omelet_Pants: Did I miss one somewhere?

@HatKing: Ya, as far as I understand its only people who haven't paid in full, if you fully pay for it they hold it indefinitely.

@big_jon: lol, what do you think? should I give it to him?

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By ShadowSkill11

Great story bro. I just preloaded the PC version a few days before it was released and palyed in 1080p, 60 fps, without any disc swapping as soon as I got off work. But your story was nice too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.