Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Mass Effect 3: Earth Leaked.

• 58 results
    Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By SmasheControllers
    The fighting is fiercest when it's your home at stake! Mass Effect 3™: Earth adds mods, gear, and new maps for Rio, Vancouver, and London. It features 3 new weapons: Piranha assault shotgun, Acolyte pistol, and Typhoon light machine gun. Six new human N7 classes are also available: Destroyer, Paladin, Demolisher, Slayer, Shadow, and Fury!

I'm always down for more DLC.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Oldirtybearon

source?

SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SmasheControllers

@Oldirtybearon: Source

I'm not saying it's true, but I love the MP so any info on more stuff is always cool even if it's not true.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@SmasheControllers said:

I'm not saying it's true, but I love the MP so any info on more stuff is always cool even if it's not true.

If it's the same guy who fucking nailed everything about ME3 DLC so far, then yeah, we can go ahead and get excited here.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By AngelN7

So this one gotta be paid right? either that or MS policy is just a bunch of BS , not that I'm asking for paid DLC or that I would want something that doesn't affect to me (because I play on PS3) to happen, but since is Microsoft policy for no more than 2 free DLC is the one that dictates how DLC works on their console I assume that if X developer says "well if we can't release more free DLC then the next one is gonna be paid and we might as well make it paid on PS3 too" right?.

SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SmasheControllers

@Oldirtybearon said:

@SmasheControllers said:

If it's the same guy who fucking nailed everything about ME3 DLC so far, then yeah, we can go ahead and get excited here.

My thoughts exactly. What new mods could they add?

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@SmasheControllers: My guess is that they'll be adding mods to deal with specific enemy types. I know for a fact that if they offered a mod for purchase/loot that could fuck up Banshees I'd be one happy Vanguard.

Hate those things.

SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SmasheControllers

@AngelN7: I'm guessing Microsoft's willing to let to slide so's long as there's no achievements, that's what Valve did to release the Portal 2 DLC for free. I'd prefer not to pay but I'd pay no more than $5 for this.

EchoEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EchoEcho

Was hoping they'd do an Earth pack at some point. Was kind of a given, right? Really looking forward to it, if that source is accurate.

SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@EchoEcho: Same, Earth and Eden Prime were the only two planets I could think of they didn't do.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AngelN7

@SmasheControllers said:

@AngelN7: I'm guessing Microsoft's willing to let to slide so's long as there's no achievements, that's what Valve did to release the Portal 2 DLC for free. I'd prefer not to pay but I'd pay no more than $5 for this.

No like I'm saying I'm not asking for DLC to be charged that would be crazy , personally I wouldn't have bought any Mass Effect 3 multiplayer DLC if they were priced, I'm just wondering how that policy works I guess as you said deppends on the game, hopefully is that and not achivements because I think that's insane having achivements shouldn't warrant putting price on any piece of DLC.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Neat, I guess. Still no word on the new ending DLC? Or was that just some BS they made up on the spot to get people to stop complaining (not making a statement either way on the ending, just curious).

Slurpelve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Slurpelve

This looks interesting, I hope they do this would probably get me back in Mass Effect 3 multiplayer

EchoEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By EchoEcho

@MooseyMcMan: I'm guessing it's coming. But if they actually have to pull in voice actors to record additional dialog and such, it could take some time to produce. Assuming that's something they're doing, anyway. Fuck if I know, etc.

Gerhabio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By Gerhabio

@MooseyMcMan said:

Neat, I guess. Still no word on the new ending DLC? Or was that just some BS they made up on the spot to get people to stop complaining (not making a statement either way on the ending, just curious).

Yeah, I'm indifferent toward this as well. Not that into the multiplayer. Played it enough to get my readiness rating above 4000 in the single player but that's it.

I'd rather have them announce when the single player DLC is coming out.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@EchoEcho: Yeah, I hadn't really considered that. I guess that depends on who they get back. Do they slap something together and just use Shepard (Mark Meer/Jennifer Hale), or do they get the "famous" people with busy schedules? (I'm just assuming that Mark Meer has plenty of time since he lives in Canada and it seems like all he does is goofy improv/internet videos, no clue about Jennifer Hale (she's probably more busy).)

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#17  Edited By big_jon

Free?

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AngelN7

@MooseyMcMan said:

It's comming in summer I think, some voice actors (the one for Hackett and EDI) were recording dialog a few weeks ago.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@MooseyMcMan said:

@EchoEcho: Yeah, I hadn't really considered that. I guess that depends on who they get back. Do they slap something together and just use Shepard (Mark Meer/Jennifer Hale), or do they get the "famous" people with busy schedules? (I'm just assuming that Mark Meer has plenty of time since he lives in Canada and it seems like all he does is goofy improv/internet videos, no clue about Jennifer Hale (she's probably more busy).)

They said from the beginning (and reinforced this at PAX East) that they're doing a proper balls-out epilogue. That includes plenty of video, dialogue, the whole nine yards. They've also been working on it since April. I'm guessing it'll be ready sometime in July, and that means they'll have had a good three to four months to work on the ending. What they should have had since the beginning, really.

As far as all of the DLC being free so far, thank the multiplayer and the people who have been buying the packs with real money. That's no doubt the reason all of the DLC has been free so far. Hell, if it continues to thrive then there is a chance we'll be getting free (or reduced price) single player DLC.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Just give me the Dragon Age plates of "Oghren had three kids and named one of them after you".  Tell me how Garrus spent the rest of his life, are the quarians happy on Rannoch (or are they DEAD?!), did the krogan integrate back into the galaxy peacefully or has their been flareups and violence?  Give me the next hundred years of galactic life after the Reapers, and then if you make a Mass Effect 4 have it take place two hundred years after the last one, where Liara is the only returning character.

EchoEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By EchoEcho

@MooseyMcMan: I'm hoping that -- what with this being the ending of the whole damn trilogy -- BioWare would at least try to get the whole cast in for some token lines of dialogue, but what with most of them having other work to do, it is really hard to say if they'll be able to. Of course, if this ends up just being a series of slides with a narrator, then it will not only be rather anti-climactic, it'll also make me wonder what's taking so damn long. I'm honestly starting to lose whatever interest I had in seeing this new and improved ending. 'Course, I'm also one of the bizarre few who had no problem with the ending as is, so I guess I have less of a reason to care in the first place.

Edit: Didn't see @Oldirtybearon's post until just now. Guess that would explain things, then.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AngelN7

@Brodehouse said:

Just give me the Dragon Age plates of "Oghren had three kids and named one of them after you". Tell me how Garrus spent the rest of his life, are the quarians happy on Rannoch (or are they DEAD?!), did the krogan integrate back into the galaxy peacefully or has their been flareups and violence? Give me the next hundred years of galactic life after the Reapers, and then if you make a Mass Effect 4 have it take place two hundred years after the last one, where Liara is the only returning character.

That's basically all they needed and I thought they were gonna use the Stargazer scene for that " And what happened after The Shepard did that grandpa?, ok listen son. The Shepard [insert decision about how did you deal with the reapers], the Krogans [insert choice] The Geth and the Quarians [insert choice] ... and that happened so long ago that people say Shepard was a man some say a woman, some say Shepard was born on Earth, some say Shepard was a colonist" and so on...

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Quarters

If true, sounds great.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

The fuck does Rio look like in the ME universe?

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@EchoEcho: Yeah. I've just been thinking about it recently because I've been trying furiously to S-Rank the game. All I have left is the 5000 kills Achievement, and I "only" need around 700 more kills to get it.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By N7

The dude was the source behind the last leak, so I'm pretty excited.

The things they can do, the places they can go. Get hype.

Z3RO180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Z3RO180

@AngelN7: Any idea when this promised free ending DLC will be comeing out?

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AngelN7

@Z3RO180 said:

@AngelN7: Any idea when this promised free ending DLC will be comeing out?

You mean the Extended Cut? probably in July/August they said summer.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are we getting new enemies? Because I really love the new classes but I have no desire to play against the old three again.

Why can't they just put in some Collectors and Mercs from ME2? 

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#30  Edited By alistercat

@Irvandus said:

The fuck does Rio look like in the ME universe?

Probably use the assets from the planet where you find Jacob's dad in ME2.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#31  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

@SmasheControllers said:

It's the same guy, he posted this on reddit.

SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TaliciaDragonsong: My idea for Collector's sounds reasonable, but I still don't understand why people want mercs. Yeah they'd be a new enemy but I hated fighting them in ME2 why would I like fighting them in ME3?

TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SmasheControllers said:

@TaliciaDragonsong: My idea for Collector's sounds reasonable, but I still don't understand why people want mercs. Yeah they'd be a new enemy but I hated fighting them in ME2 why would I like fighting them in ME3?

Game ain't about you though, I'd like to fight them, hell I'd like them instead of the Reapers if I had a choice.
    They'd just offer some good new gameplay with their types of enemies (humanoid bots, the robot dogs, the biotic/tech mercs).
    I've seen the three options by now, I'd like some variety in what I'm fighting, not what I'm fighting as!
    Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#34  Edited By Hizang

Wait this is just multiplayer DLC right, if so I'm still not interested.

SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Brodehouse said:

Just give me the Dragon Age plates of "Oghren had three kids and named one of them after you". Tell me how Garrus spent the rest of his life, are the quarians happy on Rannoch (or are they DEAD?!), did the krogan integrate back into the galaxy peacefully or has their been flareups and violence? Give me the next hundred years of galactic life after the Reapers, and then if you make a Mass Effect 4 have it take place two hundred years after the last one, where Liara is the only returning character.

DAO and DAA's ending wasn't perfect and it's not the best way to do an ending, but I was happy to hear about all my companions. Morrigan and my kid are safe and Alistair and Anora are ruling together.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AngelN7

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

@SmasheControllers said:

Game ain't about you though, I'd like to fight them, hell I'd like them instead of the Reapers if I had a choice. They'd just offer some good new gameplay with their types of enemies (humanoid bots, the robot dogs, the biotic/tech mercs). I've seen the three options by now, I'd like some variety in what I'm fighting, not what I'm fighting as!

But would they really offer more variety than the current enemies? fighting Blue Suns Batarians that only have guns and tech armor at best? maybe the Eclipse mercs would pose a bigger challenge using biotics and mechs , but considering you're fighting even bigger mechs (Atlas) and even deadlier biotics (Banshee) it wouldn't be that big of a difference , I would like some variety maybe some new enemy types within the 3 factions we already have, but fighting ME2 mercs wouldn't make much sense storywise or be any more of a challenge.

SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AngelN7 said:

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

@SmasheControllers said:

Game ain't about you though, I'd like to fight them, hell I'd like them instead of the Reapers if I had a choice. They'd just offer some good new gameplay with their types of enemies (humanoid bots, the robot dogs, the biotic/tech mercs). I've seen the three options by now, I'd like some variety in what I'm fighting, not what I'm fighting as!

But would they really offer more variety than the current enemies? fighting Blue Suns Batarians that only have guns and tech armor at best? maybe the Eclipse mercs would pose a bigger challenge using biotics and mechs , but considering you're fighting even bigger mechs (Atlas) and even deadlier biotics (Banshee) it wouldn't be that big of a difference , I would like some variety maybe some new enemy types within the 3 factions we already have, but fighting ME2 mercs wouldn't make much sense storywise or be any more of a challenge.

This about sums it up, they could make something up for the collector's and they'd be a better enemy to bring back.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@AngelN7

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

@SmasheControllers said:

Story is the Reapers have hit several major mercenary bases and have indoctrinated tons of mercs.

Even if ATLAS are stronger than YMIR, that doesn't mean there isn't fun to be had. A YMIR could be a smaller, less tanky ATLAS that comes more often or in numbers. FENRIS there really isn't anything like. LOKIs could be pure fodder to harass with numbers. Blue Suns and Eclipse can share them, maybe Blue Suns have their own slightly different take on the Centurion and Guardian, Eclipse has their own take on Engineers and Phantoms. Blood Pack have vorcha fodder, vorcha pyros, krogan heavy gunners and krogan battlemasters as their Banshee equivalent.

Could work super easy.
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SmasheControllers said:

@AngelN7 said:

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

@SmasheControllers said:

This about sums it up, they could make something up for the collector's and they'd be a better enemy to bring back.

A lot of things don't make sense storywise actually in the MP, but I'm here to argue gameplay, not lore.

In my eyes if you'd combine the groups from ME2 you can come up with some great new enemies.
    I'd actually like to have some shoot outs/power battles, because most units ingame will shoot a few rounds and slowly advance on your position not to flank you, no, but to beat you bloody with their overpowered melee (I'm looking at the Cerb Centurions here especially).
    Not to mention Geth Hunters, pyro's, phantoms, banshees, brutes, husks.
    A lot of enemies always seem to try and push you out in the open, which is totally fine from a tactical viewpoint because otherwise we'd all hug walls untill we'd go crazy.

I'm suggesting mercs that use biotics to push you out of cover (kinda like Harbinger did), mercs that use tech to overload or jam weapons or temporarily shut down your own abilities.
    The humanoid mechs would be fun to fight because if you do not take them out completely they will crawl towards you, shooting or clawing, and pose another threat instead of a easy kill (but headshot them and yeah, problem solved).

The risk is that they will very much seem like a light Cerberus version and I'll admit I have no clue what to use as heavier/special troops, but the idea of biotics/techs chasing you around corners and making it just a tad harder to run about in the open seems very challenging to me.
    And I'm a bloody Krogan Vanguard on Gold, so yeah.

Collectors would be the better choice in terms of enemies, they have the diversity for it, but I'd like to see both groups in there.

I just remembered though, if they ever end up doing a retake Omega DLC that's the perfect spot to either introduce the Collectors (along with some of the new creations from the comic) and/or the mercenaries.
    But its more likely the mercs will be on our side because Omega is/was also their home.
    Which opens up a whole new slew of ideas for race/classes!
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Brodehouse: I'm not saying they couldn't make something up, beside MP is only slightly based on the singleplayer stuff.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By AngelN7

@Brodehouse: @TaliciaDragonsong: They'll have to make them pose an equal threat from a gameplay perspective (wich I just don't see it, Banshees and Phantoms are dangerous when you're trying to complete objectives like holding a point that's why most people go for Geth when the weekend challenge ask for gold extractions) and storywise than the current factions, wich I don't know it would be kinda of a stretch to say well the Reapers indoctrinated them but they didn't turn them into Canibals, Brutes and Marauders because they're such good fighters.

Sure they could totally do it and make them work if you give just give them enough fire power (mechs , biotics , turrets) and I'm all for new enemy types to bring something fresh to the multiplayer but I wouldn't want them to bring the Terminus ystem mercs just to make them work like in ME2 just so people can go "hey! weekend challenge, complete on gold, let's do Terminus system mercenaries on firebase white cuz they're easier than the Geth" make them worthwhile and just as hard to deal or don't do it , the Collectors I can see them from both story continuity and gameplay working just fine.

TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AngelN7: As I said it needs some tweaking, not too sure about their heavier units.
    I'm sure there's a Vanguard/Battlemaster type as Brodehouse pointed out that could fill a scary role like Phantom.
    A krogan that charges you and then unloads with a shotgun if he gets within say  short range? That's as scary if not scarier than a Phantom.

Storywise all Collectors died though and I guess the only reason the indoctrinated Mercs would work because the Reapers are feeling pressed and have no real time to completely take over the bodies and make new units out of them as they did with the rest.
    sean2206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By sean2206

I have nothing against the MP and I enjoyed it while I played it during my campaign play and for a time after but I feel SP is the focus of ME and I'd like to see some SP DLC including the extended cut DLC as I enjoyed all the ME2 DLC and want more of that. I'll probably get this pack but I'd like some more single player content.

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#44  Edited By onan

Ugh, this is gross. Just what this game needs, more faceless masked humans you can't tell apart until they start using powers.

They really need to redesign the lobby UI. As it is now, you can't tell the Asari Adept apart from the Justicar unless you tab over to the right screen and check the abilities. Now you'll just see a bunch of "human male" and not know who is going to be in your party without looking into it further. Even then, you're going to have to make mental notes as to which username is using what classes so you can plan ahead and follow around other characters to do things like set off biotic explosions and shit.

An overhaul is definitely needed. The character select screen is already well over-capacity.

I don't suspect they'll ever charge for these. They're keeping a good eye on numbers, and they're realizing now that not that many people are playing multi anymore based on the requirements for the weekly (now bi-weekly) challenges. The playerbase for ME3 multi is dwindling, now growing. Personal Challenge: Complete a Silver match? Really? Less than 100,000 matches needed to be played for the community target to get that many retrieval missions? A paid map pack would KILL this game. MS generally never lets a publisher release more than one free DLC, but seeing how they've done this a few times now, I suspect the revenue from ME3's F2P-style lootboxes is far outstripping revenue from more traditional DLC and XBLA games which has dropped SHARPLY from where it was a few years ago. (Speaking of UI, do you think it might be because of the fucking TERRIBLE metro UI that makes it impossible to find anything, MS? Hm?)

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By AngelN7

@onan: I don't understand the first point you can tell if you're playing with an Asari justicar or adept just by looking at the class is that really all that bothersome just moving you're eyes a little to the right? , the challenges where toned down because people couldn't complete the last 2 either because the playerbase has the decrese or they didn't bother doing them ( a lot of people on PS3 play silver/bronze matches even when there are weekend challenges, since those are easier and more fun specially if you're playing with extrangers that don't use headsets)

As for the DLC thing I rather if they use that model for future multiplayer modes, I haven't bought a single pack with real money and never will but if other people do it and that means getting free DLC map packs then I'm all for it.

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#46  Edited By onan

@AngelN7: It's not so bad now, but once this pack comes out, you're going to have a bunch of new classes, and along with the ex-cerberus operative, they're all going to say "human male" requiring you to go to a subscreen, making it an annoyance. It's just an obvious thing that needs to get fixed that's bothering me.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By AngelN7

@onan said:

@AngelN7: It's not so bad now, but once this pack comes out, you're going to have a bunch of new classes, and along with the ex-cerberus operative, they're all going to say "human male" requiring you to go to a subscreen, making it an annoyance. It's just an obvious thing that needs to get fixed that's bothering me.

Sure maybe not as soon as the pack launches, not that I've played a ton after the newest pack release but so far I''ve not even seen a male Quarian or an Ex-Cerberus operative, that's a problem they could fix easely with a patch so maybe they'll get arround that at some point.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48  Edited By N7

The U.I is pretty bad. It looks very outdated. Really wish they'd come in and make it better. Like maybe instead of full body shots, they can have closeups of their faces like a profile or something? Like the military would do.

Also can't seem to want to play the game anymore. I really want those new characters, but it took me over 6 hours of hardcore PSP grinding in order to get just the Batarian. I don't think I can do that again.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By AngelN7

@N7: Yeah sometimes it sucks rolling the dice after playing 2 matches of Silver just to get someting you didn't wanted, I got almost all the clases from the first map pack minus the Geth Engineer wich is the one I wanted , but I think I got my fill with the multiplayer is really fun and all but I never try to "prestige" in them, it seems insane to me seeing people with a 1000+ N7 rank. I rather play the main story again wich is what I'm doing.

huser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By huser

@SmasheControllers said:

The fighting is fiercest when it's your home at stake! Mass Effect 3™: Earth adds mods, gear, and new maps for Rio, Vancouver, and London. It features 3 new weapons: Piranha assault shotgun, Acolyte pistol, and Typhoon light machine gun. Six new human N7 classes are also available: Destroyer, Paladin, Demolisher, Slayer, Shadow, and Fury!

I'm always down for more DLC.

Exciting news, but god those class names are kinda terrible in a mid 90's comicbook/teenage creation kind of way.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.