Is anyone still playing this game?

• 66 results
#1 Posted by NTM (7234 posts) -

#2 Posted by AlisterCat (5469 posts) -

Yes. Stopped my new game plus until the DLC comes out.

#3 Posted by Landon (4127 posts) -

There is no option for "I beat it, and enjoyed it despite it having a sour taste, and will probably never play it again"

#4 Posted by ColonelRick (114 posts) -

I kinda stopped playing it right before the final part. Did some multiplayer, but really should go back and get that galactic readiness malarkey up to scratch so I can finish the story..

#5 Posted by NTM (7234 posts) -

I picked C. I'll probably play it sometime... soon? As of right now, I am listening to the soundtrack. I'm just wondering this 'cause I think its weird how there was a lot of talk about it, and then it all of a sudden died down quickly. Like its old news now; maybe that happens with every game, big or small, but this just seems a bit significant. It just kind of feels like everyone's over it now, is that somewhat true, or is there a lot of you still playing it? Also, does Mass Effect 3 (already) seem like a contender for game of the year? That's probably a near impossible question since a lot of the games most of us want to play haven't come out yet, but still, I ask.

#6 Posted by NTM (7234 posts) -

@Landon: Damn, that's true. I'm sorry. I often like to add every possibility, but I guess on this one I just didn't do it.

#7 Posted by Bell_End (1208 posts) -

i finished the SP a few weeks ago, thought it was great. really enjoyed it.

but other game have come out since then and now im playing them. but this always happens with me i play a game. i finish it. i move on. curently playing the witcher 2 EE on the PC. and once im done with that i'l move on again i suppose.

#8 Edited by WilltheMagicAsian (1544 posts) -

There's no "I'm done with the game, but I kind of enjoyed it" option.

I only play through ME games once, never really touch the DLC unless it's already out when I play the game.

#9 Posted by probablytuna (3524 posts) -

I kinda ran through the story in less than a week (which is pretty fast for me cause I like to take my time with new games, especially RPGs) but the story grabbed me and I couldn't stop until I finished the game. So now that I have I want to go back to ME2 and finish off the DLCs for my FemShep before I import to ME3 for the epic conclusion.

#10 Edited by SpaceInsomniac (3532 posts) -

@NTM said:

Also, does Mass Effect 3 (already) seem like a contender for game of the year? That's probably a near impossible question since a lot of the games most of us want to play haven't come out yet, but still, I ask.

As I was playing, I thought there was a good chance of it being my personal GOTY. After the ending, it will be lucky to make it into the top five, unless they do something REALLY amazing with that extended DLC. That's especially true with Borderlands 2, BioShock Infinite, and loads of other amazing looking games set for a 2012 release.

Also, I played for about 2 hours tonight. Mutliplayer is loads of fun. I finally unlocked every class. Still need my Black Widow, though.

#11 Posted by StarvingGamer (7911 posts) -

I play MP daily.

#12 Posted by heavyplay (290 posts) -

The multiplayer has got its hooks into me. I can't explain why, but I can't stop myself.

#13 Posted by AndrewB (7439 posts) -

I'll finish my crazy renegade Shepard playthrough some day. It's not for lack of interest, but time and other games got in the way.

#14 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

Stopped playing the game. I have now collected every war asset that is able to scan in the Milky Way, but have some left on the Citadel to collect. I also have 56% Galactic Readiness. Completed Main Story with the worst Destroy ending. But i will return when the DLC comes out.

#15 Posted by BaneFireLord (2907 posts) -

Where's the "I really enjoyed it and am never ever going to play it again regardless" option?

#16 Posted by pweidman (2284 posts) -

ME3 mp five days a week 0.0,... fucking addictive shit that is. Just that one better gun lvl, just that one better mod, that one other character or gun you still don't have and wanna try out, etc.

Let alone just damn fun co-op w/randos or friends.

#17 Posted by gamefreak9 (2335 posts) -

Finished it twice on my biotic and twice on my solider... not much else to do, i've seen every choice.

#18 Posted by Coafi (1481 posts) -

I haven't finished it, but all the ending talk made my desire to play the game non-existent. I still haven't spoiled myself with the ending, so I will finish it, just not now.

#19 Posted by MEATBALL (3016 posts) -

I played through it twice and played a tonne of multiplayer, hope to return to it soon. The Witcher 2 dislodged it from my disc tray and now that I've finished that I'm moving onto some other stuff. I'm sure I'll let it sink it's claws back into me soon enough, though. Love the game, I know, that makes me human excrement etc.

#20 Posted by pyromagnestir (4195 posts) -

I'll start my second play through when the dlc is out. I haven't touched the multiplayer.

#21 Posted by NapTimeSleeper (329 posts) -

I really enjoyed my first play through and will probably wait until the epilogue DLC comes out this summer to play through with my second Shepard. I have been playing a good amount of the multiplayer which I am enjoying.

#22 Posted by Slax (894 posts) -

I'm still trying to get myself through the campaign. I've been playing multiplayer off and on though.

#23 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

I just got home from college and have finally found the time to start playing it. I'm roughly six hours in and liking it.

#24 Posted by thetenthdoctor (291 posts) -

Working on my NG+ insanity run right now, plus re-earning the achievements I lost when there was that weird XBL bug about two days after ME3's launch that caused achievements to disappear. I'll be stopping at the Cerberus assault to wait for the "more detailed" ending.

#25 Posted by Atary77 (500 posts) -

Recently I decided to make a new character starting all the way back with the original ME. This time around I was going to finally play a Renegade character. Before I had tried this and just couldn't bring myself to make some of the horrible decisions that would basically end lives and fuck over entire races of aliens although now it seems kinda humorous. Currently I'm finishing up with my Renegade male shep on ME2 and once finished there I'll start seeing how all these bad choices come to bite him in the ass in ME3.

#26 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

I'm planing in making at least 2 more playtroughs but that would take a while and I haven't finish my Insanity run in ME2 once I finish that I'll go back to 3 .

#27 Edited by eloj (488 posts) -

Was very excited before release. Played about a day of SP and haven't touched it since. Got to force myself through it one of these days. Really hate the reapers-hunting-you-on-map mechanic. Talk about adding NOTHING to the game.

I've played way more MP than SP, which is just fucking weird.

#28 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

20 hours in and I just got so. damn. bored. by the dialogue dialogue dialogue dialogggggggggggggggggggggggue, so I stopped. 

#29 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -

Waiting for this new ending.

#30 Posted by NTM (7234 posts) -

@eloj: You have to beat it, it's great. I mean, I can count the amount of things I dislike, some of which are stuff they probably couldn't fix since it's technical. You have to beat it.

@AhmadMetallic: Seriously? Huh, do you like the action parts though at least? Like the main mission stuff?

@Pinworm45: Yeah, I thought I was going to do that, and I still am, but just recently I started playing on my third play through and now I'm almost done again (well, I'm doing the Rannoch stuff). I wanted to be fully upgraded and have everything bought by the time any DLC comes out. All the negative stuff about it didn't have a "mass [e]ffect" on my opinion enough for me to not really enjoy my time with it. See what I did there? Ha ha ha, OK, sorry, that was dumb.

#31 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8060 posts) -

I want an "I'm the only one still playing this" option.

#32 Posted by kingcopper (46 posts) -

Yeah, I uninstalled it a few weeks ago. Didn't even touch the multiplayer. Not because I have anything against it, just wasn't really interested.

#33 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

I'll be back for the next free multi DLC. 29th I believe.

#34 Posted by JeanLuc (3565 posts) -

I beat it twice. I'll go back when DLC comes out but for now I'm good.

#35 Posted by Grelik (141 posts) -

Everything but the last 10 minutes was nothing short of perfection for me. Played two 25 hour play throughs with enough muliplayer for 100% readiness on both playthroughs. All in the first 3 days of release.

#36 Posted by DeShawn2ks (1051 posts) -

Yeah and still loving it. The last 15 mins left a bad taste in my mouth but it didn't ruin the entire 40 hour experience. Beat it about 4 times and just got my S rank. Now I will just mess with multiplayer some more until the extended cut dlc is released.

#37 Posted by jozzy (2041 posts) -

The multiplayer is surprisingly fun.

#38 Posted by JasonR86 (9583 posts) -

I've just gone back to play through with my second character. Still enjoying it.

#39 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

I'm back again for my second playtrough, Lady Shepard - Vanguard - Paragon Hale's tone on this one is a bit more cheery than I expected given the circumstances at least more than male Shepard.

#40 Posted by Finscher (145 posts) -

B. I've only played through the campaign once, but I probably will again when they release the SP DLC. In the mean time, I binge on it every two weeks or so during the MP weekend events.

#41 Posted by benspyda (2015 posts) -

Played the multiplayer for a while but Diablo has taken its place. Have yet to complete my FemShep playthrough of ME2 before I go through ME3 single player again.

#42 Posted by deox (210 posts) -

I played threw the first two games a couple times. One play through was more than enough this time around... unfortunately.

#43 Posted by Eaxis (898 posts) -

I played a bunch of multiplayer in the beginning, now its only when they have those special weekends.

#44 Posted by NTM (7234 posts) -

@Guided_By_Tigers: Why? This is the game I'm still playing.

#45 Posted by SmasheControllers (2543 posts) -

I continue to enjoy this game. I've spent more time with the multiplayer than any Call of Duty, hell more than Battlefield 3.

#46 Posted by Jayesslee (105 posts) -

I think it's overstayed its welcome for me by now.

#47 Posted by Nightriff (4866 posts) -

hated the game, was disappointed with it so when I return to the series at some point, I'll just play the first 2.

#48 Posted by SmasheControllers (2543 posts) -

@Nightriff: Other than the ending, which some will argue is not that bad, what is wrong with this game? The best in the series in terms of gameplay and some of the most incredible moments in a video game this generation.

#49 Posted by Nightriff (4866 posts) -

@SmasheControllers: Personally I felt like my choices didn't matter. I only went through the game once but I felt like every "decision" I had in 3 didn't matter at all. I also felt that choices from previous games didn't matter at all either. I saved the rachni queen, so she appears in 3, great that's what was supposed to happen. But if I kill her the Reapers some how clone new rachni? Come on, change it up at that point. Everything felt rushed and unfinished. The stupid reapers chasing you in a system, I actually MISSED mineral hunting, that was a shock. I come to the series for dialogue and politics when I look back on ME 1 and 2, not action, and that's what ME3 was trying to be I felt like, an action game like CoD or Halo. I don't know what they could have done differently that would make it better in my eyes, that's not my job, but when it was all said and done, I just didn't enjoy it all.

#50 Posted by Zleunamme (647 posts) -

I got hooked on multiplayer. I liked playing with other people to level up my character(s). One thing I don't like about multiplayer is that mission packs always give out shotguns or sniper rifles the most. I also went back to single player and talked to everybody--Citadel and the Normandy-- after each mission to collect more war assets. Once the priority missions are done, some of the side stuff goes away. I will wait and see about dlc coming out in the summer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.