Marauder Shields Comic - Shed a Tear and Wallow in Poignant Glory

#1 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

koobismo's 'Marauder Shields' comic on deviantART

It's been linked elsewhere on this forum. The Marauder Shields comics on deviantART by koobismo. It stirred an unforeseen melancholy in me, and I shed a tear for the greatness Mass Effect 3's ending experience never was. In many of these strips things are exactly what I hoped they'd be in the actual game. His ending critique is so poignant and positive and creative - the very essence of what could have been and wasn't. If you have any fondness for Mass Effect and did experience ME3, you definitely should check it out and wallow in its message. For it is a very powerful one.
#2 Posted by Akyho (1594 posts) -

The only good thing about the ending...His name was Marauder shields!

#3 Posted by Brodehouse (9780 posts) -

His name was Marauder Shields!

#4 Posted by Brendan (7734 posts) -

I don't get the whole thing with Marauder Shields? Is it just because his name's funny?

#5 Posted by Yummylee (21475 posts) -

Those fake critic quotes are kinda bleh and aren't very creative, but still... Marauder Shields /salute. Greatness from small beginnings... and massive endings.

#6 Posted by stinky (1544 posts) -

hell of a comic that wins a film award.

#7 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -
@Abyssfull said:

Those fake critic quotes are kinda bleh and aren't very creative, but still... Marauder Shields /salute. Greatness from small beginnings... and massive endings.

My meaning being, that the comic strips are his critique, not the fake quotes on the pic I posted.
#8 Posted by D_Bones (365 posts) -

I read the whole thing so far just now and I must agree sort of a distaste in my mouth for what could have been. Really wish (even though it would have been fan servicey) if you got to see each character have a heroic moment. Or at the very least see the Krogan roll in, then the Elcor show up and the Batarians have their last stand or whatever. Feel like there was a missed opportunity to showcase how your recruitment effected the attack on Earth.

#9 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -
#10 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

Yeah, these are really cool.  Some are better than others.  I like the Serenity nod in the latest one, but how the hell did he miss the obvious Star Wars reference in the same comic?  

"Never tell me the odds."

#11 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10856 posts) -

I don't know how I feel that they just completely abandoned Marauder Shields the character after the first few. I mean, come on! It's named after him!

#12 Posted by Arker101 (1474 posts) -

I like the Marauder Shields joke, but unfortunately it reminds me about what happened to ME3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.