Mass Effect 3 characters... (no spoilers as far as I know)

#1 Posted by arkadysmile (145 posts) -

I was just replaying Mass Effect 2 and I really want Anderson to join up with Shepard in the 3rd and kick some Reaper ass. Enough sitting on the side lines, time for Keith David to take charge. Who else would be a good fit for your last crew?

#2 Posted by Atlantus_Air (187 posts) -

Character list should be: Miranda, Garrus, Mordin, Grunt, Thane (maybe), Jacob, Joker, Tali, Legion, Jack (maybe), Zaeed (DLC), Samara (maybe), Dr. Chakwas (not fighting),  David Anderson, and maybe Wrex's clan will assist you at some point.

#3 Posted by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -
@Atlantus_Air said:
" Character list should be: Miranda, Garrus, Mordin, Grunt, Thane (maybe), Jacob, Joker, Tali, Legion, Jack (maybe), Zaeed (DLC), Samara (maybe), Dr. Chakwas (not fighting),  David Anderson, and maybe Wrex's clan will assist you at some point. "
No no no I think its obvious to what Bioware were building towards from the first one and second The Rachni, Geth, Krogan, Humans your going to be recruiting Planets in a war against the Reapers also Yeah those dudes seem pretty good if they came back maybe we'll see Ashley/Kaiden, hope  Thanes still in it he kicked ass.
#4 Edited by Soapy86 (2620 posts) -

I think your party (I assume that's what OP means when he says crew) will mostly consist of whoever survived Mass Effect 2. I'm sure they'll have a few more characters for you to recruit (they kind of have to since everybody can die in ME2), but I agree with Dylabaloo that ME3 will probably have more of a focus on recruiting entire armies Dragon Age style.

#5 Posted by Marz (5646 posts) -

Conrad Verner obviously.

#6 Posted by StarFoxA (5140 posts) -
@Marz: Just go ahead and make Mass Effect 3 center around him.
#7 Posted by Atlantus_Air (187 posts) -
@Dylabaloo said:
" @Atlantus_Air said:
" Character list should be: Miranda, Garrus, Mordin, Grunt, Thane (maybe), Jacob, Joker, Tali, Legion, Jack (maybe), Zaeed (DLC), Samara (maybe), Dr. Chakwas (not fighting),  David Anderson, and maybe Wrex's clan will assist you at some point. "
No no no I think its obvious to what Bioware were building towards from the first one and second The Rachni, Geth, Krogan, Humans your going to be recruiting Planets in a war against the Reapers also Yeah those dudes seem pretty good if they came back maybe we'll see Ashley/Kaiden, hope  Thanes still in it he kicked ass. "
Kaiden was unlikable and I only enjoyed him for having Carth's voice and Ashley is a racist.
#8 Posted by Greyhound85 (12 posts) -
@Marz:

lol nice...that guy annoyed the hell outta me when I played the first game....and he can still manage to get on my nerves in the second.....So I guess I'll see ya in Mass Effect 3 Conrad! ....you pansy ass....
#9 Posted by Forever (100 posts) -

haha just imagine the random dialogue conrad would have if you took him in ur party on missions...awesome.
 oh and wheres ma batarian squadmate!

#10 Posted by LiquidPrince (15857 posts) -
@Marz said:

" Conrad Verner obviously.

"
I never even met this dude... What?
#11 Posted by SonicBoyster (348 posts) -
@Atlantus_Air: Didn't Ashley have a change of heart if you romanced her as a good guy?  I'm pretty sure I remember her speaking more carefully towards the end of that game if you kept her alive and romanced her.  Kaiden, similarly, could become a total asshole if you were a mean character and romanced him.
#12 Edited by Joeybagad0nutz (1438 posts) -
@LiquidPrince: He was some random guy in ME who wanted your autograph and wanted to be just like Sheperd. Depending on your actions, he appears in ME2. Paragon action, he doesn't appear, Renegade he does.
#13 Posted by LiquidPrince (15857 posts) -
@JoeRiccadonna said:
" @LiquidPrince: He was some random guy in ME who wanted your autograph and wanted to be just like Sheperd. Depending on your actions, he appears in ME2. Paragon action, he doesn't appear, Renegade he does. "
I was paragon, but I didn't even meet him so that's that.
#14 Posted by Malakhii (1443 posts) -

I think they will go with mainly a new cast, it saves them on voice recording for people who lost crew members and need new characters to replace them. Instead of having dialog for two characters, they'll just have new ones, with cameos by old characters. Like ME2 did. 

#15 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1438 posts) -
@LiquidPrince: He was in the citadel in the first game if you ever want to go back :)
#16 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -
@Marz: Is this going to be one of those stories where the lame guy (Conrad) does nothing but suck, but then at the end somehow saves the universe through a stroke of dumb luck? 
That should be the ending if you beat Mass Effect 3 on Insanity. Just a huge F U to everyone after playing through on the highest difficulty.
#17 Posted by LiquidPrince (15857 posts) -
@JoeRiccadonna said:
" @LiquidPrince: He was in the citadel in the first game if you ever want to go back :) "
I'll be on the lookout =)
#18 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -
@JoeRiccadonna said:
" @LiquidPrince: He was some random guy in ME who wanted your autograph and wanted to be just like Sheperd. Depending on your actions, he appears in ME2. Paragon action, he doesn't appear, Renegade he does. "
Actually... I was paragon in ME 1 and he still showed up. I remember thinking that everything he was telling me in Mass Effect 2 made no sense at all in comparison to what I did in the first game.
#19 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1438 posts) -
@FunExplosions said:
" @JoeRiccadonna said:
Actually... I was paragon in ME 1 and he still showed up. I remember thinking that everything he was telling me in Mass Effect 2 made no sense at all in comparison to what I did in the first game. "
No, what I meant was if you were like nice to him (Depending on your actions when talking to him) he'll appear in ME2. He only appears if you were mean to him.
#20 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -
@Marz said:

" Conrad Verner obviously.

"
Holy shit. That guy is in ME2?? I had no idea, I killed him off by being a total douche in my last playthrough of ME1.
#21 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -
@JoeRiccadonna said:
" @FunExplosions said:
" @JoeRiccadonna said:
Actually... I was paragon in ME 1 and he still showed up. I remember thinking that everything he was telling me in Mass Effect 2 made no sense at all in comparison to what I did in the first game. "
No, what I meant was if you were like nice to him (Depending on your actions when talking to him) he'll appear in ME2. He only appears if you were mean to him. "
Yeah. I know what you meant. I was nice to him. Told him to forget about it, or whatever the Paragon choice was. That's why I thought it was weird when he shows up, blaming me for his being there.
#22 Posted by nirokogaseru (149 posts) -
@FunExplosions: It's bugged.  They assume you put a gun in his face even if you didn't
#23 Posted by J_bomb3 (1 posts) -

I rhink your crew depends on your actions, paragon would probably mean more aliens, and renegade would probably more humans

#24 Posted by zeus_gb (595 posts) -

Conrad will save the universe!

#25 Posted by Helimocopter (369 posts) -

Three Wrex

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.