Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

I'm going to play Mass Effect 3 [Co-op] on Thursday...

Fruitcocoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Fruitcocoa

So, I'm going to an event here in Sweden where they will debut the Co-op of Mass Effect 3 and actually let people try it out. Me and my team are going to shoot both radio and video interviews and hopefully they'll let us post a little clip of us playing the game. Now, my question - do you want me to look after anything specific? If so, just post it below. And yes, I am totally going to ask them why they are using "this is the perfect starting point for new players" in every interview.

Fruitcocoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Fruitcocoa

So, I'm going to an event here in Sweden where they will debut the Co-op of Mass Effect 3 and actually let people try it out. Me and my team are going to shoot both radio and video interviews and hopefully they'll let us post a little clip of us playing the game. Now, my question - do you want me to look after anything specific? If so, just post it below. And yes, I am totally going to ask them why they are using "this is the perfect starting point for new players" in every interview.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By awesomeusername

Lucky mother******. All I want to know is if it's fun.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By MikeGosot

Oh, can you (try) to ask them if the co-op maps are exclusive for co-op missions or if they appear in-game?  
    Does other races have special abilities that are unique to them/do they have a unique playstyle?  
    Can more than one people use the same race? 
    It's just a Horde Mode ripoff? 
     And the most important question evar: 
    WHY WOULD ANYONE PLAY AS A HUMAN!? 

Thanks, duder.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Andorski

Try to get more information about the "Galaxy at War" system that the co-op is tied to.

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By rapid

@CarlSmith: You should make a blog on GB afterwards =)

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By themangalist

Tell me if Salarian headshots are as funny as it sounds.

RedHatDrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By RedHatDrew

See if there's the possibility of a competitive co-op element? I guess?

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By rjayb89

Ask questions, if you could, about achievements surrounded co-op. I'll give you 5 cool points.

Dookysharpgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#9  Edited By Dookysharpgun

I'd like to know what mission structures they're using, for example, if they're using multi-objective missions, or single objective missions, and whether this will just be a shoot 'em up, or will it have rpg elements to it. On top of that, will these missions be set up in their own campaign? If so, what is the ballpark length we're looking at?

The races and classes are another point of interest: will each race have specific classes locked to them? Will the race you pick have race-specific stats or abilites?

And, not to push my luck here, this question only applies if it's not screwing with your chances of getting more interviews: What's to stop this from being a crutch for single-player? How will they prevent lazy players from abusing this system and then easing their way through the SP campaign? Also, why does the combat look very gears of war-like? Are they ever going to explain why Shepard can roll like he's wearing space-latex, despite wearing heavy armour?

Hell if you can even tell me about the first question, I'd be happy!

Thanks, and enjoy!

matt_wickstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By matt_wickstrom

Any news you can show/tell us is good news.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@Dookysharpgun Not only is Shepard a cyborg, along with all the hideous strength that implies, but high-grade military armor comes with fiber muscle weave, not to mention minor mass effect dampeners to off-set weight and friction. This gives soldiers in 2185 maximum mobility without sacrificing protection.

See, it's that easy.
    Fruitcocoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Fruitcocoa

I will try to ask all these questions, but don't get your hopes up to high! With that said, expect tons of gameplay impressions!

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Aetheldod

Can you use your co op character in the single player as a companion? Is there any story tied to the co op character ? Do you have a character creation or the models are already made? Can you name them? Is each species  tied to a specific class? Is it fun :P ? 

Thanks duder and now I envy you quite a lot >:3
    Dookysharpgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Dookysharpgun

@Brodehouse said:

@Dookysharpgun Not only is Shepard a cyborg, along with all the hideous strength that implies, but high-grade military armor comes with fiber muscle weave, not to mention minor mass effect dampeners to off-set weight and friction. This gives soldiers in 2185 maximum mobility without sacrificing protection. See, it's that easy.

None of which came into play during the previous two titles. You should really have told the devs that when they were making the second game, because now it seems like we're going to get a very lazy answer along the lines of: because he/she is a cyborg. Not good enough. That part was also corresponding to the gears of war question. More and more, it would seem that this is becoming a TPS, as now we have Cliffy freaking B talking about the game, and the ME2 facebook page giving away gears of war codes...this doesn't bode well for the series in my view. Unless the rolling and whatnot are upgrades, all we're getting is a very half baked answer that seems to be disregarded when the developers and script call for it. Of course, we have all the information that explains this, but no, it's not that easy, especially when it comes down to implementation, and the reasons for doing so.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dookysharpgun: Because rolling is fun.  I'm rolling right now.
    cabelhigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cabelhigh

@Dookysharpgun: I feel like you're kind of using rolling as the bringer of Doom. I played the game and these improvements do make the game more fun to play, which is always a plus. I'm sure there's going to still be lots of opportunities to talk, and in response to being able to roll with the suit on it's the future. The same laws of physics don't entirely apply I think.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By endaround

@CarlSmith: Try to see if all this is being done at the Bioware Monteal studio which is what I heard (meaning none of the main Mass Effect team is really doing much with it)

Dookysharpgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Dookysharpgun

@cabelhigh: It's not spelling doom, I just feel like we need more of an explanation than: because he's a robot. Fun is fun, I get that, but every time I see any form of gameplay for this game, and I see Shepard hugging cover and rolling in a firefight, I feel disheartened because all I'm seeing is gears of war. I can't really explain it better than that. It's only one of my questions about the game, I've plenty more involving the minefield that is co-op, but as far as I can tell, this game is getting all the wrong sort of support for all the wrong reasons, and by the looks of it, which are supposed to get someone like me excitied for a games release, I feel that this game just won't suit me. If I could say anything, it's that adding another element that we could have used two games ago in the third installment seems like a kind of addition for the sake of it, besides any real benefit. I'd like to say otherwise, but something about the way this game seems to play makes me less excited than I should be.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mikey87144

Just answer if it's worth our time or not.

Dookysharpgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Dookysharpgun

@Brodehouse: Can you type and roll because you're a cyborg?

Cornman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Cornman89

We all know why they're saying ME3 is a good entry point, but maybe straight-up asking them will produce an amusing situation.

As for the co-op, just tell us how playing a krogan feels. No interest whatsoever in this mode, but goddammit I want to know if you can shoulder-charge a dude.

cabelhigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By cabelhigh

@Dookysharpgun: Ok, I see what you're saying. Hell, I felt the exact same way when they first started rolling (HA) out screenshots and videos, ESPECIALLY after Dragon Age 2. But after playing the game I have more hope, just because these improvements ARE fun. And I also think they're showing all this combat stuff because that's what demos well; you can really just have a demo of the dialog trees, or the hungry masses would get bored, or something. But yea, I do feel they've sacrificed the fiction at times in exchange for gameplay purposes (seeing Shepard in the turret section they showed off at E3 made me go 'What?') but that's sadly just the nature of games I think.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Azteck

Are you talking abotu Gamex?

Dookysharpgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Dookysharpgun

@cabelhigh: Dragon Age 2 is also one of the reasons I've been bricking it for this game, I enjoyed the pun too, you could say it was...pun-tastic...I'm sorry *hangs head in shame*. I know it has a different team working on it, I'm just not sure about the direction they're taking with their games nowadays. Well you've played it, and if they work well then I can live with that, it's just one of those niggling things. Although it couldn't hurt to see at least one or two dialogues between characters in a demo, but I get what you're saying. I'm hoping the turret section is a one off kinda thing, that element can be abused. It really is a pity at times, because with a game like Mass Effect, the mythos is so expansive they could get away with a good explanation if they used it, and it wouldn't hurt. Still, I'll wait to see this demo, I'm holding a little hope for this game, but it's going to have to really convince me.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want to know if making love to your teammate in co-op is required for a separate achievement, because my friend is more than likely going to play as a girl and I want first crack at him.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By probablytuna

@cabelhigh:

What do you mean when you said they've sacrificed the fiction in exchange for gameplay purposes? Could you elaborate a bit more?

Fruitcocoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Fruitcocoa

Just got back from the event. No Co-op today, it got pushed back until the weekend. Anyhow, I played a bit of the singelplayer and heard about the Co-op stuff from a couple of friends. Will write a blog about it later!

cabelhigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By cabelhigh

@probablytuna: I just mean that the second I saw Shepard manning that turret to fight the giant reaper in the E3 demo, I was like 'this feels wrong.' I felt like that was a very videogame-y move that didn't jive with the Commander Shepard character, who up until now has been portrayed pretty believably. I know that on-rails sections in videogames these days is pretty much a given, but still I felt like that was not something Commander Shepard would have done.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By probablytuna

@cabelhigh said:

@probablytuna: I just mean that the second I saw Shepard manning that turret to fight the giant reaper in the E3 demo, I was like 'this feels wrong.' I felt like that was a very videogame-y move that didn't jive with the Commander Shepard character, who up until now has been portrayed pretty believably. I know that on-rails sections in videogames these days is pretty much a given, but still I felt like that was not something Commander Shepard would have done.

Well if you think about it, Shepard did do a turret sequence of some kind in Mass Effect 2... When he was cleaning out space monkeys in Tuchanka. Jokes aside, maybe I just haven't gotten "turret fatigue" like a lot of people have, but I think that scene feels fine. Having Shepard on the turret fighting against the Reaper instantly reminds you that you are up against seemingly-impossible to defeat enemies and makes you feel insignificant as it towers over your character. It's not that different from taking down that final boss in Mass Effect 2.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cabelhigh: I don't know, if I'm fighting a massive armor mech, I think I would more likely flee while firing high-caliber explosive ammunition from a gun emplacement than I would... hide behind chest-high walls and shoot at its eye.  I don't feel anything unbelievable about that.  Defense against armor units is actually why we invented the mounted rocket emplacement.  I'd hope that a person with Alliance N7 training can operate a mounted cannon when the situation calls for it.
    cabelhigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By cabelhigh

@Dookysharpgun: Alright, you have reason to worry. Apparently, there was a leaked version of the beta, and for story you can pick "action mode," with AUTOMATICALLY chooses conversations for you. Seriously, that's kind of gross. Who plays Mass Effect like that?

Dookysharpgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Dookysharpgun

@cabelhigh: ...I'm hoping that it only applies for the demo...if that happens to be true, and applies to the full game, I'm going to break something with my face, because that would suck. At least call it something cool. Best part of Mass Effect is how the dialogue options change the outcome of the situation you're in, how would that even work? Wouldn't it render the entire point of the dialogue inconsequential? I'm praying it's just a rumour...please let it be a rumour :(

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dookysharpgun: It's not a rumor.  And it's an optional mode that you don't have to select.
    Dookysharpgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Dookysharpgun

@Brodehouse: And again, I ask...how would that even work? Would there be a pre-selected paragon/renegade option chosen by the player before the game begins? What I'm saying is that given the fact that this mode is, in fact, part of the game, it's not too far off to assume that maybe the dialogue has no weight to it, seeing as this action mode thing just skims through it for you. Optional or not, it's still in the game, and what it could mean wouldn't bode well for the final product. Seems like an unnecessary addition to cater for a whole different demographic, one that was never interested in the RPG elements of an RPG, and it would seem to me, that Bioware are now spreading themselves over too great an area, to appeal to everyone, or at least, as many people as they can draw in.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dookysharpgun I assume it has some pre-selected path that it would go down, or it would automatically pick Paragon every time. I don't know what you mean about 'dialogue has no weight', the dialogues have never dramatically changed anything other than the player's interpretation of Shepard. And I've seen enough people who just hit Paragon on every single prompt because 'that's the right way to play the game' to know some people don't put any thought into the impact of rewriting the geth.

I'm not going to use it, but if someone wants to now they can.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.