Mass Effect 3 $29 for console versions at Walmart Canada

#1 Posted by LiquidPrince (16181 posts) -

So I just picked up my 360 version of Mass Effect 3 as well to compliment my PS3 version. The console versions are currently on sale at Walmart Canada for $29. Just thought I'd share for anyone who hasn't picked it up yet.

#2 Posted by Zlimness (573 posts) -

Europeans can find it for £24 at Amazon.co.uk and Zavvi. I'm putting in my order now, I've go to experience the ending of this game.

#3 Posted by Toxeia (725 posts) -

Mass Effect 3 is already half off? Or are these used copies? If used, I wasn't aware that Walmart would even handle used products. If not, that really says something to me about the game when Skyrim's still about $45+ at Amazon.

#4 Posted by RE_Player1 (7526 posts) -

Wtf is happening with Walmart Canada? First they were selling 3DS systems for $119 a couple weeks ago, which made me pick one up for my brother because you can get a $20 mail in rebate from Nintendo basically making it a $100 3DS, and now this. I'm seriously going to do a majority of my game shopping at Walmart now.

#5 Posted by LiquidPrince (16181 posts) -

@Toxeia: New copies, not used.

@msavo: Whatever it is, I'm not complaining.

#6 Posted by canucks23 (1087 posts) -

@msavo said:

Wtf is happening with Walmart Canada? First they were selling 3DS systems for $119 a couple weeks ago, which made me pick one up for my brother because you can get a $20 mail in rebate from Nintendo basically making it a $100 3DS, and now this. I'm seriously going to do a majority of my game shopping at Walmart now.

They've always seemed to have weird random game deals. I remembering them having Batman: AA and Borderlands for $40 when they launched.

#7 Posted by Choffy (444 posts) -

@LiquidPrince: Didn't I send you a copy of Transformers to Canada before? Maybe we can work out a deal where you send me one of dem Mass Effect 3's (if it isn't region-locked on the 360)?

#8 Edited by WilliamRLBaker (4779 posts) -

.....please dont let it be region locked on the 360...

:( no shipping to the US.....

#9 Posted by killacam (1278 posts) -

DEAL! thanks for the heads up

#10 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5154 posts) -

@Zlimness said:

Europeans can find it for £24 at Amazon.co.uk and Zavvi. I'm putting in my order now, I've go to experience the ending of this game.

It's a shame that's why you want to play the game.

#11 Edited by WilliamRLBaker (4779 posts) -

by the way I found out that canada shares the same region as the US.

Edit: went ahead and called around most online stores bestbuy.com, walmart.com...ect will not price match a out of country store... *even though current conversion puts the CAD and US dollar at the same give or take a half a percent of a percent of a penny*

#12 Posted by Wikitoups (881 posts) -

Was gonna get this on holidays but nope gonna get it today thanks!

#13 Posted by Jrad (624 posts) -

...there was some doubt that Canada shared the same region as the USA? Guys, you know where Canada is on the map, right? Do you honestly think you'd have your own unique region-encoding and leave the other North American country out of the loop?

#14 Posted by Jimbo (9998 posts) -

Did they wildly overestimate how popular Mass Effect is? Again?

#15 Posted by Sackmanjones (4761 posts) -

Nice! Got yourself a great game for half the price

#16 Posted by SmasheControllers (2553 posts) -

@Sackmanjones: My thoughts exactly.

#17 Posted by LiquidPrince (16181 posts) -

@Sackmanjones said:

Well, I already had it for PS3 and PC. I just wanted it for 360 as well. I know, I'm weird. But only for Mass Effect.

#18 Posted by Phatmac (5728 posts) -

@LiquidPrince said:

@Sackmanjones said:

Well, I already had it for PS3 and PC. I just wanted it for 360 as well. I know, I'm weird. But only for Mass Effect.

Same with me and Bastion actually. Bought it for the PC when I already had it for the 360. Guess I wanted a reason to play it again.

#19 Posted by onan (1286 posts) -

@WilliamRLBaker said:

by the way I found out that canada shares the same region as the US.

Edit: went ahead and called around most online stores bestbuy.com, walmart.com...ect will not price match a out of country store... *even though current conversion puts the CAD and US dollar at the same give or take a half a percent of a percent of a penny*

How did you not know that by now? Seems like practically half of the games sold at gamestop and amazon have English and French text on the back.

#20 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

@Jimbo said:

Did they wildly overestimate how popular Mass Effect is? Again?

Well, they did claim that the third part of a trilogy would be the perfect place for newcomers to jump in.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.