Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Idea about if your shepard died

kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kishan6

Who thinks it would be fucking cool to play as this (the one in the trailer) guy if your shepard died 
    with seperate missions and shit so it is truly a radically different experience if that happened to you in ME2 
    im not sure bioware will put that much effort in but if they did i think that it would be totally amazing
    joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By joeybagad0nutz

That would actually be pretty fucking aweseome. Idk why, but I was kinda hoping that this would be like a sideline story. I'm still extremly exicted about the fact ME3 is coming out next year around this time but I also why them to continue the ME universe.

Entus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Entus

That sounds way too financially taxing to be properly done. While it might be cool, I doubt it'll happen.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b43dadb9061b
    deactivated-5b43dadb9061b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds like it would be any other game where you're playing a pre-determined character. I want nothing other then Shepard in my ME.

fflyash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By fflyash

I think I recall reading that if your Shepard died you couldn't import your save.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Doctorchimp

I made this topic yesterday. 

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By rjayb89

That guy in the trailer looks fucked.  I don't want to die in the beginning of the game again.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By MarkWahlberg

My guess: If Shepard died, then you play as just the dude. If Shepard lives, you play as the dude and Shepard. Separate missions that probably tie together in the end.

Avatar image for pnut_buttr_panda
    PNut_Buttr_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By PNut_Buttr_Panda
    @kshadow:  yeah you cant import your save so you have to either play as someone else entirely or play as a noncanonical version of shepherd that should exist in your gameplay storylines universe.
    BossKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By BossKong

If your Sheperd dies in ME2 then you can't import him. You have to use the default Sheperd.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheMustacheHero

What if it's Shepard Jr.?

printedcrayon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By printedcrayon

It seems kind of backward to me to go to all that effort of being able to have Shep die at the end of ME2 only for the player not to be able to import their save.  

Surely BioWare could still utilise the decisions you've made from ME 1 + 2 and then have you play as someone else. I understand the difficulty in doing this, seeing as you would pretty much be making two separate games, this doesn't mean it isn't feasible though.

Vect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Vect

The guy doesn't look like a playable character. At most he'll probably be an NPC/Companion Character.

I'm pretty sure that a Dead Shepard in ME2 just means you'll have to start a new file in 3.

Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Mrnitropb

If they try and pull a Metal Gear Solid 2, I will fucking cut somebody. 

Bladefire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Bladefire
    @PrintedCrayon said:
    " It seems kind of backward to me to go to all that effort of being able to have Shep die at the end of ME2 only for the player not to be able to import their save.   Surely BioWare could still utilise the decisions you've made from ME 1 + 2 and then have you play as someone else. I understand the difficulty in doing this, seeing as you would pretty much be making two separate games, this doesn't mean it isn't feasible though. "
    Making two separate games on the budget for one game isn't feasible. It also doesn't really make sense for them to complete Shepherd's story by having you play a different guy. Bioware has always said that these three games were his/her story.
    wsowen02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By wsowen02
    @kshadow said:
    "I think I recall reading that if your Shepard died you couldn't import your save. "

This. 

I think they also said that Shepard dying in ME2 is non-canon.  In which case, you would just start with a pre-made Shepard like you did if you didn't import into 2.
    SpacePenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SpacePenguin
    @kshadow said:
    " I think I recall reading that if your Shepard died you couldn't import your save. "
    Yeh you are correct.
    Avatar image for alianthaberries
    AlianthaBerries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AlianthaBerries
    @Mrnitropb said:
    " If they try and pull a Metal Gear Solid 2, I will fucking cut somebody.  "
    Why stop there? You could be the next Jigsaw, trapping BioWare devs, forcing them to code ME3 how you want it before their knees explode or something.
    canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By canucks23

They're putting this game out in less than 2 years from ME2, not a chance in hell that'd happen. Don't really see how it'd be worth it anyways considering most people's sheperds are probably alive, and if not they'd have reloaded a save to make sure they're alive. I wouldn't want to play somebody else anyways this is Sheperd's story, not some random dudes.

Rockanomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Rockanomics

Obviously you'd play as a GHOOoOoooOOoosstt!!

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21  Edited By CenturionCajun

I'm going to go with if your Shepard died (which took some real effort to make happen) then you're done. The only conceivable way around it would be if Cerberus had made a clone while they were rebuilding him and bust him out for ME3.

nirokogaseru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By nirokogaseru

Bioware has said that ME is about Shepherd traversing the galaxy, since you actually have to try and kill off Shepherd in ME 2, I doubt they will base a scenario off that, but Ghost Shepherd would be sweet.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#23  Edited By PhatSeeJay

They should have dedicated some time on making a 15 minute long scenario in ME3 where, if you import your dead Shepard, you fight a loosing battle as the British guy and see everything get destroyed.

Or, hey! A "What if?"-DLC for ME3 where you get to do the above.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By Milkman

If your Shepard died in Mass Effect 2, then BioWare is just going to tell you "Nope, that's wrong. Sorry." There's is no way that they would construct a completely different game for people who's Shepards died. 

nirokogaseru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By nirokogaseru

Charlie Sheen should be the playable character if Shepherd died in your ME2 save... not just voice the character, be the character.  "Hello, this is Commander Sheen and this is my favorite store on the Citadel." 

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

They bring back the RPG mechanics (not from the first one,but more role playing aspects) and i will love the game.
    And it would be cool if we got a new character. But the entire franchise is built on Shepard,i mean from the intro in ME 1 Shepard has been an integral part of the series, i don't see how they can just kill him off at the beginning of the game, at the end of the game sure.

nirokogaseru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By nirokogaseru
    @TheDudeOfGaming: 
    I would like to see more RPG mechanics.  ME was ok in the RPG department, and ME2 was just plain unsatisfying.  I want to customize my characters out the wazoo.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.