Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Mass Effect 3 for Mac?

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Jayross

The Amazon page lists Mass Effect 3 as a PC/Mac title.

http://twitpic.com/3gxbui

Cool! Although this hasn't been confirmed, so it might be an error on Amazon's end.

Avatar image for deactivated-5de441812a230
    deactivated-5de441812a230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Hmmn. I wonder. Seems unlikely, but you never know. EA occasionally makes an effort to put games out for mac...

oatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By oatz

Nice. I could run ME2 with everything at max using my 17" i7 Macbook Pro with Boot Camp and I got a solid framerate, so this should probably work. 

EDIT: I just realized that it's EA, so it'll probably be a shitty Cider port if anything. Too bad.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By KaosAngel

...just bootcamp it.

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Jayross

Yeah, bootcamp is ideal, but it would be nice to see publishers create native versions of games like Valve.

Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Edwardryu

it will not be happening. trust me on this. mac is outcast from gaming platform. nobody develops mac games because it doesn't make money. do you think that game makers just create games without any profit? it's all about money. I bet you that PC game is even slowly dying nowadays. don't expect major games for mac. it is still all about PC. bootcamp is not enough. I don't know whether you notice or not, performance is different. mainly mac os x doesn't support directX. so it is totally disadvantage. OpenGL bullshit doesn't make game good. 

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jack268
    @Edwardryu: Blizzard supports Mac, so does Valve. The 2 most successful non-console developers both support your dying platform. Any gaming company could make money from PC/Mac games if they just knew how to attract people instead of putting out broken games that cost $60 at launch and the price never drops a la Activision. You can't really say PC is dying when Blizzard made the same amount of cash on PC/Mac as Activision made on 360 and PS3 combined last year and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 sold as much on PC as it did on 360 and PS3 combined as well. PC gaming isn't dying even if some publishers try to kill it.
    Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Edwardryu
    @Jack268: well, I already know it. it's only couple of gaming companies. that like barely less than 3%. blizzard is huge for PC still. but it's not really effected on making money comparing to console. unfortunately I don't play strategy game at all. not my interesting, not my taste. but in the end, PC game occupied rate will be very diminish next 10 years. do you think company like blizzard will hold that share? I don't think so. blizzard recently set a plan to make console game for next 10 years. it is inevitable. I know, I don't like console box because of game quality. I prefer to play my laptop. it looks much better than console for every point.  
    Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jack268
    @Edwardryu said:
    "blizzard recently set a plan to make console game for next 10 years. "
    Post a source. Their Diablo 3 console project is merely a test/spinoff last time I heard about it.  
     There are no console games on this list. 
    Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Edwardryu

here I am again. because I have some insider information which public doesn't know about. trust me on this. that chart made a long time ago before they made a decision to make for console.  

by the way, unfortunately we don't see ME 2 is coming to Mac even yet (OK, what about ME 1? none). for ME 3? they won't make at all. Bioware is belong to EA. they don't take a chance to make for minority.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By maxszy
    @Jayross said:
    " The Amazon page lists Mass Effect 3 as a PC/Mac title. http://twitpic.com/3gxbui Cool! Although this hasn't been confirmed, so it might be an error on Amazon's end. "
    I am going to be getting a new IMac next year so I would absolutely LOVE this. God, this would be awesome. 

Here's to hoping, not many put time into Mac games. But this would be huge.
    Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Edwardryu

that's error. even very huge success ME 2 is not coming to Mac. if it is supposed, it is already made for ME 2 like Assassin's creed 2. so will it happen? NO. don't expect to get mac version of any mass effect game. sorry. EA doesn't deal with minority because it doesn't make any money.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.