Lacking my import -- what will I miss?

#1 Posted by dvaeg (189 posts) -

I played ME1 on my Xbox and ME2 on my laptop via Steam. I just picked up ME3 (through Origin) and I cannot find my ME2 save anywhere. I had uninstalled it years ago after completing Shadow Broker.

Question: what will I miss by not importing (no spoilers for Part 3, please). Ashley was dead, something about saving a Krogan, I slept with Miranda, then slept with Tali (which Miranda didn't like) and only 1 person died in the end run of 2 (the female who told you when you had a message waiting).

Should I go through the hassle of creating a ME2 save?

#2 Posted by Kidavenger (3598 posts) -

I played without an import and you miss too much, I would do whatever you can to start with an import.

#3 Posted by StarvingGamer (8456 posts) -

It doesn't take long so you might as well.

#4 Posted by Brad (3259 posts) -

Yeah, do whatever you can (download and edit a save if you have to) to avoid starting fresh. The default options in ME3 are horrible. None of the party members from the previous games will show up, for instance; you get all their no-name surrogates instead. Totally not worth playing that way.

Staff
#5 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6999 posts) -

@dvaeg said:

I played ME1 on my Xbox and ME2 on my laptop via Steam.

Why would you even do that?

But anyway, yeah. I've only played a four or five hours of it, but so much of it has to do with your investment of the characters, it would be crazy to go in without a save.

#6 Posted by Aetheldod (3681 posts) -

Also you wont get the über versions of the powers ... thats the way to mplay it :D

#7 Posted by dvaeg (189 posts) -

@Brad said:

Yeah, do whatever you can (download and edit a save if you have to) to avoid starting fresh. The default options in ME3 are horrible. None of the party members from the previous games will show up, for instance; you get all their no-name surrogates instead. Totally not worth playing that way.

That's what I was afraid of.

Because as a father of three I no longer get much time in front of the TV. However I get plenty of time with my laptop when I'm travelling.

#8 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3957 posts) -

It doesn't take long to go through the edit save process.

#9 Posted by djou (878 posts) -

ME3 has the best gameplay of the series but if you care about the story at all go back and play the others. The entire game is about wrapping up loose ends no point in playing if you don't have those ends to tie.

#10 Posted by dvaeg (189 posts) -
@ArtisanBreads

It doesn't take long to go through the edit save process.

Been messing around with some of the Dave editors, but can't seem to make it work yet. Is everyone using the "gibbed editor"?
#11 Posted by dvaeg (189 posts) -

Didn't end up needing to edit. Found a site of saves, looked for the one closest to mine (only difference was the first name of the Shepard) and loaded it up. Im noticing small conversational differences already. Liara mentions the Shadow Broker for example.

#12 Posted by damswedon (3200 posts) -

@dvaeg said:

Didn't end up needing to edit. Found a site of saves, looked for the one closest to mine (only difference was the first name of the Shepard) and loaded it up. Im noticing small conversational differences already. Liara mentions the Shadow Broker for example.

Liara mentions that regardless, it is more about did Shepard help her or not.

#13 Posted by dvaeg (189 posts) -

I must have missed it when I first played without the import. Oh well. In my imagination it was awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.