Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

I have spent a disgusting amount of money on ME3 multiplayer

• 64 results
    CornishRocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#51  Edited By CornishRocker

Slot machine micro transactions are the worst! You don't even know what you're paying for!

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#52  Edited By WickedCobra03

@Akyho said:

@SpaceInsomniac said:

Money? As in REAL money?

Yes and this duder has a problem. A problem EA loves and hoped would happen.

I am not playing my multiplayer in Mass Effect 3 just because I don't want to give EA those stats that I played their multiplayer. I will not give them the satisfaction. And hell if I am going to spend money on their games.... especially kind of mad about that Jarvik thing. Hey, guess what Bioware, instead of making multiplayer, ummmm, should have spent those resources on making a good ending. kthx.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By morningstar

Triple digit? my condolensces.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By DeF

Oh my god, why are you doing this? TRIPLE digits? As in "more than 100 bucks???" Are you insane?? There is TONS of better stuff you can do with your money while having the same amount of fun with that game.

Seriously, check yo'self before your wriggedi-wreck yo'self!

Grixxel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By Grixxel

Wow. Just ... wow.

paulunga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By paulunga

@Tennmuerti: Uh, you can get Gold items on Veteran, only the N7 ones are exclusive to Spectre packs and pretty rare at that.

lolwot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By lolwot

deleted

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@normalpants: Your not alone, we are why they can get away with this stuff.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By MideonNViscera

@Jace said:

But...even the most expensive pack only takes 2-3 games to unlock. Why would you do that? Shit. He's going to be a statistic in a marketing conference where they can point and say, "See, gamers love to spend money on RANDOM GAME ITEMS THAT EQUATE TO AN HOUR OF PLAY."

This is why I cringe when Jeff encourages people to vote with their wallet. His reasoning is completely valid, but a sucker is born every minute. If suckers have enough buying power, they can really fuck the rest of us over.

So instead of saying, "Vote with your wallet. If you like spending money on random easily-attainable items, please continue to do so." I'm going to say, "Stop it."

So you're pissed about what someone else does with their money. Great perspective there.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

@lolwot said:

@Rolyatkcinmai said:

It's easy to say no to this kind of thing until you think about time spent vs cost. It takes like 90 minutes to essentially accrue what would cost $3. Is your time not worth more than $2/hour?

I'm not supporting it, just saying...

You do realize that the process of unlocking items is intentionally tedious and time consuming to lead people to spending real-world money on virtual items, right? The solution is to have some dignity and self-respect, and not play the manipulative multiplayer mode at all.

Which is precisely what I said and did, yes. This was hardly worth a thread necro.

lolwot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By lolwot

deleted

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#62  Edited By Lukeweizer

You are the reason EA keeps doing this shit.

Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#63  Edited By Jace

@lolwot said:

@MideonNViscera said:

@Jace said:

But...even the most expensive pack only takes 2-3 games to unlock. Why would you do that? Shit. He's going to be a statistic in a marketing conference where they can point and say, "See, gamers love to spend money on RANDOM GAME ITEMS THAT EQUATE TO AN HOUR OF PLAY."

This is why I cringe when Jeff encourages people to vote with their wallet. His reasoning is completely valid, but a sucker is born every minute. If suckers have enough buying power, they can really fuck the rest of us over.

So instead of saying, "Vote with your wallet. If you like spending money on random easily-attainable items, please continue to do so." I'm going to say, "Stop it."

So you're pissed about what someone else does with their money. Great perspective there.

How people spend their money will have an impact on how these games are designed in the future. If this micro-transaction model is wildly successful for EA, then it's likely it will become very pervasive. If the other major publishers follow in EA's footsteps, then this sort of exploitative game design could become a new standard rather than just an odd exception.

^. I thought I explained that pretty clearly, or at least thought it was implied heavily.

Mideon if you'll actually read the post and think on it for a second without trying to reduce it to a clever one-liner response, it might make more sense.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By MideonNViscera

@lolwot said:

@MideonNViscera said:

@Jace said:

How people spend their money will have an impact on how these games are designed in the future. If this micro-transaction model is wildly successful for EA, then it's likely it will become very pervasive. If the other major publishers follow in EA's footsteps, then this sort of exploitative game design could become a new standard rather than just an odd exception.

It's not exploitative. You don't have to buy it. Even better, you don't have to pay to get the stuff he paid for haha

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.