A little simple, but still awesome.

#4 Posted by Harmonican (60 posts) -

Shepard looks weird.

#5 Posted by HubrisRanger (488 posts) -

When does this actually hit GameStops?

#6 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -
@Harmonican said:
" Shepard looks weird. "
He looks like he just saw something disgusting that has angered him... while posing for a magazine? I really don't know how to explain that picture, but I agree.
#7 Posted by litrock (170 posts) -

I don't know who that is, because everyone knows Shepard is a lady. But I guess I could recruit that guy in the third game, if he's useful. He looks like a douche.

#8 Posted by ieatpoptarts (17 posts) -

Game Informer covers always look great. I like how they aren't littered with headlines.

#9 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

oh hey... its sheppard.. in space

yup
#10 Posted by Marcsman (3286 posts) -

What about all the female Sheppards out there?
#11 Posted by leebmx (2235 posts) -

Why is that angry looking person wearing Shepard's suit........i'm sure it will all be explained.

#12 Posted by XenoNick (1481 posts) -
@Harmonican said:
" Shepard looks weird. "
He doesn't look weired. He looks proper pissed off though.
#13 Posted by The_Joker (245 posts) -
@litrock said:
" I don't know who that is, because everyone knows Shepard is a lady. But I guess I could recruit that guy in the third game, if he's useful. He looks like a douche. "
this.
#14 Posted by Jasta (2217 posts) -

Shepard looks like a model from Robot Chicken in this picture. =\

#15 Posted by Gabriel (4081 posts) -

Why isn't his face all fucked up, I DIDN"T PAY TO FIX THE SCARS.

Bioware Suckz.
#16 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -
@Jasta: 
His name is Mark Vanderloo
#17 Posted by GetEveryone (4458 posts) -

Hype.

HYPE!
#18 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4881 posts) -

Commander Shepard is not amused by impostors.
That said, I think I just peed a little.
#19 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5154 posts) -

@KingWilly said:

"

Commander Shepard is not amused by impostors.

"

Yes he is

#20 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4881 posts) -
@Mr_Skeleton: Well played, sir.
#21 Posted by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -

Yep, that's default Shepard.

#22 Posted by Simulacrum (458 posts) -

Who the hell is the guy on the cover? Shepard is obviously a woman.

#23 Posted by Jimbo (9984 posts) -

lol.  Nice pose, Shep.

#24 Posted by EuanDewar (5098 posts) -

Meeeeow.

#25 Posted by Jasta (2217 posts) -
@Dany said:
" @Jasta: 
His name is Mark Vanderloo "
I know his likeness was taken from Mark Vanderloo, but I'm talking about the picture in the OP. He looks like a clay model from Robot Chicken.
#26 Posted by CaptainObvious (3000 posts) -

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person in the world that played a male Shepard.

#27 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

glad to see the one true shepard back in the saddle

#28 Posted by drag (1206 posts) -

Who is that strange space man.

#29 Posted by guiseppe (2842 posts) -

Dude does nothing for me. Shepard is a redheaded woman.

#30 Posted by SteamPunkJin (1286 posts) -

So now is when it's gets hard to stay in Media Blackout Mode with ME3 huh?
You ruined a lot of ME2 for me GI....there will not be a repeat.

Also, Shepard is in fact, a red headed woman, that is all.

#31 Posted by Skald (4370 posts) -

Generic looking.

#32 Edited by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

@Harmonican

said:

" Shepard looks weird. "

At least he looks like Shepard unlike the box art for Mass Effect 2.

My "main" Shepard is a male but as far as female Shepard goes. This is my gal, all the way.
#33 Posted by FreakAche (2955 posts) -
@SteamPunkJin said:
" So now is when it's gets hard to stay in Media Blackout Mode with ME3 huh? You ruined a lot of ME2 for me GI....there will not be a repeat.Also, Shepard is in fact, a red headed woman, that is all. "
How spoilery did they get with Mass Effect 2?
#34 Posted by damswedon (3201 posts) -
@litrock said:
" I don't know who that is, because everyone knows Shepard is a lady. But I guess I could recruit that guy in the third game, if he's useful. He looks like a douche. "
#35 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11390 posts) -
@The_Joker said:
" @litrock said:
this. "
Stop complaining you sexists. 
#36 Posted by litrock (170 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan: Hey, Shepard's been a lady for two games now. Obviously this male 'version' has been made to pander to the loud misogynist minority. Those guys are totally jerks. What next? Female Mario? Male Lara Croft?

Oh, wait, Nathan Drake...

;-)
#37 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4881 posts) -
@PhatSeeJay: I've yet to see a female Shepard that looked attractive let alone human. Well done.
#38 Posted by Undeadpool (4996 posts) -
@PhatSeeJay: Did you actually model yours after Jennifer Hale? Cause that's a striking likeness.
#39 Posted by Buckwatters (141 posts) -

That's not my Shepard, that's an impostor!

#40 Posted by Dtat (1630 posts) -
@litrock said:
Agree.
#41 Posted by rjayb89 (7728 posts) -

Chie Shepard talking to some piece of shit
#42 Edited by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -
@KingWilly said:

" @PhatSeeJay: I've yet to see a female Shepard that looked attractive let alone human. Well done. "

@Undeadpool said:

" @PhatSeeJay: Did you actually model yours after Jennifer Hale? Cause that's a striking likeness. "

It's actually a mod. Another fortune with the PC community. It's using the face texture for Ashley and modified hair models. So even if I don't take credit for creating her, she just looked so amazing I just couldn't accept any other face than that one.
Thinking about replacing the female Shepard I use in my video and record new stuff with her instead. :)
#43 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4881 posts) -
@PhatSeeJay: How does that mod work, exactly? I've seen it kicking around, but no one has explained if it changes the CC default or if it's one model (like default) or whatever.
#44 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -
@KingWilly:  No model changes. Only thing you really change is the hair. You download a mod tool that goes into the save file and changes the texture on Shepard. You create a Shepard and once you wake up, you save the game and edit the save file.
You replace the texture using the mod tool and change the hair and a little this and that. There is a file you can import to the mod tool to simplify things, but you have to create a character yourself first. The file and a bit deeper explanation can be found here.
#45 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@CaptainObvious said:
" Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person in the world that played a male Shepard. "
The majority of people played Male Shepard according to Bioware. The Giantbomb community just loves playing females in RPGs for some unknown reason.
#46 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4881 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" @CaptainObvious said:
" Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person in the world that played a male Shepard. "
The majority of people played Male Shepard according to Bioware. The Giantbomb community just loves playing females in RPGs for some unknown reason. "
They claim it's because Jennifer Hale's Robo-Shepard voice work is superior, but we all know that's just a lie to cover up their misogynist reasoning of staring at female booty for 30+ hours.

Or they're transgendered.

Nothing wrong with that one, though.
#47 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2730 posts) -

You people are crazy.

Shepard is a dude.
#48 Posted by N7 (3666 posts) -

Feels good, man.

I just want to know what's actually happening. Like, what, are the Reapers already on Earth or what? In that teaser trailer, they were already there, and in that cover, they are already there, so I'm hoping it's just there to confuse us or something.

Hopefully it's one epic magazine though.

#49 Posted by xyzygy (10077 posts) -

Howcome ever since Mass Effect 2 Sheperd looks so weird in all the promotional items? 

#50 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1771 posts) -

I actually didn't have any clue what male Shepard sounded like until recently seeing a video. Lady Shepard all the way.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.