Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Is the Multiplayer still populated (PC)?

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

So, for some reason I've a real itch to play some of Mass Effect 3's multiplayer. Since I started with the series at the very beginning (when it was a 360 exclusive), I stuck with 360 for each game since that's where my saves were. The problem that arises here is that I haven't had Xbox Live Gold in quite a while, so I can't really play the multiplayer anymore.

Luckily the PC version on amazon is only $8, but since I would essentially be buying a game I already own just to play the multiplayer again I'd like to at least make sure there are still people playing so it doesn't end up a complete waste.

Do any duders know if the PC version has any kind of population anymore? I took my query to google but couldn't find any current info, so if anyone has played recently or would be willing to fire the game up and see if there's still any kind of active community playing I'd greatly appreciate any insight into the current state of the game on PC.

Thanks.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Hey duder,

Best I can tell you is I play ME3 on and off all the time and never have problems finding games on Gold difficulty. Silver and lower may leave you spooling a little while. I'll take a look tonight and get back to you, see how long it takes to connect.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ll_Exile_ll
    Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Zirilius

If you are good enough you should be able to complete up to Gold solo but its not an ideal way to play that game. I loved it on 360 and hoping DA will scratch that same itch.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zirilius said:

If you are good enough you should be able to complete up to Gold solo but its not an ideal way to play that game. I loved it on 360 and hoping DA will scratch that same itch.

I certainly have done solo runs on bronze and silver, but that was with level 20 characters and not with only the default human classes. On PC I'll be starting fresh with level 1 human characters, not really likely to solo anything with those.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had no trouble getting into games when I played it earlier this year.

sadsadsad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By sadsadsad

11pm on a monday, in Europe.

Bronze: filled slot #4 in a ongoing game

Silver: filled slot #4 in a game lobby

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Zirilius

@ll_exile_ll said:

@zirilius said:

I certainly have done solo runs on bronze and silver, but that was with level 20 characters and not with only the default human classes. On PC I'll be starting fresh with level 1 human characters, not really likely to solo anything with those.

Bah I thought I had read somewhere that they unlocked them all once they stopped doing regular updates but I can't find anything that proves that. I wish you luck!

innacces14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By innacces14

@ll_exile_ll: I'mma tell you right now that I play an asinine amount of that game. Purchased the game on February 16th of this year for PC when the trilogy set went for $15. With that in mind it's November 3rd and I've logged in 365 hours for the multiplayer and zero for the campaign cause I did all that stuff on the 360 (didn't want to renew Xbox Live Gold). I usually play bronze cause I hate the pressure left on my shoulders when randoms join in on Gold with level 1-19 characters and with no consumables to fill their equipment slots. If you have the heart for it I'd be up for handling an hour's worth of Gold waves.

I sometimes play between 3-5pm pst and 6pm to whatever time of the night I have to stop before I have to go to sleep. Name on Origin is innacces21. Have fun. =]

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

If only Thursday Night Throwdown was still a thing. I'd show you all my White Mage Geth Engineer.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Boy, mentioning ME3 multiplayer really makes me want to play ME3 multiplayer. What a surprise that was, man.

fyrtail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes! I just did the same thing last week and I've found plenty of bronze and silver matchups.

sadsadsad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sadsadsad

Did anyone else get 3.5mil credits out of nowhere? (had ~90k yesterday)

Maybe related to the N7 day?

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14  Edited By GERALTITUDE

Hey sorry I took so long to post, didn't get to play until later than I thought.

I was able to connect to Silver games real fast and almost always was guy number 4 or 5.

Bronze and Gold seemed pretty much the same to me and really it may just be coincidence when Silver was faster, not much difference anyways.

I really love this game and would recommend it to you wholeheartedly. Even playing solo is fun because of how wildly different the Races/Classes feel. That said, it's pretty hard. Well, for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.