Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Least Favorite Multiplayer Enemy Type?

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find a lot of the enemies in the multiplayer to be more irritating than necessary. I especially hate the Ravager and the Geth Rocket Trooper, since they seem to deal massive damage with even glancing blows (in fact, I'm pretty sure very few of the Rocket Trooper's shots even hit me directly).  

The bane of my existence happens to be the Phantom, though. I guess I don't even understand what it does to hurt me. I just know when its around ninety percent of my shielding/health evaporates into thin air. It doesn't have a clear attack animation or anything, which makes it a frustrating enemy to contend with, given it's power.  

Yours?

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Marz

Banshee mostly because you can't turtle in cover... they have too much barrier and health (silver and gold difficulty) once she gets to you, you have to run away but then the whole group gets decimated by Ravagers, Marauders, and etc because our cover got  compromised by the banshee.

RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By RIDEBIRD

Fuck banshees cornering me and oneshotting me goddamn always.

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#5  Edited By Mnemoidian

Bring an (Asari) Adept to handle the Banshees! Ravagers, Phantoms and Rocket Troopers are naughty things though.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Deranged

Used to be Phantom's but since I got the N7-Wraith, they pose no problem.

Banshee's are a HUGE bitch.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Justin258

Banshees, because they're absolutely cheap. Unlike the Ravager or the Atlas or other super armored enemies, they don't move slow or stay in one spot. They are always teleporting around the battlefield faster than you can even think of moving. They have an instant kill attack in the form of sticking their fucking hands through your chest. Their shrieks are downright annoying. And they are bullet sponges.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By TheHT

Motherfuckin' Banshees.

GodsMistakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By GodsMistakeXx

I think banshees win the poll

Stahlbrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By Stahlbrand

If I had a dollar for every time I was carrying a team and got cornered and one-shotted by a Banshee at the very start of round 9 or 10, and watched the rest of the team fold and waste 18 minutes of gameplay, I'd probably have $20.

My bad luck.

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By NoobSauceG7

Banshees and Ravengers suck

EToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By EToaster

The Banshees and Brutes are just distractions to get you out of cover so that the god damn Ravagers can murder you hard. :(

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#13  Edited By Yummylee

I was going to say Ravagers, because if they can catch you off-guard, you're fucking toast. But then you brought up Phantoms and... yeah, screw that shittery.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Hector

Banshees are the worst! Talk about bullet sponges...

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CL60

Ravagers piss me off.

phampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By phampire

While I agree banshees are annoying, geth hunter and pyros in groups seem to take me out faster (especially if I am not using an infiltrator or engineer). Using a drell adept, is the best class against banshees imo, since they have the fastest movement speed (handy to avoid getting insta-killed) and a power that does increased damaged to barriers AND armour (reave). Ravagers and turrets are nasty and can put you down fast if you don't know where you are getting hit from or if you can't make it to cover. While banshees are an incredible threat they are the noisiest, so they are unlikely to take you by surprise unless you aren't paying attention.

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By benjaebe

What is the best strategy for a Banshee anyway, because fuck those things.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By SuperWristBands

Ravagers because there tends to be a few of them and if another enemy type (banshee/brute) force you out of cover then there is a good chance you will get effed.

I find Phantoms to be the deadliest in the Cerberus set, Geth Pyros and Hunters in the Geth set, and Ravagers in the Reaper set.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@benjaebe said:

What is the best strategy for a Banshee anyway, because fuck those things.

Keep your distance. Seriously, even when you're far enough away so they can't instantly kill you, they have that other move that drains the shields of everyone around them. Stay FAR away. They only have one ranged attack, and it moves slowly enough that you can usually either get to cover, or dodge it.

thomasnash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By thomasnash

Banshees easily fuck teams I'm on up fastest. The thing I hate about the instakill move as well is that it's one of only two ways to die with no hope of being revived. Super-cheap.

I do think that Phantoms have a similar instakill, but they don't soak up as much damage, so banshees def win for me.

The biggest mistep Bioware made in this game imo (gameplay wise, anyway) is making so many Melee focused enemies, without really making Melee a viable strategy for you. Oh, you can take down all my shields and put me at 1 bar of health with one shot, taste the wrath of my heavy melee attack that takes of one bar of your health!

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By Vorbis

Geth Hunter, everything else I can Biotic Explosion spam before it reaches me, but cloaked Geth can't be targeted. Requires either using a weapon (what?) to bring them out of cloak, or to manually aim Biotics which can be tricky.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By phrosnite

Banshees are cool and not that hard to deal with. Ravagers on the other hand. Those rockets! Also phantom.

Hilikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Hilikus

Banshee & Ravager tag teams. Worst thing. 

Phantoms close runner-up. HOW CAN THAT STUPID SHOOTY-HAND DO SO MUCH DAMAGE!

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BraveToaster

I like it when people talk strategy.

thellama042

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By thellama042

Banshees. One of them decimated my squad to the last guy (who happened to be an infiltrator) and we watched him run around trying to kill it for a good 15-20 minutes. It was.... not exciting.

LegalBagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#27  Edited By LegalBagel

Banshees by far. Ton of life, insta-kill attacks, quick teleporting ruining your shots and forcing you out of cover, AND a constant annoying scream. The rest of the enemies are far easier to take down, dodge, or stay in cover to avoid their shots. I can still be taken out unawares by a Ravager, but unless there's a Banshee in there mucking things it's usually not game ending.

I've found far less trouble with the Geth/Cerberus forces, but that may be because of the fun that are Overload and Incinerate.

DieTheShisno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DieTheShisno

Banshees, but largely because its insta-kill works too damn much sometimes. Anyone else every been in a situation where you totally roll away from a Banshee, sometimes roll behind it, and the game literally just pulls you back to its front so it can unfairly insta-kill you? Always the way those jerks end up taking me down.

I've had it happen with Brutes sometimes also, but they don't use their insta-kills nearly as vigorously as Banshees. Phantoms and Atlases just like to shoot a lot.

thomasnash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By thomasnash

I think the worst thing about banshees is that with all the other "heavy" enemy types (brutes, Atlas) it's fairly simple to just pop off a cobra rocket if you're really in a jam, but more often than not the Banshee ends up doing it's dash making it hard to get the shot, or worse, making you miss and waste it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Banshees suck, but they're supposed to and there's rarely more than 1 or 2 of them in play at any time.

Ravagers on the other hand are all over the fucking place and are just as damaging.

Bumpton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By Bumpton

Hah, based on these comments I'm pretty sure the poll options could be narrowed down to Banshees, Phantoms, and Ravagers. Although I have had a couple Geth Hunters surprise sex me on occasion...

Between the Banshee and Phantom for me, but Banshees seem harder to kill so I went with them.

Btw, who the hell picked Cannibals? I certainly hope that wasn't a serious response...

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Pinworm45

Banshees. They obnoxiously move around like assholes and while they aren't the most dangerous, the take forever to kill and it's just annoying.

@Vorbis said:

Geth Hunter, everything else I can Biotic Explosion spam before it reaches me, but cloaked Geth can't be targeted. Requires either using a weapon (what?) to bring them out of cloak, or to manually aim Biotics which can be tricky.

Protip: Shoot them once with your pistol/smg and then you can target and have your biotics track.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

The only correct answer is Geth Hunters.

Once 3 of em decide to flank you while 2 Pyro's en a Geth Prime are busting down your door...yeah, I hate them.

GrandMarshal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#34  Edited By GrandMarshal

f***ing banshees

WightnNerdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#35  Edited By WightnNerdy

I hate Phantoms the most. With the Banshee most of her attacks are easy to dodge you just need to keep your distance. Phantoms are much more quick an agile making them far more difficult to hit, plus she has that irritating one-hit kill sword stab. And even when you decide to keep your distance from her she hits you with that dumb palm gun that does a stupid amount of damage. Whenever I get the chance to charge her with my Krogan I don't think twice. 

Also: fuck Banshees. They can absolutely ruin your entire team if you aren't careful. And like mentioned before, Ravagers with their super-rockets are pretty annoying.

dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By dillonwerner

Fucking banshees...

thomasnash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By thomasnash

@Brodehouse: Banshees are the equivalent of Atlas Mechs aren't they? Or are they equivalent to Phantoms? I only ask because I played my first Gold match earlier and about round 5 about 6 Atlas mechs were spawned. The thought of dealing with that many Banshees is chilling.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thomasnash The Banshees are the Boss-Class enemy in the Reaper faction, so they're more equivalent to Atlases.

And, yeah, you'll sometimes fight two or three Banshees at once. This sometimes breaks the multiplayer mode--if you ever have the "hack-this-one-spot" objective it becomes nearly impossible to complete with that many Banshees.
    OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39  Edited By OneManX

Geth Plasma Shotgun = Fuck Everything.

But I still hate th Pyros, they just flush you out into the waiting arms of Rocket troopers with Godlike aim.

Avatar image for james_giant_peach
    James_Giant_Peach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sheebans

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Cataphract1014

Banshees are the most annoying single enemy, but when hunters swarm you in packs of like 6, they can be a bitch to deal with.

I've been having cover not work against them and grab prompts not come up too.

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By WarlordPayne

The swarmers are the only enemy that I wish wasn't in the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.