Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Mass Effect 3 multiplayer ego thread

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Cataphract1014

Lets see your best scores!

Quarian Infiltrator using the Geth Plasma Shotgun X
    Quarian Infiltrator using the Geth Plasma Shotgun X
    Quarian Infiltrator using a Widow VII
    Quarian Infiltrator using a Widow VII

The Pizzapasta guy in the second one did nothing the whole game. He would die and at the end of the round res and go into cover, and he still got 30k credits out of it because we(Read: I) got the team to wave 7.

815Sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By 815Sox

There are leechers like that guy... thankfully not all that many.

andriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By andriv

pretty good, i just starting working on a quarian infiltrator in my last game

when do the multiplayer events start?

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Cataphract1014

@andriv: They will start tonight I think. This weekends is really easy. Just have to promote 2 characters for the individual one and it is 150,000 characters total. I got 3 I'm gonna promote as soon as it updates.

Also, the Plasma Shotgun is amazing with the infiltrators.

andriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By andriv

@Cataphract1014: I have a soldier and an engineer ready to promote, we will reach 150.000 tonight.

don't think i have the plasma shotgun, I'm using a lot of cloak and a sniper. It's probably a good idea to use the cloak to get in close and then take them out with the shotgun.

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By onan

@Cataphract1014 said:

@andriv: They will start tonight I think. This weekends is really easy. Just have to promote 2 characters for the individual one and it is 150,000 characters total. I got 3 I'm gonna promote as soon as it updates.

How are you using it? The geth shotty disables cloak as soon as you start charging it. Are you starting the charge and then engaging cloak? Or are you just not charging up shots at all? (I'm assuming you're using cloak for the damage boost you get on that first shot, right?)

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Cataphract1014

@onan said:

@Cataphract1014 said:

How are you using it? The geth shotty disables cloak as soon as you start charging it. Are you starting the charge and then engaging cloak? Or are you just not charging up shots at all? (I'm assuming you're using cloak for the damage boost you get on that first shot, right?)

I either charge then cloak or just don't charge. I fire it quickly. I have it up to X so the damage it does, even without cloak, kills stuff quickly in gold.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

I like to think of ME3's multiplayer as a team effort.
    No matter the score, its teamwork that got us through it.

I played soldier for a change today (normally Krogan Sentinel or Human Adept) and I had the lowest score, yet I didn't go down once and I kept ressing the Drell Adept, Asari Vanguard and Salarian Infiltrator.
    For all their overpoweredness they still went down and a 'lowly' soldier saved their hides.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By rjayb89

Recently, I've been taking a backseat on killing. I'm just staying behind and casting a Stasis bubble (as an Asari Adept) on everything and letting everyone else take the kill, mostly in part to me grabbing the "Veteran" achievement and because I just wanna level up my character in the least amount of work possible. Not like that Pizza guy though, piece of shit.

Despite all this though, I seem to place in the top two spots in every match with a small lead/follow-up in comparison to the other points leader.

Z3RO180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Z3RO180

@TaliciaDragonsong: how do i unlock the krogrn solider also how do i unlock the rest of cuztom lights and stuff for the classes.

TooSweet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TooSweet

I only did enough to get my character to 20 and didn't play again after that. But I found myself in more support roles spamming my singularity and other biotic powers plus helping others with revives. Also keeping our area clear from anyone trying to flank us. I got less kills but the team stayed alive and was able to make it all the way through. Could never beat Gold though unfortunately. Also never played enough to get better guns. Did unlock some characters though via the purchases.

TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Z3RO180 said:

@TaliciaDragonsong: how do i unlock the krogrn solider also how do i unlock the rest of cuztom lights and stuff for the classes.

You get appearance options, new weapons and new classes most commonly from Spectre packs, be warned however that it's very random.
    I got my Krogan pretty quick but I know others who have bought loads of packs and gotten everything except the Krogan!
    andriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By andriv

@TaliciaDragonsong: A killing machine is as valuable to the team as a support player. He seams to be very good as an extremely offensive player. I am usually in the last or second to last place.

Z3RO180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Z3RO180

@TaliciaDragonsong: i dount kow about you but that is the most crapist part of mass effect 3...ok the only bad part of mass effct 3

TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andriv: Oh I wasn't attacking people! Just saying that the whole scoring concept isn't really that good.
    I mean, play a Biotic and nuke the crap out of crowded groups and see your score fly!
    Just saying I rather have a support player who's reliable than some dude who only saves his own hide because he wants a high score!

@Z3RO180
    I agree, I got lucky and got several of the other races right away but I'd be very pissed off if I didn't get to play as a Krogan because of some stupid lottery system!
    Grimhild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Grimhild

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

I like to think of ME3's multiplayer as a team effort. No matter the score, its teamwork that got us through it. I played soldier for a change today (normally Krogan Sentinel or Human Adept) and I had the lowest score, yet I didn't go down once and I kept ressing the Drell Adept, Asari Vanguard and Salarian Infiltrator. For all their overpoweredness they still went down and a 'lowly' soldier saved their hides.

Yes. There's been numerous rounds where I basically did nothing except crowd control to run in solo and rez Vanguards that were spamming their rush when the same group of mobs could have been killed without casualties with a little co-ordination and tactics. Instead, those matches usually boil down to a war of attrition with the other half of the team constantly fighting over the kills and end up getting steamrolled as a result.

To each their own, though.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#17  Edited By StarvingGamer

Oh there's an event this weekend? Guess it's time to say goodbye to my Salarian Engineer and Asari Vanguard.

andriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By andriv

@TaliciaDragonsong: yeah, the scoring is only fair to the players that kill a lot.

They don't give you any reason to play a support role

TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Grimhild said:
    Exactly what I mean! If everyone's on another side of the map and dies you're getting nowhere, so I tend to mop up or watch backs.

@andriv
    The credits at the end of a round are enough reason for me.
    I prefer supporting and getting paid over rushing for kills and dying after a few waves.
    jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By jacdg

Well, I've finished first in almost every lobby I've ever been, either I'm pretty good or I just get matched up with terrible people.

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#21  Edited By onan

@Cataphract1014 said:

@onan said:

@Cataphract1014 said:

I either charge then cloak or just don't charge. I fire it quickly. I have it up to X so the damage it does, even without cloak, kills stuff quickly in gold.

Ok, follow up then that I wasn't able to confirm for myself in singleplayer since everything was so weak. When you charge it up, it almost has like two charge stages, it's like "..thump ...THUMP" and those are about a second apart. After that first thump, is it significantly less powerful (or the same thing?) as the second fully charged state? I've been playing mostly bronze with a Level I or II plasma shotgun and I'm not entirely sure. It's definitely my favorite weapon so far. That and maybe the Carnifax or Paladin pistol.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#22  Edited By huntad

Yeah, I tend to get the top score in games, but just because I know my class really well and play to my strengths. I still always play for the team and will take 2nd place any time if it means we survive.

Z3RO180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Z3RO180

@TaliciaDragonsong: if you ask my i think thats what people should bitch to bioware about instead of the endings. Oh thats right trolls i went there (Not directed to the person i relpyed to)

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Cataphract1014

Asari adepts are very good support, but they can also be insane killers. Specced right your Warp > throw explosions can demolish stuff. You can take 3 or 4 bars of armor off of and atlas or prime, and that is enough to kill the tier 1 enemies in one explosion and the tier 2 ones in two. It can be rather crappy when people steal your explosions with a tech move. Tech bursts don't do any where near the damage of a explosion specced adept.

TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Cataphract1014: I'll one up with Stasis.
    Specc it for bubble, max warp, put one or two points in Throw and then max Fitness/Justicar.

Bubble stasis is a death trap, follow it up with a Carnifax pistol headshot or use throw/warp to cause a biotic explosion.

So I kept getting demolished in Silver playing duo with my cousin.
    We were both level 20, he played Engineer and I played Krogan Sentinel.
    Today we promoted our characters for the event, got them up to level 13 and proceeded to try a duo silver as Sentinel (him) and Engineer (me).
    We totally ravaged the opposition without any trouble, made a new record time too.

Is it me or is the difficulty very wonky? One night we can't get past wave 6, the other we wipe the floor with them.
    Good fun though, one powerhouse and one support can accomplish a lot!
    rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#26  Edited By rjayb89

Well, I finally promoted two characters for the weekend event. Playing Vanguard made me feel bad. I wasn't even using Nova since I was playing an Asari, but I still felt bad. I'm not one to hog all of the kills.

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Heltom92

@Cataphract1014:

I got the geth plasma shotgun today from a spectre pack, is the only way to upgrade it to X to buy more spectre packs or can I get the upgrade from other packs?

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Cataphract1014

@Heltom92 said:

@Cataphract1014:

I got the geth plasma shotgun today from a spectre pack, is the only way to upgrade it to X to buy more spectre packs or can I get the upgrade from other packs?

Best chance is spectre packs. They will always have a gold in them. Veteran packs have a small chance at them.

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
    deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It's easy to rank first as long as you stick to the Geth Shotgun, Widow and Carnifex/Paladin and spam skills.

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Cataphract1014

@S0ndor said:

It's easy to rank first as long as you stick to the Geth Shotgun, Widow and Carnifex/Paladin and spam skills.

Isn't generally how you win?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.