Mass Effect 3 CE Specifications

• 94 results
#1 Edited by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

The details on the Collector's Edition have surfaced, and it looks good.

Get the ultimate Mass Effect 3 experience with the N7 Collector’s Edition! This exclusive and limited package includes:
  • Premium metal case featuring commemorative artwork of Commander Shepard.
  • 70-page hardbound art book featuring hundreds of unique and gorgeous illustrations from the BioWare development team.
  • Limited edition Mass Effect comic by Dark Horse Comics, complete with unique cover artwork.
  • Join the ranks of the N7 with the premium fabric N7 patch.
  • Exclusive 4x6 lithographic print featuring a one-of-a-kind piece of artwork.
  • A full collection of in-game content that can’t be found anywhere else!
  • N7 Arsenal Pack – Bring the firepower with the N7 Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, SMG, and Pistol.
  • Robotic Dog – A faithful sidekick to keep you company on board the Normandy.
  • Squadmate Alternate Outfit Pack – New appearances for your favorite squad members.
  • N7 Hoodie – For Commander Shepard’s casual days on board the Normandy.
  • Relive all the greatest moments of Mass Effect 3 with the digital soundtrack.
  • Xbox LIVE Normandy prop for your Avatar. (Available on Xbox 360 version only.)
  • Display your initiation in the N7 ranks with a collection of forum and social badges, avatars, and perks.

Looks like a solid CE to me, especially with the litograph and the fact that they seem to hint at a new and improved female Shepard, her becoming a print on the tin casing this time.

I also noticed an interesting piece in it. The squad appearance pack. The dog is what it is and I guess it's Liara on the right in some form of Justicar gear.

But the guy on the left is completely unfamiliar to me. Could that be James Vega? (that is now confirmed to be the case)

Alternate Outfits

The alternate outfits shown in the screenshot are still placeholders and subject to change. When it comes to the ME1 characters it's more about colors, while Vega as a whole is still a placeholder.

Digital Deluxe (Origin) Edition

Details have surfaced over the digital deluxe version that will, as far as I know, only be available through Origin.

• Digital commemorative artwork of Commander Shepard.
  • 70-page Digital art book featuring hundreds of unique and gorgeous illustrations from the BioWare development team.
  • Limited edition Mass Effect digital comic by Dark Horse Comics, complete with unique cover artwork.
  • Exclusive Digital 4x6 lithographic featuring a one-of-a-kind piece of artwork.
  • A full collection of in-game content that can’t be found anywhere else!
  • N7 Arsenal Pack – Bring the firepower with the N7 Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, SMG, and Pistol.
  • Robotic Dog Companion – A faithful sidekick to keep you company on board the Normandy.
  • Squadmate Alternate Outfit Pack – New appearances for your favorite squad members.
  • N7 Hoodie – For Commander Shepard’s casual days on board the Normandy.
  • Relive all the greatest moments of Mass Effect 3 with the digital soundtrack.
  • Display your initiation in the N7 ranks with a collection of forum and social badges, avatars, and perks.

So pretty much the same as the CE, only digital and no N7 patch. And whether the regular ME3 edition will be made available through Steam, is still left unsaid.

#2 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

Ea's Origin site said it as a prothean level and character but was taken down

But yeah preordered on amazon already

#3 Posted by Starfishhunter9 (369 posts) -

NIce. Any info on pricing yet? I would like to get this but budgets a bit limited right now.

#4 Posted by FreakAche (2953 posts) -

I want me a robotic dog.

#5 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

Fuck yeah robotic dog. Sold.

#6 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11039 posts) -

Wait, so do you not get a robot pooch if you buy the regular-ass edition? 

Moderator Online
#7 Posted by Chop (1998 posts) -

Why does Bioware insist on plastering generic Shepard on everything? I don't know who that man is, give me art of someone who is actually in my game!

#8 Edited by s7evn (1072 posts) -

@Starfishhunter9 said:

NIce. Any info on pricing yet? I would like to get this but budgets a bit limited right now.

I've seen it for $80. I didn't know it came with a Lithograph, I think the amazon one I looked at was missing some of that stuff.

#9 Posted by Slaker117 (4842 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan said:
No, but the ass edition does come with an exclusive alternate outfit for Miranda.
#10 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11039 posts) -
@Slaker117 said:
@MooseyMcMan said:
No, but the ass edition does come with an exclusive alternate outfit for Miranda.
Great. I'll start caring when I feel the appearance of a secondary character that I don't care about too much (she was fine in ME2, far from my favorite) affects gameplay in a meaningful way. 

Having a robot dog is pretty sick though. But I kinda wish there was an organic-ass dog (almost put "real dog;" remembered stuff in videogames is not real) like in Star Trek Enterprise. That dog was the best part of that show. 
Moderator Online
#11 Posted by NegativeCero (3003 posts) -
I almost feel like I should get it because it's Shepard's last game in this trilogy (though I know they aren't done with these games) and I kind of hate myself for it since I never buy collector editions.
#12 Posted by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -

If that pic is anything to go by Sammara is returning as a squad member in ME3.

#13 Posted by s7evn (1072 posts) -

N7 Hoodie – For Commander Shepard’s casual days on board the Normandy.

Is this an in-game item? I'm confused as to why I would want Shepard wandering around in a hoodie. Also, why are hoodies still in existance 100 years from now.

#14 Posted by Chirotera (53 posts) -

James Sanders has been renamed James Vega. And yes, that is him. There's confirmation on the official forums by Priestly.

#15 Posted by General_D23 (1201 posts) -

@Dylabaloo said:

It's Liara in a Samara "inspired" reskin of her standard armor.

I honestly would've liked an even bigger Collector's Edition with some more stuff in there, but this is fine. I'll pre-order it.

#16 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

Definitely getting this.

#17 Posted by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -

@General_D23 said:

@Dylabaloo said:

I honestly would've liked an even bigger Collector's Edition with some more stuff in there, but this is fine. I'll pre-order it.

Any confirmation on this?

#18 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

@Dylabaloo said:

@General_D23 said:

@Dylabaloo said:

Any confirmation on this?

No, Marketing head on the bioware forums that they wanted to have a 'uber elite' edition but those plans have fallen through. Jarret Lee

Hi guys - this is not intended to rival any "uber edition"...nor is it priced as such! :) This is the Collectors Edition, along same lines as the ME2 CE and the ME1 CE.

Though I had been hopeful, the uber edition doesn't look like it will materialize I'm sad to report. There's no single reason I can give you, it came down to a large number of factors.

#19 Posted by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -

@Dany: I meant about the Liara skin but damn I would have loved a higher tier edition Mass Effect is easily my favourite game this generation.

#20 Posted by Dookysharpgun (586 posts) -

Robotic dog? Holy crap, something whimsical and good-natured that might actually be cool as well? This is coming from Bioware? I think my faith may have been restored a bit in them now.....

#21 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -
@CitizenKane said:

Definitely getting this.

Same. Already plopped down 60 for my copy. Whats another 20?
#22 Posted by Barrock (3533 posts) -

Already pre-ordered on Amazon.

#23 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5425 posts) -

Day 1!

#24 Posted by Boom_goes_the_dynamite (722 posts) -

Robot dog!!!  

Alright Bioware just take my money, but I can't lie I was disappointed I couldn't bring my Varren onto my ship though in ME2.

#25 Posted by General_D23 (1201 posts) -

@Dylabaloo said:

@Dany: I meant about the Liara skin but damn I would have loved a higher tier edition Mass Effect is easily my favourite game this generation.

There's a larger description...somewhere that says the Alternate Appearance Pack contains new suits for Ashley/Kaiden, Liara, and Vega...let's see...

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/324/index/7549834

Squadmate Alternate Outfit Pack – New appearances for squad members Ashley, Kaiden, James and Liara.

#26 Posted by Mike76x (558 posts) -

I will name my dog Anders, and I will beat him mercilessly while wearing a hoodie.
At least he wont die like all my fish in ME2.

#27 Posted by Red (5995 posts) -

Pre-ordered already. So pumped. However, those N7 weapons don't look like entirely unique models. The shotgun is the eviscerator, the pistol is the phalanx, and the SMG is the tempest. I'm pretty sure the sniper rifle has been used before too. However, they're probably just placeholders--kinda like how in the demos they were using the Mattock, but it had the icon for the Vindicator. 

Man, I'm feeling like a humongous nerd.

#28 Posted by Barrock (3533 posts) -

Does the dog lick his robot dog balls?

#29 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

I usually don't buy Collector's Editions but I just might get this.

#30 Posted by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -

@General_D23 said:

@Dylabaloo said:

There's a larger description...somewhere that says the Alternate Appearance Pack contains new suits for Ashley/Kaiden, Liara, and Vega...let's see...

Squadmate Alternate Outfit Pack – New appearances for squad members Ashley, Kaiden, James and Liara.

Thanks!

#31 Posted by QKT (250 posts) -

those n7 weapons look verrrrry standard me2 guns. 
i guess its still too early for showing new weapons off. 
sanders looks like a tool. 
but the hoodie just sells it for me. i hope it comes to UK

#32 Posted by YoThatLimp (1910 posts) -

@s7evn said:

N7 Hoodie – For Commander Shepard’s casual days on board the Normandy.

Is this an in-game item? I'm confused as to why I would want Shepard wandering around in a hoodie. Also, why are hoodies still in existance 100 years from now.

They are that fucking comfortable.

#33 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1769 posts) -

@Barrock said:

Already pre-ordered on Amazon.

#34 Edited by Mr_Skeleton (5144 posts) -
#35 Posted by mazik765 (2315 posts) -

What?! A Robot dog?!

#36 Posted by niamahai (1405 posts) -

i'm putting down BradBucks its Ashley with hair down AND miranda catsuit.

#37 Posted by Brendan (7811 posts) -

This will be the first time I ever buy a collector's edition. Fuck it. I love the Mass Effect series so much, I want to go all in with this last Shepard game.

#38 Posted by rmanthorp (3950 posts) -

BOUGHT.

#39 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

@General_D23 said:

@Dylabaloo said:

Also, if that would have been Samara, which would have been strange in its own to give her Her own suit as an alternate costume, she must have gotten a serious breast reduction and jaw line adjustment.

Samara is definitely one of the few Asari you can tell apart at a distance.

#40 Edited by VicRattlehead (1398 posts) -

pre ordered... the UK CE is the same as this right? and holy shit at pre ordering a game thats almost a year away crazy

#41 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

@VicRattlehead said:

pre ordered... the UK CE is the same as this right? and holy shit at pre ordering a game thats almost a year away crazy

The retailer here in Sweden, that I buy my games from, has listed the exact same specs as on here. So from that, and the fact that I believe the previous two Collector's Edition came with the same stuff on all regions, it's no difference between the regions.

#42 Posted by kishinfoulux (2315 posts) -

Okay the robo dog sold me. Damn it. >_>

#43 Posted by Edwardryu (437 posts) -

hahaha.... robot doggy as pet. how is it weird? so is it galactic version of fable 3? but I love real dog not cyber. come on, change it before release. how about kitten?  

#44 Posted by SgtGrumbles (1024 posts) -

@Chop said:

Why does Bioware insist on plastering generic Shepard on everything? I don't know who that man is, give me art of someone who is actually in my game!

You serious, son?

#45 Posted by papercut (3500 posts) -

So is that an in game hoodie?

#46 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

@papercut said:

It is.

#47 Posted by WillyLo (302 posts) -

Done and done, preordered!

Oh god, I can't waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit why does March 6th have to be so far away

#48 Posted by warxsnake (2650 posts) -

FUCKING ORIGIN. FUCKING FUCK. I want all these EA digital premiums on Steam god fucking dammit. 

#49 Posted by Jasta (2217 posts) -

It'd be a shame if some of the in-game stuff wasn't available to people who don't buy the CE.

#50 Posted by papercut (3500 posts) -

@PhatSeeJay said:

@papercut said:

It is.

My mind is incapable of imagining such a thing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.