Mass Effect 3 LIVE EA stream (videos + Q&A) RIGHT NOW

#1 Edited by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

The EA channel where we're awaiting a BF3 stream at 4:30 PT just started broadcasting ME3 footage, with all-new gameplay, promised Q&A and more.. 
 Live Stream: http://live-event.ea.com/e3/chat/mass-effect  SCROLL DOWN AND CLICK ON THE PANEL THING TO ASK QUESTIONS

Answering fan questions in real time

Edit: It went offline. Here's the archived version: (thanks to PhatSeeJay

Watch live streaming video from electronicarts at livestream.com

You have PhatSeeJay down here taking care of all the info/features shown in the never-seen-before gameplay :
#2 Edited by PhatSeeJay (3321 posts) -
Weapon Bench

I'm writing out things that are new to me from watching this, narrated by Jesse Houston.

Archived video can be found here.

Geth Base

• Nothing worth noting from there.

Part on the Salarian Homeworld

Weapon Customization
  • Just saw the weapon bench and squad customization. Confirms they are putting more focus on customizing your weapons and abilities.
  • The powers can receive upgrades to boost power, recharge and damage.
  • Paragon/Renegade behavior from the Squad mates. I suspect it will be some form of rivalry meter in the end. Shepard's gotta make some tough choices and some might not like it. (kudos to Rufi91 for the screengrab of Garrus)
  • The assassination move over cover is golden. No more sitting behind the same cover like morons. Just grab and stab.
  • Giant Cerberus mech is called an Atlas and can be used by the player if he kill the pilot before destroying it.

Part where Earth is attacked

• Anderson shows that the squad mates still look really awkward while jogging with their pistol out.

Q&A

Paragon/Renegade Squad Mates
  • The entire Systems Alliance fleet is practically annihilated.
  • Reason why the Reapers arrive to Earth in such force is because the Local cluster is the closest to the Batarian in the southern end, which the Reapers are coming from. They are spreading gradually "north".
  • Exploration will still have a part in the game, though no details are revealed.
  • The Omni-blade is a heavy melee attack when holding the punch button. Tapping creates a regular punch.
  • No Volus team member.
  • The Krogan female is currently called 'Eve'.
  • They say the game will be playable after the end of the game, but the way they say it; hints that it will be similar to how it worked in DA2 where they just say "ok the game is over, now go out and do side stuff".
  • Lobbying for a Hanar Spectre, but not likely to happen. (:P)
  • You will be able to change the color of the guns.
  • Armors will be more customizeable, but they left out to explain if it included companion armors.
  • PC specs: Similar to Mass Effect 2, should be written at Origin.com under the CE.
  • Elevators will remain, though they forgot to tell if it was an idle space or a loading screen.

This was very much rewarding to watch. Definitely feeling good from it.

Great stream and QA, even if they could have answered a couple of the questions better.

#3 Edited by Sjupp (1901 posts) -

Hurr Durr

#4 Posted by Darksaw (315 posts) -

Nice find.

#5 Posted by Marz (5608 posts) -

i'm watching it.

#6 Posted by Toms115 (2314 posts) -

ttttttttttttthank fuck they didn't get the new guy to change the galaxy map music

#7 Posted by Marz (5608 posts) -

oh.... first child i've ever seen in the Mass Effect universe lol.

#8 Posted by Sjupp (1901 posts) -

This game does scale really well :O

#9 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@PhatSeeJay said:
  • Just saw the weapon bench and squad customization. Oh fuuuu- yes.
  • The assassination move over cover is golden. No more sitting behind the same cover like morons. Just grab and stab.
  • Giant Cerberus mech is called an Atlas.
Thanks for the continued analysis! I'm not big enough on ME to provide anything valuable :P
#10 Posted by rmanthorp (3694 posts) -

LOOKING SO AWESOME!! 

Oh snap paragon and renegade options for squad mates!! 

#11 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1490 posts) -

I hope you get to go to Canada

#12 Posted by SpacePenguin (472 posts) -

Wow thanks alot for posting this.

#13 Posted by DillonWerner (1521 posts) -

Will I be able to watch the game-play part of this again anywhere?

#14 Posted by canucks23 (1087 posts) -
@No0b0rAmA said:
One of the cities they talked about was a Vancouver and Seattle combined into one big city. I think they said you go there.
#15 Posted by Marz (5608 posts) -

Someone asked the question i wanted to know, will Conrad Verner return and save the universe lol...  

#16 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

wow, paragon and renegade for squadmates, crazy

#17 Posted by Yummylee (20570 posts) -

Wow.. there are a lot more slots for upgrades in the abilities there. Still shame to see it's essentially the same amount of abilities, though. Just hope that the upgrades will start to develop them more significantly than just ''yo, this thing will now hurt more''.

#18 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1490 posts) -
@canucks23 said:
@No0b0rAmA said:
One of the cities they talked about was a Vancouver and Seattle combined into one big city. I think they said you go there.
Thats a big fucking city
#19 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -

So the paragon and renegade options for the squad mates is just like Kotor 2?

#20 Posted by Marz (5608 posts) -
@Dany said:

wow, paragon and renegade for squadmates, crazy

sounds like Dragon Age 2's Friendship/ Rivalry thing.
#21 Posted by General_D23 (1201 posts) -

I imagine the Paragon/Renegade meters for squadies is only there because they haven't taken it out for them yet. I also imagine that none of those powers or abilities are final yet.

The weapon customization looks pretty cool! I also liked the little environment and location teases they showed.

#22 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

@General_D23 said:

I imagine the Paragon/Renegade meters for squadies is only there because they haven't taken it out for them yet. I also imagine that none of those powers or abilities are final yet.

The weapon customization looks pretty cool! I also liked the little environment and location teases they showed.

My question is with the progression bar with your level, is their going to be actual XP in the game?

#23 Posted by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -

@PhatSeeJay: Thank you very much for writing that up!

#24 Posted by General_D23 (1201 posts) -

@Dany: I actually liked how it was for ME2. Having a set amount for missions and assignments meant that you could play it how you wanted, for example, solving things peacefully or not going after every single enemy, instead of having a large part of it be for actual kills.

#25 Edited by FreakAche (2938 posts) -

Is this archived anywhere? 

Edit: Never mind.

#26 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3321 posts) -
#27 Edited by Marz (5608 posts) -

You know what would actually be cool.  If you can send another team to another planet to like do some intelligence gathering and etc.  While your off doing a mission with squad mates you chose to have by your side.  So it doesn't seem like they are wasted if you don't bring them along.

#28 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

@General_D23 said:

@Dany: I actually liked how it was for ME2. Having a set amount for missions and assignments meant that you could play it how you wanted, for example, solving things peacefully or not going after every single enemy, instead of having a large part of it be for actual kills.

I hope its a combination of both, but I love getting XP from killing dudes, except when I have to play the game two more times to reach the level cap.

Also, their are stats on weapons now, parts are changable with others and on a single planet, you only scan to fine a drop point on it to preform a mission, no mining. They showed Tuchunka having three drop points for various missions

#29 Edited by Lazyaza (2136 posts) -

God I love the sound of that reaper, best giant robot noise ever!

edit: HOLY SHIT PILOT ABLE MECHS

#30 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3321 posts) -

@Marz said:

You know what would actually be cool. If you can send another team to another planet to like do some intelligence gathering and etc. While your off doing a mission with squad mates you chose to have by your side. So it doesn't seem like they are wasted if you don't bring them along.

Agreed. Or at least have them do things from their ends while you're on the same planet, doing Shepard's thing.

Probably one of the things DA2 did right at the end of the game. Not spoiling anything; the entire group basically fought next to you even if you hadn't chosen them as party members. You had no direct control over them, but they fought together with you and were there.

I really hope we could see more of that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.