Jessica Chobot in Mass Effect 3

#1 Posted by Anwar (875 posts) -

This is EPIC

EPIC FOR THE WIIIIN!

#2 Posted by punkxblaze (2987 posts) -

@Anwar said:

This is EPIC

EPIC FOR THE WIIIIN!

Oh god jesus christ in a shit kicking diaper why.

#3 Posted by Droop (1884 posts) -

Male Shepard still kinda sucks. Have BioWare done any promotional videos with the new official FemShep?

Also, fuck yeah Keith David.

#4 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

Apparently she's a reporter.

Also, hello Shepard.

#5 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2722 posts) -

Fuck this game.

#6 Posted by RockinKemosabe (619 posts) -

I wish Nolan North was voicing Vega instead of Freddie Prinze Jr.. I watched him on 24, he still can't act worth shit. Nothing has changed since the 90s.

#7 Posted by SolidOcelot (328 posts) -

I'm surprised they still haven't shown off fan favorites like Thane, Miranda or Wrex. Still super stoked for this game. As for Jessica Chobot, ehh.

#8 Edited by Yummylee (21752 posts) -

...I don't get it. Is she actually an actress, or has experience with voice acting? For the sake of a random '' gaming celebrity'' cameo... they could of chose better. Hell, Geoff Keighley would of been pretty awesome.

@PhatSeeJay said:

Apparently she's a reporter.

I just hope I can punch her in the face, too. <3

#9 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

I might pirate it for Jennifer Hale.

I'm almost regretting the N7 tattoo, fucking EA.

#10 Posted by Gearhead (2251 posts) -

Just...Why.

#11 Posted by PatVB (330 posts) -

Ok, ok, I know Jessica Chobot sucks. But did you guys see what Keith David is wearing in that video? He's so awesome!

#12 Posted by nohthink (1223 posts) -

Of course her character has a deep cut cleavage shirt... of course... why am I not surprised....

#13 Posted by Arker101 (1474 posts) -

I'll be hitting the Renegade button so much when that part comes up.

#14 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@Abyssfull: She is not an actress though she did have a small role in a terrible direct-to-DVD movie called Cross.

She has no experience with voiceacting either.

#15 Posted by Sogeman (872 posts) -

@BulletproofMonk said:

Fuck this game.

This

Also, why does her arm look so WRONG in that screengrab. SO WRONG!!

#16 Posted by YI_Orange (1151 posts) -

GAERRSAIMFGROHEBMWEIMB

Oh wait, I don't actually care.

#17 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

I don't know what you guys are talking about, this is pretty great

#18 Posted by Astromarine (77 posts) -

@RockinKemosabe: That's Donny Crane, fool! Respect!

#19 Posted by ObsideonDarman (651 posts) -

At least it's just a cameo.

#20 Posted by Rattle618 (1463 posts) -

I had no idea EDI was 6, the question now is: which one??

#21 Posted by Chop (1999 posts) -

Sure, why not? Pretty piss poor casting if she's there strictly for stunt casting, but I haven't heard it yet. I don't know if she's awful or not.

#22 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -

I'm going to wait and see how her performance, and David Arquette's, is before I pass judgement but my gut reaction is that they will be bad or noticeably out of universe. I hope that's not the case. Also Martin Sheen is fucking badass.

#23 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3881 posts) -

GAAAAHHHHWHHYYYYYYidontcare.
This gets a big ol' shrug of the shoulders. Small bit part, easily ignored if shitty.

#24 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5019 posts) -

@Arker101 said:

I'll be hitting the Renegade button so much when that part comes up.

You have no idea how much.

#25 Posted by Bumpton (448 posts) -

I agree this is pretty dumb (particularly that they apparently felt the need to make her in game character look like her), but why is everyone so pissed at this game? Did I miss something? Personally, I can't wait.

#26 Posted by Death_Unicorn (2838 posts) -

If they just released a video of Martin Sheen talking about the game for 15 minutes, all my fears would be abolished.

Also, I love Keith David and Seth Green.

But, fuck Jessica Chobot.

#27 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

I might pirate it for Jennifer Hale. I'm almost regretting the N7 tattoo, fucking EA.

LOL you didnt think that one through dumbass.

Anyway finaly a trailer showing what I care about with these games, looks good and I like them giving small parts to gaming "Celebritys", heres hoping a side mission has Kleptok as a villian in it. Plus why do people hate Chobot? Ive only seen her in some Tips and Achievement guides on the Xbox dashboard, shes attractive and into her job whats the problem?

#28 Posted by Deathmachine117 (377 posts) -

I assume its a small role in the game so calm down people who seem to think this game murdered their family. I seriously dont get all the hate coming towards this game.

#29 Posted by CaLe (3995 posts) -

Someone tell Keith David that curtains are meant for windows. They are not articles of clothing!

#30 Posted by Yummylee (21752 posts) -

@CaLe said:

Someone tell Keith David that curtains are meant for windows. They are not articles of clothing!

I think it's the other way round. Keith David has now shown to the world that curtains can be worn as clothing. Gonna be a new trend. That and the return of togas for 2013.

#32 Posted by Masha2932 (1241 posts) -

meh

#33 Posted by GunstarRed (5211 posts) -

I love Mass effect but these videos where actors tell you how amazing, compelling, special, well written, interesting etc their game is annoy the shit out of me. Also, who on earth gets excited about Freddie Prinze Jr and Jessica Chobot being in a game? if anything they should keep that shit quiet.

#34 Posted by spankingaddict (2677 posts) -

So, it got pushed back to September , huh ....

#35 Posted by Hosstile17 (764 posts) -

Dibs on kicking her out a window.

#36 Posted by Gatehouse (633 posts) -

@UKSamwise: Read my mind sir

#37 Posted by Gearhead (2251 posts) -

@spankingaddict said:

Where did you hear this?

#38 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

I would not be surprised if she's just a "hey, you can fuck me" girl in the game. Also, every comment i post in the ME3 forums make me talk about sex somehow.  

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

I might pirate it for Jennifer Hale.  I'm almost regretting the N7 tattoo, fucking EA.
You made an N7 tattoo or that's just a joke?
#39 Posted by Hadoken101 (795 posts) -

Wow, I didn't realize how many people are hating this game so hard >.> Especially for something as small as some bad stunt casting that will probably take up all of 30 minutes total in the whole game.

#40 Posted by papercut (3501 posts) -

How many reporters wear wife beaters?

Also, I don't know what Keith David was wearing when he did this, but it's levels of Gangsta is off the charts.

#42 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

@Gearhead said:

@spankingaddict said:

Where did you hear this?

To Europeans the game is released in the Ninth of March while to mr spankingaddict it looked like September Third.

#43 Edited by Yummylee (21752 posts) -

@GunstarRed said:

I love Mass effect but these videos where actors tell you how amazing, compelling, special, well written, interesting etc their game is annoy the shit out of me. Also, who on earth gets excited about Freddie Prinze Jr and Jessica Chobot being in a game? if anything they should keep that shit quiet.

I like how they just stuck her in with the rest of the cast nonchalantly, like it's old news that she was going to be in ME3. Still, the shitstorm that is ME3's marketing continues to rage on. I'm not holding the whole game against the marketing since they're clearly just aiming for a much larger demographic it seems, but man... they sure do know how to kill a buzz. I just hope the game's launch trailer will be as stirring as ME2's was to really get me pumped again.

#44 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

Meh, doesn't take away that the game will be mind-blowing and epic.

#45 Posted by Packie (255 posts) -

Keith David... my one and true god! *bows down*

#46 Posted by Solh0und (1779 posts) -

@Anwar said:

This is EPIC

EPIC FOR THE WIIIIN!

[insert Clank's laugh here]

#47 Posted by Jayzilla (2563 posts) -

@Packie said:

Keith David... my one and true god! *bows down*

set your standards low and you can't be disappointed? good call. Ken Wahl is my hero!

#48 Posted by NTM (7409 posts) -

Yeah... I have mixed feelings on that one.

#49 Posted by Harkat (1102 posts) -

Wait, she's a reporter? Do I get to punch her? If so, I'm on board. She represents the immaturity of the gaming audience and IGN's willingness to exploit it.

#50 Posted by Eaxis (928 posts) -

I wish I didn't watch that. Some of it made me want the game less.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.