Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Kickass new trailer!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee

Oh, and it's fan-made.

To be honest, I've been pretty down on practically all of EA's own promoting and marketing of Mass Effect 3; they're clearly aiming for the numbers outside of the franchises established demographic and it shows. But this here has at least gotten me excited again. It kinda rehashes the tone of Mass Effect 2's launch trailer I think, but it's effective all the same. It's been a while since I've been given the drive to put an end (or succumb to) the Reaper invasion. And the fact that it's fan-made is damned impressive! If I was to leave out the reveal that it's fan-made at the top, I dare say plenty of people would of believed this was put together by BioWare themselves. That is until it finishes and you see all the links to the guy's other works... My point still stands though dammit!

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By wefwefasdf

@Abyssfull: I'm hoping the launch trailer is just as good as the one for Mass Effect 2. It is one of my favorites.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Yummylee

@SpikeSpiegel: Absolutely. One of my all time favourite game trailers, too.

zzzleepy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By zzzleepy

That was pretty awesome...

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By AndrewB

Ehtinction...

That's what that font makes it look like.

Yeah, that was pretty great for a fan-made trailer. One of the rare ones that could be used in an official capacity.

I'd say I'd like to see more official stuff with new content, but to be honest I'd rather either go in as blind as possible, or having read that entire leaked story doc and know everything.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Pezen

Just realized today how close to release it is, strange.

DjCmeP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By DjCmeP

@Abyssfull: WOW! Good job but the game will probably be dog shit.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By TheHT

FUCK YEAH RACHNI QUEEN!!!

Best trailer yet. OK, that's not saying much given the quality of the other trailers. Only kickass trailer they've released of ME3, then.

Oh wait, fan-made you say. Take note Bioware: I want sprawling theatrics in my space operas, not "djudda djudda djudda, turret sequence, action roll, omniblade, title card".

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By ShadyPingu

One of the better fan-made trailers.

Honestly, I don't know why Bioware is so bad at this promotional stuff. I really wish they'd go the Irrational route and try to tell some kind of truncated narrative with their trailers, since, you know, that's what their games are about.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Venatio

Really want to watch that but I won't because I wanna know as little as possible before playing. I felt like I knew way too much about ME2 going in

Also, are alot of people convinced that ME3 is going to be terrible? Why? Because Chobot is in it for a few minutes? Is it still alright for me to be really excited then?

Have there been previews that say that they completly destroyed Mass Effect with this game?

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Holy shit.

Goosebumps.

sjosz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sjosz

http://masseffect.bioware.com/

I'd say check again. Couple new trailers out today.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Dany
    @Sjosz

http://masseffect.bioware.com/

I'd say check again. Couple new trailers out today.

Create a new thread for them
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By xyzygy

Everytime I see the Reapers now I'm just reminded of how ridiculous this series has become and how I hate how Bioware have Michael Bay'ed the franchise.

I'm sorry, but if the entire fleet from all races combined just barely could make it out of surviving a conflict with a scout Reaper (Sovereign), the fact that they will be destroying Reapers left, right, and centre in ME3 is an insult to and belittles the previous games.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@xyzygy said:

Everytime I see the Reapers now I'm just reminded of how ridiculous this series has become and how I hate how Bioware have Michael Bay'ed the franchise.

I'm sorry, but if the entire fleet from all races combined just barely could make it out of surviving a conflict with a scout Reaper (Sovereign), the fact that they will be destroying Reapers left, right, and centre in ME3 is an insult to and belittles the previous games.

That is inaccurate. It was the few Turian ships guarding the Citadel, that really big one, and then a bunch of Alliance ships came in later. It wasn't the entirety of all their fleets.

Conversely though, the only reason they got the chance to take down Sovereign was that Shepard disabled it's "brain" by killing Saren? But then it was just the one proton torpedo (or whatever) from the Normandy that did it in.

So I'd they have a decent shot at it. Maybe.

Edit: Also, it wasn't just Sovereign, there were a bunch of Geth ships too.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Jimbo

Shepard.

neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By neoepoch

You can kinda tell it is a fan trailer early on though, with the lack of publisher/developer logos at the beginning of the trailer.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Yummylee

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

Holy shit. Goosebumps.

R.L Stine would be proud.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By TheHT

Also, the music at 0:29 is from Inception.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@MooseyMcMan: @xyzygy: Sovereign brought an invasion fleet in a sneak attack.  He stormed unprepared defenses and then shut the Citadel's arms.  When Alliance Fifth Fleet arrived and Shepard got the arms open, it went down.  Not all the fleets of all the races, Alliance Fifth Fleet.  And the killing blow was delivered by a stealth frigate of all things, not an Everest-class dreadnought.

Also remember that this time the Reapers have their toughest challenge yet.  Every other harvest they managed to completely obliterate the galaxy's communications by sneak attacking through the Citadel.  They've never had to spread their numbers against a prepared assault, they're used to going planet by planet eliminating species too confused and helpless to properly fight back.  Furthermore, this cycle was prolonged, the Reapers probably should've invaded a couple centuries previous, but the Keepers have been altered and Sovereign didn't want to risk a frontal assault (look how it turned out for him).  A couple centuries of technological advancement means this time the races of the galaxy are much better equipped, and have even begun reverse-engineering their technology (to create incredibly powerful cyborgs like Commander Shepard).
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By xyzygy

@Brodehouse: @MooseyMcMan: But still, the only reason Sovereign was defeated was because Sheperd had a duel with Sovereign who transferred his "mentality" into the cybernetics he put into Saren. He put them there to ensure Saren's loyalty and to prepare for this sort of thing - if Saren had defected, Sovereign could simply take control of his body and prevent any his plans from being revealed.

So what we learn from this is that Reapers can only be damaged in a weak state after their intellect or central system has been destroyed. Before Sovereign was defeated in Saren's body, he was completely unstoppable and nothing could touch him. The firepower of all those ships (AND the Ascension) didn't damage him. He just sailed right through into the Citadel, crashing into ships along the way and was literally unscathed.

I'm still curious how they're going to do this with hundreds, if not thousands, of Reapers...

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#22  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@xyzygy said:

If anything, the idea that in order to destroy this giant sentient ship you need to remove its consciousness is the dumbest part of this whole thing. I mean, it's a goddamned robot, right? Even if it isn't, it should be able to remotely control something like Saren without putting its entire consciousness into Saren. And even if it had to do that, you'd think there'd be some sort of backup system to keep the shields up, because there isn't any other logical explanation as to how it could go from being indestructible to being taken down with one shot so quickly.

So why don't we just stop trying to make sense out of a deus ex machina that was put in a game just to make it dramatic, and then we all go play ME3 when it comes out and hopefully enjoy it?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By xyzygy

@MooseyMcMan: True. It sucks though because the fact that Sovereign was a near unstoppable foe was one of the things that made ME1 so great. You actually felt like you were going to lose, by the way Vergil described the past and what the Reapers are. I mean of course you weren't actually going to lose but you know what I mean. He was just such an imposing villain, and now they're just commonplace and will be dropping like flies. It really takes away some of the lustre of the lore for me.

I will just be waiting for fan reaction to ME3 - since I'm a huge fan of the first game, I will be looking essentially for like minded people's opinions and if they've ruined the story I MIGHT give it a rent.

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By Death_Unicorn

Wow...

That has excited me more for Mass Effect 3 than anything BioWare has put out. Kudos to that guy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.