So against my better judgment I joined in on a friend's game and even though I hated the idea of MP in Mass EFfect I have to admit that it's starting to grow on me. Anyways, that's not that I want to talk about. I want to talk about how much I hate playing with Vanguards. I have yet to play with one that actually understands that it's a team based mode and everyone needs to work together. All they do is spam the Charge/Nova combo which on early waves just takes the fun out of the game but it does provide amusing moments on later waves when they try doing that combo on a Banshee.
They never work with the group and always end up getting their ass handed to them by a swarm of enemies. They almost never go to help with a hack node, and most of the times you see someone not at the extraction point at the end of round it's probably going to be a Vanguard.
My experience with vanguards so far:
- "Guys, I know we are a team but just stand back and let me do all the work"
- "Can someone come and revive me. I got swarmed by them on the other side of the map"
- "Seriously! Can someone please come and revive me. I know you are all at the Hack point but really need someone to come and revive me. Don't mind the swarm of enemies around me I'll take care of them once I'm up"
- "FUCK YOU guys *Uses Medi-Gel" You made me waste a medi "
- "I'm up, good. Now I'll show all you noobs how to play"
- "Damn I am down, revive?!"
- "Ok I'm dead now. I'll just watch the rest of the round"
- "ALL RIGHT! I'm up again now you'll see what I can do"
- "FUUUUCK. I AM DOWN AGAIN!"
- "Guys I am down PLEASE someone revive me"
- Rage Quit.
Look guys. It's not that I REALLY hate playing with Vanguards. With the right player Vanguards are a great assets to the team but for some reason most of them just want to go around and play on their own. I would appreciate them better if they work with the group.